Moparts

Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions

Posted By: Gary Robbins

Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 02:51 AM

Any shops make a kit for these cars,looks like they would make a nice street car and they can be bought on the cheap...Any board members with one or know of one and could share pictures,combination and ideas would be appreciated,good or bad...Thanks Gary
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 03:40 AM

give-ya-a

I am also interested ..
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 03:56 AM

They made a few for the Daytona FWD cars in the early 90's thru Mopar performance

I don't think that was a good selling product, think it worked ok ??

Even then you had to perform a lot of fab work to set the the back half

Nice looking cars , think the reason they are found cheap is the trans breaks and they are very expensive to fix

Nephew got one cheap and thats what happened to it

IIRC

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 03:07 PM

I guess theres no love for this car,thought it would make a good canidate for a small tire heads-up build...Oh well,i'v got a 70&71 cuda and 70 challenger bodies,just not sure i want to cut one up and they are heavy cars...Always been a e-body anyway,can't figure out how i ended up with 3 a-bodies and 1 b-body anyhow!!!!!!
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 03:13 PM

my buddy is doing a stratus right now but he's car will be a full chasiss car with a 572 big block if you need any info on it i can get you his # if you like mike
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 03:17 PM

Quote:

They made a few for the Daytona FWD cars in the early 90's thru Mopar performance

I don't think that was a good selling product, think it worked ok ??

Even then you had to perform a lot of fab work to set the the back half

Nice looking cars , think the reason they are found cheap is the trans breaks and they are very expensive to fix

Nephew got one cheap and thats what happened to it

IIRC

The kit isnt made anymore by Chrysler and was very
pricey for 3 pieces of tubing and a few mounts...
the kit at the time was $900 for the L body and the
G body... I did a tube chassis for my P body...
I just bought the tubing yesterday to do my Rampage
(which is a L body version) and the moly tubing was $900
I heard there is a guy out there making a kit still
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 03:24 PM

Daytona Conversions - Exline Custom Auto, LLC 0 0 None None http://www.browserdefender.com/getdomain/www.exlinecustomauto.com ... Auto can take your 1984-93 Dodge Daytona, convert it to rear wheel drive and ... Daytona Conversion Parts Pricing List. For complete conversion pricing ...
www.exlinecustomauto.com/Daytona.htm - Cached

this comp. was doing the daytona stuff not sure of the stratus or other cars worth looking into i think he was a member here ...mike
Posted By: theraif

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 09:45 PM

This is a GT car got to have some type of conversions

Attached picture 6427413-chry_side.jpg
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/19/11 11:59 PM

NEAT piece
Posted By: 2QUICK4U

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 01:10 AM

Quote:

This is a GT car got to have some type of conversions

i think that was bob mazolini`s car. he has a shop in cali
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 01:18 AM

I don't think they make them but I'm w/ you an Avenger R/T would make a nice ride w/ a v8 and RWD. Always liked them. I'd guess any fab shop would do it. Or you could try and find a tube car for sale. tear the body off and lay the new shell on it. Buddy has a SB turbo chasis Omni TC3 that started life as a Vega.
Posted By: avenger572

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 01:24 AM

I used an A arm bears performance ft chassic. Was not easy by no means
Best et 8.80@159.92

Attached picture 6427740-Shootout2008(14).JPG

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 01:29 AM

Another Pic

Attached picture 6427750-026.jpg

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 01:42 AM

I also build a 87 daytona, basicly cut the center out of the stock k frame ,made a mount in the ft of the stock k frame for a ft mounted rack was pretty easy actually.This car had an indy headed muscle motors 499 engine, went 9.91@ 140

Attached picture 6427766-629.jpg

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 01:44 AM

This is the best pic I can fine of the K frame

Attached picture 6427772-236.jpg
Posted By: 105630

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 02:14 AM

I'm actually thinking about copying my front sub frame in my avenger and getting all the parts together to sell as kits to do this .My car now has the front frame to where it can be bolted and unbolted from the car ,and the mount that bolts to the stock strut towers but allows for a strange strut to be located to it in the right location and the lower arms and mounts ,just don't know if theirs a market enough to do.this would allow the front to be done with your choice of engine with rack steering and all you would have to do is connect to that and start your back half.

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 03:47 AM

Quote:

I'm actually thinking about copying my front sub frame in my avenger and getting all the parts together to sell as kits to do this .My car now has the front frame to where it can be bolted and unbolted from the car ,and the mount that bolts to the stock strut towers but allows for a strange strut to be located to it in the right location and the lower arms and mounts ,just don't know if theirs a market enough to do.this would allow the front to be done with your choice of engine with rack steering and all you would have to do is connect to that and start your back half.

Finaly, someone who has done this and still has the car.Sounds like you done it right ,pictures and more details iff possible...Is your car a street/race or both car and would you be interested in doing a frontend.You can pm iff you prefer.
Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 04:20 AM

I think thats a very cool platform to use and would love to see more of them out there!
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 06:38 AM

Dare to be different Cowboy......

Attached picture 6428359-RicksPictures004.jpg

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/20/11 06:41 AM

They gotta be a bit slicker than some of the barn doors Mopar designed.

Attached picture 6428360-RicksPictures033.jpg
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/21/11 02:38 AM

We kinda have one, haha. S&W cage, frame rails, ladder bars and brackets. Buying front half from Bear's Performance also, looks like a good piece for reasonable price.

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/21/11 02:45 AM

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/21/11 10:07 AM

Hey Gary, there's one for sale in the Ennis TX area (where the Motorplex is) on Racing Junk.
Posted By: keefe

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/21/11 07:22 PM

Quote:

Best et [Email]8.80@159.92[/Email]

Avenger572 I love your car....
Posted By: STEFF

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/21/11 09:37 PM

I talked to F. J. Smith years ago about a bolt-in front end for an Avenger. He said they can do them, but do not offer them as a standard product, as they do for the Pontiac Grand Am & Cavalier/Sunfire platforms. Those can be gotten as easily as a phone call.

Check it out:

http://www.smithperformance.com/catalogue_ga_sub.html
Posted By: radar

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/22/11 02:42 AM

Dude on here handle NoJoke had a pretty fast avenger. I saw it run at a track rental day two and a half years ago or so. It was in the 8s I think. I saw him this summer and he said he sold it.

I think it was a tube chassis car.

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/22/11 03:42 AM

Quote:

Best et [Email]8.80@159.92[/Email]

Do you happen to remember the measurement of your front end? From hub to hub? I think we have an idea, but afraid I'm gonna put the front wheels too far in or out.
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/22/11 01:26 PM

I've always loved the look ov the 97-2000 Avenger, might even have bought one if it wasn't FWD. It would just seem goofy putting big meats out back when the fronts do the spinning. I think its easily the best looking thing Mopar has made since 1974, except the new Challenger now.

Looked into V8 conversions and thats just WAY more work than i'm willing to do right now.

Funny this thread comes up now though... I'm in the market for a cheapo 4cyl stick car to commute a decent distance. I never even thought ov these cars. They make a 2L 4 in Avengers... Hmmm... Its FWD, but still, Hmmm...

Wonder how light you could get a 4cyl Avenger...

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/22/11 01:29 PM

I'm working today ,i'll measure and post later

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/22/11 07:37 PM

Quote:

I've always loved the look ov the 97-2000 Avenger, might even have bought one if it wasn't FWD. It would just seem goofy putting big meats out back when the fronts do the spinning. I think its easily the best looking thing Mopar has made since 1974, except the new Challenger now.

Looked into V8 conversions and thats just WAY more work than i'm willing to do right now.

Funny this thread comes up now though... I'm in the market for a cheapo 4cyl stick car to commute a decent distance. I never even thought ov these cars. They make a 2L 4 in Avengers... Hmmm... Its FWD, but still, Hmmm...

Wonder how light you could get a 4cyl Avenger...

We've got a spare 2L engine you could have for cheap

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/22/11 07:43 PM

Quote:

I'm working today ,i'll measure and post later

You don't have to go out of your way, just wondering if you remembered off the top of your head.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Avenger/Stratus 2dr V/8 Conversions - 01/23/11 04:58 PM

I drive a 97 Avenger as my daily driver and never thought about the conversion package, but now since it was mentioned I would think a nice 340 auto with rear wheel drive would make a pretty stout car
© 2024 Moparts Forums