Moparts

procharged smallblock

Posted By: Stroker Scamp

procharged smallblock - 01/11/11 02:24 AM

starting to gather ideas on a sb build, where should i begin to look for ideas,on internals of the block, any help with heads would help too
Posted By: Cudahlr

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/11/11 03:09 AM

Talk to Steve Morris and no one else, he's the master

http://www.stevemorrisengines.com/
Posted By: go-fish

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/11/11 05:56 AM

I have a pretty nice engine I put together. It wasn't cheap.

I have a 1971 360 block (up to 1975, I think, are stronger blocks due to high nickel content)

Hughes Engines girdle
Roller lifters/rockers sourced from Hughes
K1 forged 4" crank/rods
Diamond forged pistons custom built for me (I have the serial # so they can be reproduced w/ their program)
Hughes cam (alot like a 5.9 Dak R/T cam but on 114LSA)
Eddy Stage II heads from Hughes
Eddy Super Victor Jr. intake.
Melling HV pump
Eddy high flow water pump
MSD Pro Billet dist.
MSD 8mm wires
Cometic Gaskets

Good for 650 hp and 589 lb/ft torque at Southland Performance in Gray, LA. It looks like they are Southland Speed now.

I can look up the dyno sheet somewhere I'm sure. It could do even better but it's right where I want it. Definitely could reach the limits of the stock block really easily. I wouldn't do this with a non-"high nickel" block. I would love to do the same thing but a 416" with a 340 resto block.

Oh, D1-SC kit was from the Supercharger Store.
Posted By: blown340

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/11/11 07:14 AM

My procharged 340 has been together since 1998 and runs great still with a ton of miles on it. In terms of what mods are needed you need to tell us more about your goals. If your going to try for a mild 600hp street motor its really easy, but if you have aspirations of a 1000hp terror a ton more is needed.

-Jon

Attached picture 6410492-blown340.jpg
Posted By: rick55

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/11/11 03:46 PM

Quote:

Even if you don't go with his services, Steve is more than willing to tell you what works and what doesn't. He is a very stand up guy, and more than willing to help. Plus, he is The Master when it comes to Procharger engines.
Also, my son works for him.
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/12/11 03:16 PM

Quote:

I agree,He is awesome to work with and takes the time to make sure its done right.

Posted By: W5Dart378

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/13/11 08:46 PM

I'm currently working on brackets to mount a reverse rotation F1r on an X block. If anyone is intrested let me know.
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/14/11 12:37 AM

Steve Morris does'nt work @ Steve Morris Racing Engines anymore... I know it's odd his name is on business he is no longer affiliated with but... just FYI you won't get ahold of him there. Last I knew he was @ New Era Race Craft, but I think I may have read he bounced around again after that but not sure.

But that being said, there are lot's of people/places that can build a good ProCharger motor/give you good advice. Getting camshaft right is really biggest hurdle, the rest is pretty straight forward. As far as the actual engine goes....It's just a blower motor...

Mounting/packaging the Procharger is much more difficult than building good motor for it.

& if you're gonna do blow through carb, I'd head over to http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php

& read up in the blow through section.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/14/11 12:45 AM

Quote:

& if you're gonna do blow through carb, I'd head over to http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php

For blow thru carbs there really is only 2 choices C&S OR CSU

http://www.candsspecialties.com/

http://www.csucarbs.com/
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/14/11 06:19 AM

hmmm, i guess i will throw my prosytems on e in the trash
Posted By: rick55

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/14/11 02:54 PM

Quote:

Steve Morris does'nt work @ Steve Morris Racing Engines anymore... I know it's odd his name is on business he is no longer affiliated with but... just FYI you won't get ahold of him there. Last I knew he was @ New Era Race Craft, but I think I may have read he bounced around again after that but not sure.

But that being said, there are lot's of people/places that can build a good ProCharger motor/give you good advice. Getting camshaft right is really biggest hurdle, the rest is pretty straight forward. As far as the actual engine goes....It's just a blower motor...

Mounting/packaging the Procharger is much more difficult than building good motor for it.

Steve Morris Race Engines no longer goes by that, they are now SMRE and no affiliation to Steve Morris. Steve's shop is at www.stevemorrisengines.com. He still has some affiliation with New Era Racecraft but because of space limitations at NER has opened his own shop. My son works for Steve.
Posted By: XLR8S U

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/18/11 11:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

For blow thru carbs there really is only 2 choices C&S OR CSU

http://www.candsspecialties.com/

http://www.csucarbs.com/

don't forget, the Carb Shop can hook you up with a carburetor, and they are also a ProCharger dealer too. and supercharger store sells the kits.
Posted By: madmoparmike

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 01:10 AM

I’m in the same boat but a bit further ahead. I’ve built and r3 block 420ci small block with indabrock heads. I have a msd blaster efi with fuel system and everything to run it.
I bought a F2 standard rotation procharger, used that was on a LS 1. It came with BOV, and some chevy 3 bolt cogs. I’m a bit lost in how to put this on the small dodge in terms of bracket, harmonic dampener, cogs any anything else needed to run it ? is anyone running one on a small dodge ?
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 02:37 AM

I'm currently putting a F1R on a small block mopar. It was a kit that places the procharger on the passenger side. I believe that you can get brackets from Steve Morris for a small block. Another good site for info is Yellow Bullet. My kit was from SD Concept Engineering.

Attached picture 6426131-IMG_0002_2.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 02:41 AM

Heres a pic of the I/C

Attached picture 6426145-IMG_0003_4.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 02:53 AM

Quote:

I'm currently putting a F1R on a small block mopar. It was a kit that places the procharger on the passenger side. My kit was from SD Concept Engineering.

More info please!

Im doing the same thing in a 68 barracuda, and using a Sd bracket as well

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 04:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm currently putting a F1R on a small block mopar. It was a kit that places the procharger on the passenger side. My kit was from SD Concept Engineering.

More info please!

Let me know what you want, I'll tell you whatever I know. It might not be right but I'm new to this also.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 08:15 AM

do they give you specs on how much HP it takes to drive the procharger

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 01:13 PM

This shows what procharger recommends that the motors make N/A for each blower
http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/19/11 01:26 PM

My motor is a 360 R3, K-1 4" stroke crank, ross pistons, not sure on the rods at the moment. Ported Indy 360-1 heads and intake, roller cam, and blow through carb. I'm having Chuck Lofgren build it so he's got the parts picked out I just don't remember some stuff off hand. Going to run a MSD 7535 box so I can pull timing with boost. Probably going to get the cam from Steve Morris and probably a new carb hat from Extreme Volocity or Morris. I'm wondering now on the Indy intake,, becuase its so tall, thinking about a single plane Mopar intake or Edelbrock intake. Mostly for packaging but if its going to cost a bunch of power I'll just get a new hood.
Posted By: madmoparmike

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/20/11 12:00 AM

thanks for posting my question for you is what all did you you get from SD concepts? what harmonic dampener are you running?
how much did this stuff cost?
i am looking for a package that i know will work and i dont have to go threw the R&D

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/20/11 02:57 AM

Quote:

thanks for posting my question for you is what all did you you get from SD concepts? what harmonic dampener are you running?
how much did this stuff cost?
i am looking for a package that i know will work and i dont have to go threw the R&D

I bought the complete kit from them, it was a used one that one of their customers had and decided to upgrade, so it had all the brackets. The bottom pully is a billet piece that is designed for a ATI dampner and has two grooves for the alt. belt. One thing to think on is how you're going to package it. My set-up is on the passenger side, others are on the drivers. Not saying one is better then the other but they both have pluses and/or minuses.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/21/11 02:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

More info please!

Let me know what you want, I'll tell you whatever I know. It might not be right but I'm new to this also.

Im looking for more pics if you have them, maybe of the pipe routing and intercooler mounting?

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/15/11 01:55 AM

Quote:

I'm currently putting a F1R on a small block mopar. It was a kit that places the procharger on the passenger side. I believe that you can get brackets from Steve Morris for a small block. Another good site for info is Yellow Bullet. My kit was from SD Concept Engineering.

Any updates on your build?

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/15/11 12:21 PM

A little bit. I oredered the cam, carb, hat, and meth injection from Morris a few weeks ago, still wating on the meth kit. The cam should be showing up at the engine builder this week or next. He ordered the top end last week from Indy. He's waiting on the pistons and dampner so he can balance the rotating assembly. I've been working on my car quite a bit but its all little stuff, mounting the fuel pump, figuring out where I want to run the lines, mounted a trans cooler in the rear of the car, made a new support that goes from the hood latch down to just below the rad. Trying to figure out how to get the electronics placed inside and wired to look decent. Sent my procharger in to Procharger and had them go trough it and make sure everything is good, mostly for piece of mind. Got the rad mounted and more cage put in the car, it'll cert to 8.50 now.

