Moparts

Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE

Posted By: ADakotaRTGuy

Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/13/11 08:05 PM

Anyone know of someone that can build a good small block 727 up in the northern MD area? I am going to be putting around 750(hopefully) to the wheels and need to have a transmission built for it. Need a regular shift pattern manual valve body and don't really need a trans brake (might hurt the rest of the drivetrain, or at least I am afraid to).
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/13/11 08:40 PM

dynamic also does tranny's - ( pro-formance transmissions)

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/13/11 08:45 PM

Nice, those guys are about 30 min if that from me. Might have to shoot them an email and get a quote. Thanks.
Posted By: hemi471

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/13/11 09:46 PM

Dynamic are great to deal with or ATI in Baltimore. I have used both!!!
Posted By: jvcuda

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 01:12 AM

Quote:

dynamic also does tranny's - ( pro-formance transmissions)

2X
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 01:51 AM

b1johnny in nassau county,,theee most honest dude out there
Posted By: grncpe

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 03:08 AM

Quote:

dynamic is ok .You have to make sure to tell them what you are going to make power wise and over build it from there.Spag,Alum.Drum,Good Valvebody.
Ati builds a great converter,& great powerglides....However they cant build a torqueflite to save their life!
I say this as I had a few from them.they say 750 horse,no problem!
I make about 625 with a 493,
9 passes on the first 1 high gear went away.sent it back waited 2 months for them to rebuild it.Got it back and it was another trans.Put it in with another Brand New 8 in. Treemaster conv.
11 passes and the sprag let go.stock junk drum....you know the rest
BOOM.I was on crutches for 6 months....
So I would deal with Dynamic after that...but I will say Ati's converters are good! I have a new 1 in my Turbo 400 behind my 493...

There is another guy here in Maryland that is good with 727's
Ed Knolls can dig up the # if you like.
Also John Richmond is good also...
Just thought I would chime in to let you know on the ATI thing
Posted By: Sick 660r

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 03:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

dynamic is ok .You have to make sure to tell them what you are going to make power wise and over build it from there.Spag,Alum.Drum,Good Valvebody.
Ati builds a great converter,& great powerglides....However they cant build a torqueflite to save their life!
I say this as I had a few from them.they say 750 horse,no problem!
I make about 625 with a 493,
9 passes on the first 1 high gear went away.sent it back waited 2 months for them to rebuild it.Got it back and it was another trans.Put it in with another Brand New 8 in. Treemaster conv.
11 passes and the sprag let go.stock junk drum....you know the rest
BOOM.I was on crutches for 6 months....
So I would deal with Dynamic after that...but I will say Ati's converters are good! I have a new 1 in my Turbo 400 behind my 493...

There is another guy here in Maryland that is good with 727's
Ed Knolls can dig up the # if you like.
Also John Richmond is good also...
Just thought I would chime in to let you know on the ATI thing

could you PM me the numbers for the guys in MD?

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 03:14 AM

i have an ati 727 w no issue just freshened other then the band everything else was spot on,,,and i banged that thing around..ati coverter on the other hand looked like a nut was flying around in it..all the fins were dogged.

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 04:47 AM

Dynamic sounds good, thanks. Still open to suggestions.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 05:00 AM

If you can get a ride up to Zoo York City, then look no further than Brooklyn's own Turbo Torque. He builds the best razor sharp 27's and 04's out there with tricks and gadgets that will up stage many major tranny heads.
Very honest, knowledgeable and fast.
Posted By: Otherlane

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/14/11 11:06 PM

I heard from the guy that use to build my trans say ATI doesnt even build 727 they pretty much sublet it out
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/15/11 12:26 AM

Dynamic
Contact Sean Wiley if you get the convert from them they will cut you a deal.

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/15/11 01:21 AM

Quote:

If you can get a ride up to Zoo York City, then look no further than Brooklyn's own Turbo Torque. He builds the best razor sharp 27's and 04's out there with tricks and gadgets that will up stage many major tranny heads.
Very honest, knowledgeable and fast.

u mean curtis! yea he build 1badfish pablo's stuff,look at pablo he needs bars off a foot brake

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/18/11 03:35 PM

Contact Sean at Dynamic and seems really good to work with. Going to go with them. Doing a 727, forward manual valve body, rollerized rear sprag and a couple other things in it.

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/18/11 06:11 PM

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/19/11 05:59 AM

Yeah, Curtis.
He's the man. Hands down.
Posted By: fastcoronet

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/19/11 07:12 PM

go to Ron Campbell on Race road in essex maryland.
this guy is the best and will give you a hard hitting tranny. Lupo ripe me off and took my money.

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/19/11 07:25 PM

Quote:

go to Ron Campbell on Race road in essex maryland.
this guy is the best and will give you a hard hitting tranny. Lupo ripe me off and took my money.

What happened with what you got from them?
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/20/11 06:41 PM

Call John Cope from Cope Racing Transmisions, Buy it have it shiped then send your old core back bolt it up and forget about it, They come with on free freshen up. The best so far for me. And John Is the MAN

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/20/11 07:05 PM

I thought about using cope, but wanted to go with someone local.

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/20/11 08:37 PM

Watch on the shipping
(just keep it clean)

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/20/11 08:39 PM

I don't plan on using him. Shipping is part of the reason, I don't see paying for shipping when there are good builders local.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/20/11 08:39 PM

BGR,but we're not reputable
Posted By: dodge turbo

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/21/11 12:27 AM

Dave Wilson(owner) @ Southern automatic in Eldersburg,Md built mine in my turbo truck goin on 3years now...has a A@A manual valve body in it.

He also built the tranny in my brothers 700hp cummins over 2years ago with no problems, it does have all good billet stuff and a good vavle body

He also stands by all his race stuff too if it ever brakes. He did free labor on my brothers tranny after it broke a output shaft because of a manufactures flaw
Posted By: CRT

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/21/11 04:33 PM

Quote:

Watch Cope on the shipping he overcharges alot

Paul, I charged you $14.68 for shipping. How much did I overcharge you? Plese let me know what you call "alot"
John Cope

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/21/11 05:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Watch Cope on the shipping he overcharges alot

Paul, I charged you $14.68 for shipping. How much did I overcharge you? Plese let me know what you call "alot"
John Cope

Well $14.68 for a part that would of fit in a 2.99 bubble pak seems to be alot even $7.00 would have been ok. Hey it is what it is
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/21/11 06:36 PM

Well $14.68 for a part that would of fit in a 2.99 bubble pak seems to be alot even $7.00 would have been ok. Hey it is what it is

So let me get this straight, your calling the guy out on the internet over $7.00 or something in shipping...after all the money we tie up in these racecars, $7 freakin dollars?!!!!!! Priceless...no wonder Mopar guys are so far behind

Cope does excellent work it seems and tried to go out of his way to help me in a bind before as he has done many others...have a little respect
Posted By: CRT

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/21/11 07:07 PM

lowbudget very well said. Yes I am sure that part would fit in a bubble pack, But even if I was to ship a part that was in a 1"x1"x1" box or a bubble pack , that weighs 1 pound, UPS still has a minimum charge, a fuel surcharge, and an additional charge for shipping to a residential address, which you used. I just want to be clear, that I do not overcharge for shipping, or like in your last post, you said you got "raped" I do my best to ship parts at reasonable prices. The only time you need to watch out for Cope, is if you are lined up next to me on the track.

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/22/11 02:48 AM

Well said!

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/22/11 03:21 AM

sound like the yentas on the long island railroad..lol

Re: Reputable 727 builder in the Northeast - MD/NJ/DE - 02/22/11 03:34 AM

I am sorry you guys are right I should have kept my mouth shut. I know it was only 7 bucks but if everybody I get parts from took an extra 7 it would be alot .I am not being cheap I have no problem dropping a G note on the car. The part I got was good and have no problems and that is all that matters.
© 2024 Moparts Forums