Moparts

header coating and prices?

Posted By: 68cuda2003

header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 02:23 AM

Are there any Moparts members that coat headers? If not, who do you recommend? thanks. Ken
Posted By: boomerodell

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 02:57 AM

I actually called jet hot Monday to get a quote. Around $370 for me. 2" primary super comps. Plus they charge extra if they have already been coated. Guess they have to soak them to get it off before they sandblast em. As far as quality I havent seen any of there work. But he said it will be better than the hooker ceramic coating. However I too would be curious if someone on the board did this.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:16 AM

I had my Hookers Jet-Hot coated back in 98 and it cost me $240. Included in that was extra for shipping.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:18 AM

Do they do used headers ? ... just the outside ?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:19 AM

No more Jet Hot for me. Airborne coatings out of Connecticut for me. I'd rather ship my headers from Texas to Connecticut and pay a little more on shipping. The coating is 10X's better and no flaking or discoloring compared to jet hot.
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:26 AM

Quote:

Are there any Moparts members that coat headers? If not, who do you recommend? thanks. Ken

mine are not pritty but not rusted either.i used tech line coatings painting it myself after glass blasting them 15 yrs ago.
Posted By: Charger453

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:26 AM

Quote:

But he said it will be better than the hooker ceramic coating.

I sure hope so.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:38 AM

Quote:

I use QC Coatings to do my headers... in the Detroit area
Posted By: mack

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 03:49 AM

No better service or quality than Nitroplate in Nashville.. Check out their website and give them a call.. They are racers not Mopars but still racers.... Nitroplate.com
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 05:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Their prices and their work is very good.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 05:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

any contact info, I would like to have mine redone.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 06:29 AM

Quote:

No better service or quality than Nitroplate in Nashville.. Check out their website and give them a call.. They are racers not Mopars but still racers.... Nitroplate.com

Great quality and customer service .
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 06:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

any contact info, I would like to have mine redone.

http://www.qccoatings.com/contactus.php
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 08:25 AM

anybody use jet hot?
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 04:00 PM

While I have never used them people just rave about the quality of the work and the level of customer service that Nitroplate provides.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 04:04 PM

Quote:

anybody use jet hot?

Yes, Jet hot did my headers origionally and they did a very good job and it has held up well, I have one tube that I would like to replace a section and have them re coated so I am price shopping, but I am happy with Jet Hot's work.
Posted By: NoFrills

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 05:36 PM

I had jet hot do a set of new super comps about 10 years ago. As soon as I started the engine all of the coating on the bends flaked off. When I called them I was told no problem send them back and we will recoat them. I asked if they could be sent back the next time the engine was out. I was told no problem they have a life time warrenty and the problem was noted on there computer. Two years after I called to tell them I was going to send them back and they said I would have to pay for new coating it was no longer covered. The last set I had done at johnsons powder coating in nj with no problems.
Posted By: 68cuda2003

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 08:18 PM

thanks for all the input thus far. Since no Moparts members have answered up, does anyone know a place closer to Texas?
Posted By: never2ready

Re: header coating and prices? - 01/30/11 09:25 PM

Jet hot did my hemi headers. Used their sterling finish. Very nice. Ran them for 2 summers. Sold car. Looked just as good as the day I put them on. You can buy new headers from them already coated. Would use them again. Wayne
© 2024 Moparts Forums