Attached picture 6530994-IMG_0551.JPG

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/15/11 12:33 PM

Seems that I'm not smart enough to post pics yet today

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/15/11 12:35 PM

Cudahlr,

Hows yours coming?
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/16/11 12:11 AM

Quote:

Seems that I'm not smart enough to post pics yet today

sometimes its just moparts somehow forgeting the upload, i usualy use a host like photobucket and then just link the pic with the imagecode shown under the pic, im a pc for dummies kind of guy but it works pretty good and is easy if you want to be able to acces the pic from somewhere else or just link it to multiple sites:)

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/16/11 01:00 AM

maybe this will work??
There is about 1/2" between the rad and the brace, can't relly see that here.

Attached picture 6531982-IMG_0003_5.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/16/11 01:03 AM

Attached picture 6531987-IMG_0001_10.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/16/11 01:04 AM

Attached picture 6531988-IMG_0002_7.jpg
Posted By: feets

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/16/11 05:10 AM

New cars pack stuff much tighter than that. As long as nothing moves you should be fine.

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/17/11 12:48 AM

Quote:

Cudahlr,

Hows yours coming?

Not as good as I hoped, work slowed down a bit here so it's taking a bit longer, I got a few more pieces, like the C&S carb, fuel pump, and the intercooler. And I have all the pipe routing and mounting locations figured out

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/17/11 01:15 AM

What intake are going to run on yours?

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/17/11 01:20 AM

Quote:

Either the M-1 that I have, or a super victor.
Posted By: go-fish

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/17/11 06:02 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Either the M-1 that I have, or a super victor.

The Super Vic is what I have. It really breathes.
Posted By: BobR

Re: procharged smallblock - 03/18/11 04:13 PM

Quote:

starting to gather ideas on a sb build, where should i begin to look for ideas,on internals of the block, any help with heads would help too

Are you interested in SB Ford power? I know of a motor that went 6.67/212 with a 135 that is priced to sell.

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/26/11 05:54 AM

anyone running a F2?
Posted By: joshking440

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/26/11 02:42 PM

Guys, the biggest mistake you can make is to just talk to one guy because someone thinks they are the best. The other HUGE mistake I made during my turbo build was over thinking every aspect of the build. Do good research and listen to everyone. You will slowly figure out who REALLY knows what they are talking about. They are usually the ones that make you work for teh information and they dont just blabber on about what they know

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/27/11 02:02 AM

Quote:

Guys, the biggest mistake you can make is to just talk to one guy because someone thinks they are the best. The other HUGE mistake I made during my turbo build was over thinking every aspect of the build. Do good research and listen to everyone. You will slowly figure out who REALLY knows what they are talking about. They are usually the ones that make you work for teh information and they dont just blabber on about what they know

I fully agree!

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/01/11 06:45 AM

so anyone have any updates? im leaning for a big cid small block w8 heads and a procharger,,someday
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/01/11 03:48 PM

Quote:

so anyone have any updates? im leaning for a big cid small block w8 heads and a procharger,,someday

Hard to do. Chambers in w-8 heads very small, can't get compresion low enough to make it work. Now if you go with smaller cubes you can do it say around 350-360 in.
Posted By: mopar396

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/03/11 02:35 PM

Heres one with w8 heads
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/03/11 11:44 PM

Quote:

Heres one with w8 heads

Wow, looks the business

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/07/11 06:50 AM

Quote:

Heres one with w8 heads

got any more specs on the motor combo?

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/08/11 11:26 AM

Heres some specs:
R3 block
W8 heads
Mopar billet crank 3.5
Carrillo rods 6.2
Ross 8.8:1 cr
Steve Morris cam
aerosoll billet C&S E-85
F3R procharger
Rossler PG
Strange 9" with 4.29 with M/T 16.5x33
SFI 25.4 full tube chassis

Car is new so i have just some test drive in local street races
Posted By: Dragula

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/08/11 06:31 PM

Quote:

Heres some specs:
R3 block
W8 heads
Mopar billet crank 3.5
Carrillo rods 6.2
Ross 8.8:1 cr
Steve Morris cam
aerosoll billet C&S E-85
F3R procharger
Rossler PG
Strange 9" with 4.29 with M/T 16.5x33
SFI 25.4 full tube chassis

Car is new so i have just some test drive in local street races

Totally awesome, who made the procharger mount system, was it SMRE? I want a set-up like that for a mild small block with an F1R...Or even a 5.7 hemi with an F1R and that style of mount...

