Moparts

{{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}}

Posted By: rickstershemi

{{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/14/10 02:21 PM

OK this is basically the color I am going with on the Valiant....should I paint the wheels to match (will get dog dish caps) or have them powdercoated black....?????? If I powercoat them should I order the rear raw & have them powdercoated with my stock fronts so the finish matches...or just order them already powdercoated....?????

Tires....raised white letter Firestone Wide-O-val polyglass.

Rickster
Posted By: ChrisJohnston669

Re: {{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/15/10 01:34 AM

You can never go wrong with black wheels IMO. Shiny wheels would also look awesome. Dislike any painted color wheel on it.
Posted By: Commando66

Re: {{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/15/10 01:39 AM

If you're using dog dish caps, the would have originally body color. This is how I personally like it.
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: {{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/15/10 02:34 AM

i would not powder coat anything imo you are much better off media blasting your wheels and using a good epoxy primer followed with a single stage urethane topcoat to many rust problems with powder coat
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: {{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/15/10 02:54 AM

Quote:

i would not powder coat anything imo you are much better off media blasting your wheels and using a good epoxy primer followed with a single stage urethane topcoat to many rust problems with powder coat

Your probaly right...hmmm...I think I'll spray them with Ospho now since they have already been blasted then when the weather warms up I have some epoxy black primer I can paint them to see if I like the black look and always shoot them with the body color later....thanks, great idea

Rickster
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: {{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/15/10 02:57 AM

ospho is good stuff i use it on all my bare steel
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: {{{ WHEELS - POWDERCOAT or PAINT...???? }}} - 12/15/10 03:48 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums