Moparts

Comp 829 roller lifter-Oil soak before spring?

Posted By: torkrules

Comp 829 roller lifter-Oil soak before spring? - 01/02/11 11:13 PM

For you guys with non-pressure fed roller lifters. Do you guys soak them in oil after winter storage before start up or does pre-oiling and remaining oil cover it?

Mines a street only piece with 3000K on them so far. I haven't seen anything that would indicate they need a check, but it has been sitting since Nov and won't be re-started until mid-late April.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Comp 829 roller lifter-Oil soak before spring? - 01/03/11 12:34 AM

Did you do any "winterizing before parking it? Either way pulling the distributor and priming the oil system and then turning the motor over, with the spark plugs removed, on the starter while priming it can't hurt
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Comp 829 roller lifter-Oil soak before spring? - 01/03/11 12:46 AM

Quote:

Did you do any "winterizing before parking it? Either way pulling the distributor and priming the oil system and then turning the motor over, with the spark plugs removed, on the starter while priming it can't hurt

Only winterizing I did was to pull the plugs and spray some storage oil down the cylinders. 50/50 mix of anti freeze in a dry and relatively warm (doesn't get bellow 32 degrees).

Don't want to pull the intake unless it's necessary.
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Comp 829 roller lifter-Oil soak before spring? - 01/03/11 02:21 AM

Aren't you firing it up once in a while John? Give me a call this week, I'm back staring tomorrow.
Steve
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Comp 829 roller lifter-Oil soak before spring? - 01/03/11 02:25 AM

Dont worry about them. They would need less oil than a standard lifter, seeing how they a re needle bearing style.
Is the lifters bushed? Just prime the engine in the spring
© 2024 Moparts Forums