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/08/11 11:37 PM

Sorry my friend made this he is working cnc machining so this plate is own design

btw: here is first test drives low boost airport with 20$ rear tires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWzFGdea_b0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vttoz8qva0&feature=related

And thanks for intrest

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/09/11 04:38 AM

Awesome, what thickness alum for the front bracket, and what thickness for the motor plate?

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/09/11 01:00 PM

Blower plate is .787" and engine plates(front and rear) are.315"

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/09/11 03:09 PM

Quote:

Just a work of art. How did you do the belt tensioner, can't see it in the pics?

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/09/11 05:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Just a work of art. How did you do the belt tensioner, can't see it in the pics?

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/09/11 06:00 PM

nice thanks for the info
Posted By: fishy340

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/10/11 12:00 AM

man i wish i had a bud w a cnc machine for that kinda stuff..car is sweet
Posted By: SILVER67

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/23/11 04:42 AM

Anyone have actual dimensions of the Procharger air to air intercooler?

Michael

Re: procharged smallblock - 09/05/11 11:24 AM

And on the eight pass of the car:

7.925@174

Posted By: Georg

Re: procharged smallblock - 09/05/11 07:05 PM

Quote:

[Email]7.925@174[/Email]

Congrats! Your car is real badass! What is your motor RPM redline and approx. hp/torque?

Re: procharged smallblock - 09/06/11 10:45 AM

Thanks Georg
Leaving at 3500 second gear at 8100 at the finish line 8300

Still much tuning with the car
hp/tq numbers
Posted By: mafo

Re: procharged smallblock - 09/06/11 12:47 PM

3500???
congrats on your new best

Re: procharged smallblock - 09/06/11 10:24 PM

Quote:

[Email]7.925@174[/Email]

Wow, but going to need a vid to back up the claim....

Re: procharged smallblock - 09/07/11 07:13 AM

Starting at 00:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MLZ4oEDa0

http://www.kuvia.1g.fi/kuvat/Tapahtumat+2011/FHRA/DefaFinals2011/MOP_1414.jpg
Posted By: DusterDj

Re: procharged smallblock - 10/23/11 09:17 AM

Quote:

Starting at 00:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9MLZ4oEDa0

http://www.kuvia.1g.fi/kuvat/Tapahtumat+2011/FHRA/DefaFinals2011/MOP_1414.jpg

Nice Ride....

Re: procharged smallblock - 10/25/11 11:34 AM

Thanks

Re: procharged smallblock - 11/24/11 07:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks

any more passes? how is it going?

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 12:28 AM

I finally got to dyno my motor yesterday. Its a 408 with Indy 360-1 heads, blow thru carb, and a F1R on race gas. With my small tune, 12.2 pounds of boost it made 719 [Email]trq@6700[/Email] rpm and 1004.3 hp @ 7500. With my other set-up it made 865trq @ 6200 and 1086.8 hp @ 7000. We were having some problems at the end with it going lean so we shut it down early. I'm extremely happy with it, now to get it in the car
Posted By: fishy340

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 12:33 AM

awesome thats the route im going with my next build,didn't have the cashish this time around.
Posted By: BPE

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 02:41 AM

I haven't followed your build since they whacked the forced induction secton. Could you elaborate on the rotating assembly. Looks like an awesome build!

Rod
Posted By: Clanton

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 03:50 AM

GOOD JOB!

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 06:08 AM

wondered where this post went, good numbers on the dyno

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 01:09 PM

It has a R3 Block, custom Ross pistons, K1 rods, a K1 4" stroke crank, and a roller cam from Steve Morris. The compression is 9.0 to one.

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 03:43 PM

Nice numbers
Posted By: Clanton

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 05:15 PM

what do you think you need to tune on it maybe fuel reg psi,pump,carbs adjust?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 05:22 PM

Quote:

Heres one with w8 heads

what's that car run?
Posted By: W8n2DustU

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/22/11 10:00 PM

I have exactly what you need. An all aluminum W8 motor which went 5.21@140 in my 3300# Duster. I have 30k in it and will let it go for alot less. Only one pass since freshened.

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/23/11 03:57 AM

I think that the carb needs to upgraded to dual needle and seats. I could be wrong but that seems to be what I'm leaning towards from talking to people. The fuel pressure was good and it went up as the boost went up. I'll probably upgrade to a crank trigger also, just so the spark is more stable at higher rpm. Nothing to serious really.

Re: procharged smallblock - 12/23/11 05:44 PM

Hi The car have about 8 pass(chassis and all)and still have small problems(electrical) and the transmission(pg) melted on the last pass of the season
Best et was [Email]7.92@174[/Email] and i lifted once in that pass
Thanks Kenneth

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/01/12 05:12 AM

updates anyone??

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/05/12 01:50 AM

Quote:

updates anyone??

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/22/13 06:20 AM

OK darn near a year anyone have any updates??

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/22/13 02:45 PM

Quote:

OK darn near a year anyone have any updates??

LOL. Ok, I got mine in my car and got to run it two weekends this year (stupid new job). The best so far was 9.29 @ 147. Car weighs 3550 with me in it. Trying to get it to launch with the drag radials is a pain. I think it'll run in the 8's this year. I'm changing the pulley set-up over to a cog system and changing some front end stuff this winter. I found one cylinder full of ant freeze yesterday , not sure what happened there?? I'll have to check the head today see if its warped, the head gasket looked good but..?

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/22/13 04:41 PM

Last summer best was 4.94/147 with pump e85 carb no coolers and converter was way too tight

Heres couple videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPtBGip9hNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgqG9c23aY

Now coming
Air to water cooler, holley dominator efi and new converter

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/22/13 09:32 PM

^^^^ that's awesome^^^^

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/23/13 08:18 AM

Quote:

Last summer best was 4.94/147 with pump e85 carb no coolers and converter was way too tight

Heres couple videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPtBGip9hNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsgqG9c23aY

Now coming
Air to water cooler, holley dominator efi and new converter

now thats what im talkin bout!!!
Posted By: 1000+sbm

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/24/13 12:53 AM

I am new to the post. I also have a story to tell.

Attached picture 7558916-IMG_20120629_102454.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/24/13 02:10 AM

^^^ Looks very nice. Specs?^^^
Posted By: mshred

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/24/13 02:40 AM

Quote:

I am new to the post. I also have a story to tell.

Care to share the story??
Posted By: mshred

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/24/13 02:42 AM

Also, just wondering who packages kits for our mopars other then the supercharger store? I thought I also read of guys using Chevy brackets that are modified, buying the blower, and then just some miscellaneous tubing to save on cash....I have never had much luck finding "kits" for superchargers or turbos for old moaprs
Posted By: Crizila

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/24/13 02:55 AM

10.50 @ 128. Plenty left to tap

Attached picture 7559070-10.50.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/24/13 02:57 AM

motor

Attached picture 7559074-blrmtr3.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/25/13 12:59 AM

Quote:

motor

what size is that and how was the install?

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/25/13 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

motor

what size is that and how was the install?

Blower is a DSC-1. Once I switched over to manual steering and brakes, it was a bolt in. I did have to modify the crank pulley ( cut of the outer belt groove - think it was for an A/C unit )so it would clear my fan shroud. Running a 4" blower pulley and around 12-15 lbs boost. The 3.7" pulley will up it to around 25psi boost.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 01:25 AM

i started out wanted a 600hp street car. i also wanted to do it off pump gas. i was told that it could be done but had to watch out for spark knock. so some fds of mind said go with turbo or super charger. to me that is big $ stuff which i didnt have at the time. so about two months pas and i came up with some big $. so i was thinking twin turbo just for bragging rites. i got in touch with a company in New Jersey which i wont call any names (pos) that sells a twin turbo kit for abody. with haveing a little money at the time i said the hell with 600hp lets go for 900hp. i filled out the spec sheet of what i had heads, crank, block, ect. so the kit came to around $8500. i said cool, but i wanted to but my internal parts form some where else, they didnt like that. i said to them im spending $8500 with you but all i ask you is to scep my cam tell what compression i need. after that i never heard from those fker again. so a good buddy Dal from AZ said i should try the super charger store. BINGO Before i spend a dime and two of putting up with my questions. Bob took my info and stuff i had to work with. and told me work it would take to reach my goal. he work me up an F1 kit with AC. he told me what compression, cam spacs, ect, i needed to know. without getting up set that im buying the other stuff from some one else. 1971 340 block, 3.79 crank, 9:1 ross piston, eagle H beam rods, 580 589 com soild rollor cam, Batten w2 heads 2.08int 1.62ext valves, indy 360-1 intake, norris 1.6 rocker arms. we got the motor together sping of 2012. BTW the guy that did my head work screwed me royally (fking chevy guy). we started the motor up on a started up stand before i shiped it out to be dyno. that got me a hard on. had one leak we fix it and shiped it out to be dyno. i live is SC and i shiped it out to AZ to be dyno why is because that is where the super charger is and there dyno guy. me and the wife flew out. i went to watch the dyno she went to have fun. once the dyno started after a few short pulls, they notice wrong. so they well lets try one good pull. we try and she ran like dog crap we shut her down at 5100rmps. the power was not there. they play with her do she wont do rite of hell. they decided to take the valve covers off, oh [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]! we found 3 bent pushrods, to vales wasnt opening, blowin head gasket, it all come from my head guy put to heavy spings on my heads!!!!!!! it started affecting my motor back when we started it up on the start up stand. so now im broke now and my motor is apart awaiting to be put back together. i will post the dyno sheet, when you see the numbers just remember what all was wrong with her.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 01:28 AM

Here is the Dyno sheet.

Attached picture 7561305-IMG_20120818_075159.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 01:35 AM

here are some flow numbers of my battens

Attached picture 7561313-sf499.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 01:58 AM

How much boost were you making at those #'s? Once you get it sorted out it'll be a monster . You should pm me who you dealt with out east, I think I may have dealt with them also. What are you going to put it in? Are you running an I/c or meth injection?

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 05:49 PM

With the valves not opening and some not file open. It gave false boost reading. But it was show around 20pob. And that was one of things to let us know something was wrong. I am going to put it in my 71 demon. With a 833 4sd which I'm hearing that's not going to hold up. But I always wanted a 4sd. muscle car.

Attached picture 7562081-IMG_20120205_123844.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 05:55 PM

This is pics of her being taken aapart on The Dyno.

Attached picture 7562088-IMG_20120725_133927.jpg
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 06:53 PM

Quote:

580 589 com soild rollor cam, Batten w2 heads 2.08int 1.62ext valves, indy 360-1 intake, norris 1.6 rocker arms. once the dyno started after a few short pulls, they notice wrong. so they well lets try one good pull. we try and she ran like dog crap we shut her down at 5100rmps. the power was not there. they play with her do she wont do rite of hell. they decided to take the valve covers off, we found 3 bent pushrods, to vales wasnt opening, blowin head gasket, it all come from my head guy put to heavy spings on my heads!!!!!!!

How much spring pressure were you running? I don't think you have enough room to over spring it.
Coil bind maybe?
What pushrods were you running?
I would be curious what the guide clearence was.
Why did they not shut it off right away and pull a valve cover?

I seriously doubt all of this happened from to much valve spring pressure

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 08:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

580 589 com soild rollor cam, Batten w2 heads 2.08int 1.62ext valves, indy 360-1 intake, norris 1.6 rocker arms. once the dyno started after a few short pulls, they notice wrong. so they well lets try one good pull. we try and she ran like dog crap we shut her down at 5100rmps. the power was not there. they play with her do she wont do rite of hell. they decided to take the valve covers off, we found 3 bent pushrods, to vales wasnt opening, blowin head gasket, it all come from my head guy put to heavy spings on my heads!!!!!!!

How much spring pressure were you running? I don't think you have enough room to over spring it.
Coil bind maybe?
What pushrods were you running?
I would be curious what the guide clearence was.
Why did they not shut it off right away and pull a valve cover?

I seriously doubt all of this happened from to much valve spring pressure

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/26/13 10:44 PM

Don't quto me, but im thinking that the springs was 265 close and over 700 open. I had the 5/16 indy pushrods. I told my head guy that i wanted a spring to be no more than 200 close. But he did something different, as i found out in the dyno shopwhen they took her apart. So springs was to hevy fir the pushrods which bent. Which didnt open the valves all the way. Which read false boost. That also blow an head gasket which the hugh boost level in the cylinder that the valves wasnt opening.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 02:58 PM

I notice on your blow off valve you have some type of filter. What is it and where did you get it from? Tks

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 03:02 PM

I'm running a 2 stage water injection. Design by Thesuperchargerstore.

