Moparts

Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business?

Posted By: BradH

Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 08:23 PM

Just curious if "No Dyno Dan" is still running Dvorak Machine. I heard he had some serious health issues over the last couple of years and had even lost a leg as a result, but nothing after that. I don't need anything, so it's kind of awkward to call just to find out if somebody answers the phone or not...
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 08:42 PM

I recently had him do a block and heads for me and picked them up this Sept. You're right, he has some health issues. I can't believe he will be doing this much longer, if he hasn't stopped already. It took him a long time to finish my items. Real shame. He's very knowledgeable. Hope he keeps at it.
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 08:45 PM

Quote:

Just curious if "No Dyno Dan" is still running Dvorak Machine. I heard he had some serious health issues over the last couple of years and had even lost a leg as a result, but nothing after that. I don't need anything, so it's kind of awkward to call just to find out if somebody answers the phone or not...

at one time we had regular weekly emails exchenged. not so recently. my last email was 10-19-09 I know he was sick
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 08:48 PM

You never forget your first trip to Dans shop--all the aluminum sheet metal from early B body cars everywhere--all the rare items stuck here and there--like a museum! No doubt the guy had his day and could run with the best of them at one time. Credit where credit is due
Now...dealing with him could be an adventure

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 09:02 PM

Last I knew he had his stuff up for sale.

I think I saw it on 62-65 b-body site a few months back...
Posted By: goldmember

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 09:04 PM

He's 15 minutes from me.I've had many interesting conversations with him but haven't talked to him in 6-8months. Last I was there he had done some shop upgrades and seemed to be doing OK.

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 09:12 PM

Quote:

Now...dealing with him could be an adventure

Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 09:23 PM

He called an order in to me yesterday

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 10:41 PM

The phone rang a few minutes ago,it was Dan. He wants everyone to know he's doing well.
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 10:46 PM

That's good to hear. I stopped by over the summer on the way down to Tampa Bay. I stopped to see if he had any trim parts for a 1964 Belvedere, but he said he sold all that off a couple of years ago. I talked to his shop guy for a bit. It sounded like the medical bills were substantial, causing the sell off of the parts and cars.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/10/10 11:51 PM

...If I remember correctly he's also been through a Divorce.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 12:09 AM

Quote:

The phone rang a few minutes ago,it was Dan. He wants everyone to know he's doing well.

Seriously? I hope that's true, since it sounds like he's had some tough times as of late.

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 12:14 AM

Quote:

...If I remember correctly he's also been through a Divorce.

You remember correctly. Glad to here he's still at it. I didn't see him at the Garlits show, so though he might have taken time off.

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 12:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Seriously? I hope that's true, since it sounds like he's had some tough times as of late.

He has had some tough stuff happen in recent years,but he sounds good on the phone. I guess I'll have to go visit after the 1st of the year.
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 01:03 AM

Quote:

Awesome guy to talk to. Always had time for anyone who cared to listen and Dan had no problem sharing what he knows to help someone out

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 01:11 AM

I recall calling Dan back before the "interweb" in 1993 or so about an early B body I was working on.

I was an obviously wet behind the ears 20 something but he gladly answered my questions.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 01:31 AM

Does he still have that mean german shepard dog ?

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 01:52 AM

Quote:

Does he still have that mean german shepard dog ?

No he divorced her

All kidding aside Dan has been through a lot with the amputation and the divorce all at the same time.

Don't really want to expand upon his personal life.
I do usually get a good laugh out of him when I start talking smack though
Sure can be a character
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 02:06 AM

Get him going on politics...!...

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 02:54 AM

Quote:

Get him going on politics...!...

Posted By: nss guy

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 03:11 AM

He did some carbs for me this spring,
unbelievable wealth of knowledge
as stated he's quite entertaining
Posted By: dragracedr

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 03:20 AM

Still kicking. Have been talking to Mr. Dvorak since July. Just received a crank scraper and windage tray from him. Hemi rocker stands to correct bad scrub angle are still in production. He's a great guy, and still alive!
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 04:55 AM

Quote:

I stopped at his shop after I left the Garlits show in early November and had about a 2 hour talk with him. He showed me his project motors that he was working on and told me some interesting things about my Max Wedge motor. He doesn't have the German Shepard, but he does have 3 big black watch dog labradoodles. Talk about sociable, that he is.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 02:37 PM

Dan Dvorack is a great guy and a GREAT AMERICAN
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 04:00 PM

Dan is a great man, he helped me with parts for my first super stock engine.
And told me some secrets to help me get going.
I ran 10.38 with my home built engine thanks to him.
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/11/10 08:25 PM

Quote:

Still kicking. ..... Hemi rocker stands to correct bad scrub angle are still in production...

...I was going to email him on the update on that when this thread came up.
Posted By: cousinbob

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/12/10 04:14 AM

I've had the privilege of knowing Dan and another long-time racer/Waldo resident Mark Wilson for over 40 years. Even though Dan has taken some serious physical and financial hits this year, he is still one of the hardest working and most knowledgeable Mopar fanatics you'll ever find. He's definitely still in business, and you can feel confident about any work he does.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Uhhhh... is Dan Dvorak still in business? - 12/12/10 04:23 AM

Quote:

Still kicking. Have been talking to Mr. Dvorak since July. Just received a crank scraper and windage tray from him. Hemi rocker stands to correct bad scrub angle are still in production. He's a great guy, and still alive!

I have one of his crank scrapers I bought and don't need if anyone needs one
© 2024 Moparts Forums