Moparts

NEW MP sheet metal valve covers

Posted By: racerAL

NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:21 AM

kinda a x-mas present to myself...i didn't really need them but i thought they were pretty cool..i checked the part # at work and they showed 39 sets in my secondary warehouse, so i thought i better nab a set before the first batch was gone and MP put them on back order. they have a wrinkled finish and seem to be of good quality.(although i haven't set them on a head yet).
[image][/image]
[image][/image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:32 AM

The covers look good but I thought this was the logo that was suppose to be on them

Posted By: 2QUICK4U

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:33 AM

lookin good.are they powdeed coated?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:38 AM

Wow that a nice lookin cover for a BB

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:42 AM

they have them for sb also Raff...
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:50 AM

Yes They look really good

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:54 AM

Quote:

lookin good.are they powdeed coated?

..i wanta say yes they are but i'm not 100% sure...the MP catalog doesn't say..they appear to have a small amount of overspray on the inside that leads me to believe they are painted but the finish feels more like a coating.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 12:56 AM

Quote:

Thats alright I have 2 sets that I milled the logo
off of... looks like this

Attached picture 6379457-W9_4.jpg
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 06:09 AM

I stopped in the other day where Allen works and he showed them to me. They are sweet. Allen, we need pics of them on the bullet. beep
Posted By: jimmysarrow

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 04:04 PM

WHAT IS THE PART NUMBER AND PRICE AND IS THE VALVE COVER FLAT ON THE BOTTOM LIKE INDYS? THEY LOOK NICE.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 06:05 PM

MP #P5155526...suggested list price is $320..i couldn't find them on Jegs' website, not sure if they are carrying them yet or not ??..if your interested in a set i could prolly save you a few $.
and yes the bottom is machined flat..it looks to me like there should be no problem getting them to seal.

Attached picture 6380587-16-102.JPG
Posted By: chryco

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 07:15 PM

Quote:

kinda a x-mas present to myself...i didn't really need them but i thought they were pretty cool..i checked the part # at work and they showed 39 sets in my secondary warehouse, so i thought i better nab a set before the first batch was gone and MP put them on back order. they have a wrinkled finish and seem to be of good quality.(although i haven't set them on a head yet).
[image][/image]
[image][/image]

Nice .....BUT ............
HOW`S THE FIT THOUGH ?????????????
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 07:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thats alright I have 2 sets that I milled the logo
off of... looks like this

NICE headers!!!!

Kasey

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 09:05 PM

Nice .....BUT ............
HOW`S THE FIT THOUGH ?????????????

...my heads off the car are at the machine shop. but i set them on a set of bare castings i have and they look to fit fine.

Attached picture 6380927-IMG_2959.jpg
Posted By: chryco

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/27/10 11:50 PM

Awesome !

Attached picture 6381185-IMG_6879a.jpg
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/28/10 12:08 AM

Id like em better with the old school Direct connected decal in them rather than the Mopar.

But thats me. I LOVE my old reverse lipped set like Mr Ps set.

KAsey
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/30/10 12:36 AM

Can someone tell me if these will clear Harland Sharps on a set of Lil EZ Indy Heads? I love them!

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/30/10 04:04 AM

i can't tell ya for sure rather they will clear HS rockers..but i would be happy to measure the inside of the cover for you(if that would do any good ??)..i could also prolly get a better pic of the inside of the cover if you think that would help....let me know

Attached picture 6385508-16-140.JPG

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/30/10 12:01 PM

Yes sir, please do! I would be VERY interested in these if they will fit. Thank you very much
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/30/10 12:24 PM

Thanks for the info Al.

Any comments on the breather ? Looks to be a "push" on style,,,as opposed to a screw on style ?
Posted By: DaKuda

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/30/10 02:46 PM

Am I missing something....they look just like the chinese ones sold on Ebay for years for $99. I could be wrong...
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/30/10 03:51 PM

Not being negative, but these are the same as Procomp or 440 Source (see my sig)with powder coating and a sticker, and they're selling for 3x as much? Good ol' Mopar!

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 01:43 AM

Quote:

Yes sir, please do! I would be VERY interested in these if they will fit. Thank you very much

...my pleasure, heres a few more pics...hope they help. i get them to measure right at 3 inches deep(at the deepest) and 2.5 inches deep at the baffle.
and as far as them being made overseas..well i can't say for sure either way because there is no info on them anywhere.?? just nicely wrapped in a white box with no stamping of any sort, so i suppose they could be the same as pro-comp or source. but i can say that the bolt holes line up perfectly, compared to my el-cheapo set i'm using now that i paid $100 for, that i had to open every hole just to get them to line up.
also they are not just powdercoated with a MOPAR sticker on them...these covers have a textured finish and the MOPAR is actually the original surface of the cover...they masked it off before they coated them then then removed the masking...you can feel the difference.. goes from smooth to textured over the logo.
i posted these just to show that ma'MOPAR is at least trying to bring out something a little different and be more modern...and they still get bashed. ...if ya don't like them don't buy them makes no difference to me. i thought that they were cool so i bought them.
[image][/image]
[image][/image]
[image][/image]

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 01:48 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info Al.

