Moparts

{{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}}

Posted By: rickstershemi

{{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 03:39 PM

Got my aluminum dash bezel made up....Dave @ Ultimate Motorsports did the work and fit & finish is perfect....had them make a duplicate of the original w/new gauge layout....Thanks Dave

Thinking of polishing the perimeter and powder-coating the insert w/a satin alum finish & then gloss the whole piece

The gauges are all Marshall, I went with their Mopar Muscle Car design and they rock. The through the dial lighting is incredible and also got the LED dimmer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDjKS1RRsx0

Thinking of putting the Oil Pressure & Water Temp gauges in cups mounted in front of the dash speaker (old school)

Original Bezel

Rickster
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 03:53 PM

Those are pretty neat gauges rick.
How do they cost relative to what's typically out there?
Can the LED color be changed to something else?
I prefer something in a red/blue.

The ones you got look good.

I would definitely powdercoat the bezel black and then wirebrush the perimeter or something.

It pains me to see this car almost complete when I STILL havent even chosen what car I want to use for my motor and trans. Especially since I started building my engine before you even bought this car.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 03:57 PM

Lookin' good, Rick. I'm gonna have to come down and go for a ride in that bad boy.

Tim
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 04:05 PM

I think it is a cool design but that big old weld around the perimeter keeps catching my eye. I would personally have to do something to tone that down. Either grind it to a nice fillet or fill it with body filler to get a nice smooth radius. As far as color, what about silver for the outside panels and paint the center panel the same blue as the dash.
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 04:07 PM

Lookin very nice, gonna be an awesome car when its done
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 04:24 PM

Looks nice,

Id also take a sanding roll on a dremmel, and knock that weld to a nice radious. Shouldnt be too tough, and the thing will still have its brushed look.

Kasey
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 05:34 PM

Lookin good...............I made a similar one for my dart except it`s flat and filled it w/VDO gauges. WAY nicer than the stock plastic stuff.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 06:04 PM

Quote:

Looks nice,

Id also take a sanding roll on a dremmel, and knock that weld to a nice radius. Shouldnt be too tough, and the thing will still have its brushed look.

Kasey

If you were closer to me, I'd prep it and shoot it for ya with automotive paint in the color of your choice. PM me if you're interested and you'll be up near Tampa soon.
Gauges look real nice!
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 06:25 PM

Quote:

Lookin good...............I made a similar one for my dart except it`s flat and filled it w/VDO gauges. WAY nicer than the stock plastic stuff.

Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 06:53 PM

the pics are not working for me?
Posted By: BloFish

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 07:31 PM

Gauges are cool, but that weld should have been on the back side
Posted By: kotacars

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 11:08 PM

Quote:

Got my aluminum dash bezel made up....Dave @ Ultimate Motorsports did the work and fit & finish is perfect....had them make a duplicate of the original w/new gauge layout....Thanks Dave

Thinking of polishing the perimeter and powder-coating the insert w/a satin alum finish & then gloss the whole piece

The gauges are all Marshall, I went with their Mopar Muscle Car design and they rock. The through the dial lighting is incredible and also got the LED dimmer.... :thumb :

I will not sugar coat it that looks like POS what did he charge you for that. If you want to see some nice gauge inserts send me your email.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDjKS1RRsx0

Thinking of putting the Oil Pressure & Water Temp gauges in cups mounted in front of the dash speaker (old school)

Original Bezel

Rickster

Posted By: Kindafast

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/11/11 11:29 PM

The cluster looks good to me. I would grind the welds and and powder coat the housing chrome. It's moving right along for you now. Let's hear the new engine come alive.

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/12/11 12:38 AM

Just walked in the door from a long day on the job......thanks for all the comments.....I actually planned on cleaning up the welds and thanks Dave for the offer

I'm still leaning towards polishing up the perimeter and doing the center in more of a satin finish.....the gauges are amazing and for all 6 including the dimmer & hall effect sensor for the speedo cost $435 to my door.....I hooked up the speedo and as stated before the through the face lighting is unbelievable....has a choice of either white or amber.....I'm going to install a single pole dbl throw switch so I can change the color at will

Hope to fire up the 408 in the near future....still have headers and a ton of other chit to buy c'mon lotto

Rickster

Re: {{{ VALIANT UPDATE - DASH & GAUGES }}} - 02/12/11 04:03 AM

Quote:

Lookin' good, Rick. I'm gonna have to come down and go for a ride in that bad boy.

Tim

When it's done you're more than welcome Tim

Rickster
© 2024 Moparts Forums