Attached picture 7563092-IMG_20120629_102405.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 05:03 PM

Quote:

I notice on your blow off valve you have some type of filter. What is it and where did you get it from? Tks

Got it at the local parts store, but decided not to use it as I thought it might be too restrictive. Went with just a directional pipe per pic.

Attached picture 7563259-blowoffvalve.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 05:14 PM

Quote:

I'm running a 2 stage water injection. Design by Thesuperchargerstore.

I went with a fulley adjustable "Snow" system. Injects on the boost side ( plate under carb). 3 different nozzle sizes. Adjustment for "turn on" boost and for full flow at max boost. In pic, bottle is at left front. Controller is on firewall just to the right of the right valve cover. Pump is to the right of the controller on the firewall.

Attached picture 7563275-blrmtr1.jpg

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 10:10 PM

How long have you had your car together.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 10:59 PM

Quote:

How long have you had your car together.

With the blower motor, about 6 months. Still doing a lot of sorting out - with the motor and the car.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/27/13 11:13 PM

How do you like having a procharger? Hopefully you will tell me something to look forward to.

Re: procharged smallblock - 01/28/13 12:27 AM

Quote:

How do you like having a procharger? Hopefully you will tell me something to look forward to.

The power is awesome - and immediate. Big learning curve for me as I have only had NA motors in the past. So far my mistakes haven't cost me big $. Struggling to get back to reliability / repeatability - through no fault of the blower. When I get it right, it will run easy mid 10's with a 4" blower pulley and shoud be in the low 10's with a 3.7" blower pulley.

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/20/13 09:45 AM

First race with holley dominator efi
Runner up and personal best 7.604@175
in 1/8 4.88@150

http://jeemu.kuvat.fi/#/kuvat/Kilipailuja/2013/FHRA+Spring+Nationals+/Sunday/JEE_76911.JPG

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/20/13 12:51 PM

That's moving, congrats.

Re: procharged smallblock - 05/21/13 03:29 AM

awesome

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/08/13 04:35 PM

New best 7.43/173

http://kuvia.1g.fi/kuvat/Tapahtumat+2013/FHRA/NitroNationals/Friday/MOP_9152.jpg

http://kuvia.1g.fi/kuvat/Tapahtumat+2013/FHRA/NitroNationals/Friday/MOP_9157.jpg
Posted By: mafo

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/08/13 05:10 PM

starts to look good

Re: procharged smallblock - 02/18/14 08:53 AM

Hi any new procharger projects?

i am building new chassi for 6s cert
here is video from last season we had only 7.5s chassi and i did get warning running too fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIrrhE6Y3RU

And engine is get new rotating assembly
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: procharged smallblock - 02/18/14 03:21 PM

Looks FAST!!!

Re: procharged smallblock - 02/26/14 08:22 AM

on my wish list still
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: procharged smallblock - 02/27/14 07:04 AM

We built this one last year https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post7759753

Finally made 750HP out of her. Lots of work making these engines live on pump gas AND 15psi of boost!
Brian

Re: procharged smallblock - 06/16/14 03:35 AM

Quote:

We built this one last year https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post7759753

Finally made 750HP out of her. Lots of work making these engines live on pump gas AND 15psi of boost!
Brian

Brian,
build any more of these lately?

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/22/14 05:23 PM

Hi Dart got new chassis and its working good

Here is some video from summer nats and we got win
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=144...e=2&theater
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/22/14 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Brian

Brian,
build any more of these lately?

I did a 392 stroker 318 for a guy in San Diego, mild build made 650HP on 10psi pump gas.

I'm building another one right now but waiting on the customer to supply heads...should also make 650 on pump gas.
Brian
Posted By: SpareParts

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/22/14 07:09 PM

I realize this isn't a classified ad but it's on subject. I've got a small block procharger bracket from SDCE, I'll sell it if anyone needs one, I decided to leave the nitrous on the car

Re: procharged smallblock - 07/22/14 07:35 PM

Run from several weeks ago. boost and A/F ratio gauge. http://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/FILE0027
© 2024 Moparts Forums