Any comments on the breather ? Looks to be a "push" on style,,,as opposed to a screw on style ?

hi ya Doug..the breathers are push in style and they come with 2 diff grommets...1 for a breather and 1 that appears to be for a pcv.
[image][/image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 02:00 AM

They look good to me.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 02:05 AM

They look nice to me!
Posted By: moprod

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 04:30 AM

It's too bad we (Mopar People) are so limited in valve covers for SB & BB Mopar engines. Just not enough offereings compared to other makes.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 03:18 PM

So where is a good place to buy these? I got my 2011 Mopar Performance catalog from the local dealership when I was getting my SRT8 Chally serviced. They wanted to charger me 7 bucks, but I reminded them I bought a 42G car, so I got it free. Lol. These valve covers are in there catalog. Just don't know how much the dealership would mark them up.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 03:51 PM

pm sent...
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 03:51 PM

guess I am the only one who is not in love with them looks like cheap chinese fab covers with a powder coating and a mopar graph on them.
Posted By: Hot 340

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 04:01 PM

Quote:

guess I am the only one who is not in love with them looks like cheap chinese fab covers with a powder coating and a mopar graph on them.

No you are not the only one. They look like dog poo.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't say that just not my bag

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 06:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...hey thanks for bringing... maturity,knowledge and taste to my thread.. ..i'm not sure how much longer the thread would have lasted without your professional insight into dog poo...i'm assuming you are a professional in this area or why else would you comment.? you surely have had dog pooo in your hands before and must obviuosly know dog poo when you hold it...oh wait you've never even had these covers in your hand so you must be going on looks alone..whata guy. ..you just couldn't help yourself could you..just had to jump in and make some childish remark..a couple of people that i know, that have built there own cars with a fair amount of attention to detail, think these covers are pretty nice..1 being Johnny Johnson(big beep) and 2 me...if you don't like them thats fine but why post that comment..

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 06:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...hey thanks for bringing... maturity,knowledge and taste to my thread.. ..i'm not sure how much longer the thread would have lasted without your professional insight into dog poo...i'm assuming you are a professional in this area or why else would you comment.? you surely have had dog pooo in your hands before and must obviuosly know dog poo when you hold it...oh wait you've never even had these covers in your hand so you must be going on looks alone..whata guy. ..you just couldn't help yourself could you..just had to jump in and make some childish remark..a couple of people that i know, that have built there own cars with a fair amount of attention to detail, think these covers are pretty nice..1 being Johnny Johnson(big beep) and 2 me...if you don't like them thats fine but why post that comment..

Good grief, relax. Its just an opinion, its also just a valve cover. Its also a discussion forum where opinions are discussed. Dont take it so personally.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 06:10 PM

Quote:

Dont care if they are sold by Mopar or not....you can even tell by the hardware they are the SAME 'ole Chinese valvecovers that have been sold for awhile.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 06:15 PM

Here ya go....same 'ole same 'ole. $90 shipped on ebay...made in China

Attached picture 6387876-19586749-405-BB-Fabricated-440-Mopar-Aluminum-Valve-C.jpg
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Good grief, relax. Its just an opinion, its also just a valve cover. Its also a discussion forum where opinions are discussed. Dont take it so personally.

Very true it is a discussion forum. However you could politely voice your opinion with bashing the guys stuff instead of being plain rude about it.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 06:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Very true it is a discussion forum. However you could politely voice your opinion with bashing the guys stuff instead of being plain rude about it.

Ok, I just didnt think the OP would get all worked up about it. If someone knocks something I BOUGHT (not created)then I see no reason to be offended. But thats just me.

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 10:35 PM

Quote:

...no where in any of my post did i say that theses were NOT made in china, i said that there were no markings on anything that i could confirm where they were made..i did mention that they seem to fit better than my $100 set i had..and that was my only comparision..ALL i was trying to do, is give people a chance to see some new MP products, and maybe give them a heads up on alot of people in getting a set, if they so desired. i highly doubt that i'll ever start another thread like this one or any other for that matter...the constant hating and piling on that goes on here is stupid and i'll have little to no part of it. look at my post history..i've tried to help numerous members with MP parts and OEM parts help..but not anymore not after this crap..i'll keep to myself and send pm's to the members here who i have helped in the past, or visa-versa.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 12/31/10 11:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...no where in any of my post did i say that theses were NOT made in china, i said that there were no markings on anything that i could confirm where they were made..i did mention that they seem to fit better than my $100 set i had..and that was my only comparision..ALL i was trying to do, is give people a chance to see some new MP products, and maybe give them a heads up on alot of people in getting a set, if they so desired. i highly doubt that i'll ever start another thread like this one or any other for that matter...the constant hating and piling on that goes on here is stupid and i'll have little to no part of it. look at my post history..i've tried to help numerous members with MP parts and OEM parts help..but not anymore not after this crap..i'll keep to myself and send pm's to the members here who i have helped in the past, or visa-versa.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

oh knock it off, not everyone will like what MP has to offer these days. we thank you for posting but be ready for different opinions. if you can't handle that take your ball and run. again thank you and Happy New year. we hope you stick around and grow some thicker skin

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 01/01/11 12:38 AM

WOW!!!
Posted By: Chilort

Re: NEW MP sheet metal valve covers - 01/01/11 03:02 AM

Wish these were out when I put my engine together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums