Moparts

Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers

Posted By: joshking440

Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 02:37 AM

Our heads up series at ORP is official guys

Rules will be out next Tuesday!!!!!

I can answer most of the questions if anyone has them and hope the guys who are around here will come and participate

http://www.oreillyracewaypark.com/apcm/templates/racedivisions.asp?articleid=43950&zoneid=95
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 02:41 AM

awesome man! any ideas on a date?

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 03:01 AM

2nd Friday of every month

Guaranteed pay-outs

Pro-Mod (run what ya brung)
Limited Street (radial/29.5x10.5 tire, stock front suspension unlimited power adder)
Real Street (275/28x10.5) (stock front and rear suspension, 88mm,f1r max or super light n/a cars)
Outlaw Dragster (Biggest and Baddest)
Outlaw Motorcycle (Not really sure)

9.0 and 10.0 index classes (no electronics/stops, .400 pro tree)
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 03:52 AM

did you say 10.0

Attached picture 6346588-IMG_1107.jpg
Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 03:57 AM

Quote:

2nd Friday of every month

Guaranteed pay-outs

Pro-Mod (run what ya brung)
Limited Street (radial/29.5x10.5 tire, stock front suspension unlimited power adder)
Real Street (275/28x10.5) (stock front and rear suspension, 88mm,f1r max or super light n/a cars)
Outlaw Dragster (Biggest and Baddest)

9.0 and 10.0 index classes (no electronics/stops, .400 pro tree)

Congrats on getting the races set in stone with guarantee payouts
you will get guys that run Milan down to run the show.

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 04:49 PM

Im glad to hear Bob, I hope you make it.... I fought and fought for the 10.0 class, so I hope some of the Moparts guys can come and play
Posted By: larry890

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 06:58 PM

I know of two mopars that will be there.
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 07:38 PM

A 10.0 sound's like fun will have to see if car will run it with new engine.
Posted By: Thackdaddy

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 08:27 PM

Quote:

Im glad to hear Bob, I hope you make it.... I fought and fought for the 10.0 class, so I hope some of the Moparts guys can come and play

I think (hope) the 10.0 class will be a hit, this gives me clarity for my car. I did not know this was even in the works but I was day dreaming about this the other day...thanks!

I think she'll buff out just fine and be ready soon.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/09/10 11:43 PM

Sounds like something I can make, barring it turns out to be radial tire or "Street" cars only.

I'll at least be able to come down and watch the madness. (No ET?)

Posted By: moparbrown14

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 12:07 AM

you need the 11.0 class and the 12.0 class like the nhra unleashed if you want the car count up

Attached picture 6347996-Picture001.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 02:22 AM

We dont have room for those classes unfortunately.... we have to get the show done by 11 or so.

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 02:24 AM

Quote:

Sounds like something I can make, barring it turns out to be radial tire or "Street" cars only.

I'll at least be able to come down and watch the madness. (No ET?)

No worries man!!! The index classes are for all....
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 04:13 AM

Way to go Josh

I will come over forsure
Posted By: mopar376d

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 04:23 AM

I'll come down for the 9.0 class.

Thanks

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 05:42 AM

i will come play
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 06:55 AM

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 08:07 PM

Great to hear guys! This is going to be great
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 09:56 PM

Count me in.

Attached picture 6349458-RT66BracketRace031.jpg
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 11:27 PM

Model your Real Street after the x275 rules and I bet you could get a ton of cars. That seems to be getting very popular everywhere.

Dennis

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/10/10 11:57 PM

Our Rules are similar to the x275 stuff and gives huge weight breaks to the N/A guys as well
Posted By: fasthawk6

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/11/10 12:51 AM

Are you allowed to you nitrous in 275/28x10.5 if so how many stages ect.

Attached picture 6349797-dart.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/11/10 06:39 PM

Big blocks can run one stage, small blocks as much as you want

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/11/10 09:56 PM

Thanks

Attached picture 6351483-dart.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/12/10 04:28 PM

I expect to see that bad a$$ dart there on April 8th!!!!!

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/12/10 10:34 PM

I dont have enough for them classes. I was curious on the n20 stuff because i have some buddies that have been doing some 8.5 racing and been anywhere from 5.50 to 5.70. Do you have any idea what some of the times are to be expected.Heres a pic of one of them its the one in the near lane he went a 9.60 on motor with a 1.30 60 on a 315 mt radial then drove it to quaker steak and lube for some wings after that pass.By the way were from cincinnati.

Attached picture 6353623-tristate.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/12/10 10:49 PM

By the way i saw you went to the yb meet at woodward how was it. wanted to go but work has been slow so i decided to say home and work. We went to woodward 3 years in a row and i think the last time i was their Mr pbodys car was on the dyno at the chysler display

Attached picture 6353654-dart.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/12/10 11:23 PM

heres another

Attached picture 6353727-jay.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/12/10 11:37 PM

Quote:

been anywhere from 5.50 to 5.70. Do you have any idea what some of the times are to be expected.

if the guys from milan that runs OLS shows up, 4.90 to 5.10

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/12/10 11:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

been anywhere from 5.50 to 5.70. Do you have any idea what some of the times are to be expected.

Thats on the 28 275 class ? if so i dont think either car could be close even with the winter upgrades. Is all the classes 1/4 or the faster classes going to 1/8?

Attached picture 6353781-dart.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 02:34 AM

Quote:

By the way i saw you went to the yb meet at woodward how was it. wanted to go but work has been slow so i decided to say home and work. We went to woodward 3 years in a row and i think the last time i was their Mr pbodys car was on the dyno at the chysler display

It was amazing, most fun i had all year...let me know if your interested in going this year, we are signing people up again....we got a new lot as well...big enough for 100 cars

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 10:05 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thats on the 28 275 class ? if so i dont think either car could be close even with the winter upgrades. Is all the classes 1/4 or the faster classes going to 1/8?

Im not sure how many of the cars from Milan will come out, but we welcome everyone. I believe that the 28/275 class will be much slower than that for us at least for the first year. 5.50.-5.70 is what we are expecting
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 11:22 PM

Josh,any more info on the bike class?
may be a lot of AMA racers looking for somewhere to go.
have a MERRY CHRISTMAS you and the family!

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 11:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It was amazing, most fun i had all year...let me know if your interested in going this year, we are signing people up again....we got a new lot as well...big enough for 100 cars

I have been keeping a eye on that over on the bullet, to earlier for me to commit.

Attached picture 6355664-dart.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 11:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Im not sure how many of the cars from Milan will come out, but we welcome everyone. I believe that the 28/275 class will be much slower than that for us at least for the first year. 5.50.-5.70 is what we are expecting

I will be passing this on and will they running anything else on friday besides this like t&t

Attached picture 6355668-dart.jpg

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 11:56 PM

The Gates are going to open early on friday to people who want to make serious shakedown/test passes. We are going to prep the track for that like an actual race, but it will cost a bit more than t&t Our hopes are that fast cars are going to want to use that almost like a track rental...just a handful of cars participating not so much t&t

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/13/10 11:58 PM

Quote:

Josh,any more info on the bike class?
may be a lot of AMA racers looking for somewhere to go.
have a MERRY CHRISTMAS you and the family!

FRAME: OEM factory stock frames must be used, and cannot be modified in any way. VIN #s must be on frame and readable. OEM factory stock sub-frame must be used, and cannot be modified in any way. Powder coating, painting, and polishing of frame or sub-frame are permitted. Aftermarket “inner fenders” can be bolted to subframe for more tire clearance.

FRONT SUSPENSION: OEM factory stock bearings/races, lower triple clamp, axle, and forks required (none of these parts can be swapped with different year or model motorcycles). Aftermarket top triple clamp is permitted, but must retain factory offset. Forks may be internally lowered, cut, and shortened. Rigid front forks not allowed, a minimum of 1” of front suspension travel recommended. Steering dampers recommended, and may be required in the future. Front-end lowering retention straps are permitted.

REAR SUSPENSION: Aftermarket shock or aftermarket suspension link may be used (but not both). If your using an aftermarket shock then you must run OEM suspension rate linkage that came on your bike. If your using an aftermarket suspension link you must run an OEM shock (shock may be re-valved or use a different spring). Aftermarket dogbones and suspension connector links are permitted.

GROUND CLEARANCE: All components, including bodywork, must have a minimum of 3 inches of static ground clearance. Static ground clearance measurements will be taken with rider seated on bike, hands on handlebars, and feet forward with heels only contacting the ground. (Dynamic Ground Clearance: Ground clearance during the run, or dynamic ground clearance, constantly changes due to tire flex/growth, suspension movement, chassis and swingarm flex, etc. Because of the many variables involved in actual ground clearance during the run, there is no reasonable method to measure this value. Static ground clearance, or ground clearance with the bike sitting stationary, is the only defined measure for ground clearance. However, in the interest of safety, any entrant observed by the technical staff to have an unsafe amount of dynamic ground clearance may be required to alter their bike or setup, even if they pass the static ground clearance measurement. This may be done at any time during the event, and the manner or methods of these alterations will be determined on a case-by-case basis).

SWINGARMS: Swingarm-style rear suspension required. Any stock, modified stock, or aftermarket swingarms will be allowed. Bolt-on extensions are not permitted. Chain guards are required on all entries.

BRAKES: OEM factory stock front and rear brake calipers and rotors are required. One brake caliper and rotor may be removed from the front. Aftermarket brake lines are permitted.

BODY: Front fender, upper fairing, and side fairings, must be OEM factory stock plastic. Upper fairing bracket must be stock and unmodified. Aftermarket extended tail sections are permitted. Gas tank must be OEM factory stock, and cannot be modified in any way. Side fairings may be trimmed for ground clearance, clutch cover, and exhaust clearance only (however 3/4 or 1/2 side fairings are not permitted). Any OEM body parts or frame tabs used for body mounts on the bottom that effect ground clearance may be removed (i.e., lower wings in front of rear tire). The entire body must be in stock location. Aftermarket windscreens allowed. Aftermarket gas caps allowed. All bodywork must be stock paint job, or custom painted (no primered parts allowed).

LIGHTS: OEM factory stock headlight system (including low beam and high beam) is required and cannot be modified. OEM factory brake light (including tail light and brake light) is required. All lights must be on during all qualifying and elimination runs.

SEATS: Minimum seat height, with rider in position, seat compressed and 8 psi in rear tire, measured from lowest point of seating position to ground is 22-inches. Stock OEM seat pan and seat latches are required. Upholstery and padding may be modified or replaced. Seats must be covered with fabric or vinyl.

ENGINE: Any internal engine modifications are allowed. Engine swaps from different year models are permitted, but motor must bolt into stock unaltered frame. Aftermarket blocks are prohibited. Dry sumps are prohibited. Stock oil pan is permitted and may be shortened, but drain bolt must be re-located to side of oil pan The minimum pan height for all models of bikes is 1.00”, measured at the center of the pan, unless otherwise noted.

CLUTCH: Slider clutches and lock-up clutches of any kind are prohibited. Clutch baskets, slave cylinders, and pressure plates can be switched between different year motorcycles. Billet clutch baskets and inner hubs are permitted. Modification of clutch to eliminate factory style back-torque cam assembly is permitted.

TRANSMISSIONS: All entrants must utilize an OEM-style shift drum, shift forks, and transmission. Shift drum must fit into unmodified OEM engine cases. Transmission components may be modified or replaced with aftermarket components of a similar design and function. “Automatic,” no-kill or override-shift style transmissions not allowed. No components may be used that are designed to allow the transmission to be simultaneously engaged in more than one gear. This includes, but is not exclusive to, windowed shift drums, split shift drums, split forks, split gears, split fork sliders rings, gear or fork detent and/or return springs, etc. Any entrant with any of these components is considered to have an automatic transmission, even if a fuel cut, ignition cut, or ignition retard is being utilized.

STARTING SYSTEM: Battery must remain in OEM factory stock location. A second battery is permitted but must be mounted behind or next to the stock battery location in the sub frame. Push starts are not permitted.

CHARGING SYSTEM: OEM factory stock charging system is required. They must be functional and operational at all times during qualifying and eliminations. All components of lighting system must be on at all times during the run, including the burnout and shutdown. Multiple light systems must have all bulbs operating.

COOLING SYSTEM: OEM factory stock radiator is required. Radiator may be modified or shortened to allow for proper tire clearance. Oil coolers/oil heat exchangers may be removed.

WHEELS: Aftermarket wheels are permitted, but must the same diameter as the stock wheels. Cast wheels must have a 180mm or greater width tire. Maximum rear width is 6.25-inch. Total weight of front wheel rotating assembly, including tire, rotor, bearings, etc cannot exceed 29 lbs. Front and rear wheels must be of matching styles and materials. Wheels can be painted, powder coated, or polished. Ceramic wheel bearings are permitted.

FUEL INJECTION: OEM factory stock throttle bodies are required for year and model motorcycle depicted by VIN# (throttle bodies and injectors with 1 injector per cylinder cannot be swapped for models with 2 per cylinder). Aftermarket fuel injectors are permitted, but must be mounted in original OEM location. Throttle bodies may be bored to a larger size. Aftermarket throttle plates, fuel pumps, regulators, filters, fuel lines, and fuel rails are permitted. Secondary throttle plates (if originally equipped) may be modified, deactivated, or removed.

EXHAUST: Any type exhaust is permitted.

FUEL: Gasoline only is permitted. E85, nitro methane, and alcohol are prohibited.

ELECTRICAL: OEM Factory stock ECU and wiring harness is required (ECU and wiring harness can be swapped between different year motorcycles, but not between different model bikes). ECU may be re-flashed and/or modified to allow higher rev limit only (This is limited to a small opening no larger than 1 square inch on the stock ECU and must be filled with epoxy or silicone). Stand alone ECU’s are not permitted. Air shifters, shift lights, ignition kill boxes, multiple fuel injection controllers, and ignition timing control boxes are permitted. Two steps and auto shifters are prohibited.

DATA ACQUISITION: A single aftermarket oxygen sensor is allowed, and may data log air/fuel ratio and engine rpm only. It must be wired independently of any other systems on the vehicle, and any data collected may not be used to adjust any function of the bike during the run. OEM oxygen sensors may used, or may be deactivated or removed. No other type of data acquisition may be used, unless originally OEM-equipped. If OEM logging is present, it must remain unmodified, and may not be interconnected with any non-OEM system on the bike.

Any sensors, including infrared or ultrasonic, that measure the track Christmas tree or timing system, the track surface, or any structure of the track facilities are prohibited. Any non-contact sensor (sonic, infrared, radar, laser, etc) designed to detect or measure distance, position, or location is prohibited. The use of GPS, locator or position beacons, and locator or position transmitters is prohibited.

Third wheel sensors, which is the use of any wheel or rolling device other than the normal front steering or rear drive wheel/tire to measure speed, distance, or track position, is prohibited. This includes any sensors that detect or measure wheelie bar wheels.

LAUNCH CONTROL: Stutter boxes, 2-steps, or other devices designed to allow full-throttle launches not allowed.

NITROUS OXIDE: Any style dry nitrous system is permitted with any amount of solenoids or nozzles permitted.

SUPERCHARGERS: Entrants running a supercharger are limited to one supercharger, with any inlet housing diameter. Water injection and intercoolers are permitted. Any type of boost controller is permitted.

TURBOCHARGERS: Limited to one turbo with a maximum turbo inlet opening of 54.5mm. defines maximum turbo size as the maximum allowable diameter of the inlet housing at the point where the leading edge of the compressor wheel meets the inlet housing. All air entering the turbo must pass through this opening. No stepped inducer wheels permitted, the contour from the inducer to the exducer must be continuous with no steps. The leading edge of inducer wheel may not exceed 54.5mm, and must fit inside the 54.5mm area of the inlet housing. The use of restrictor plates or stepped inlet housings in an effort to limit compressors with inducers larger than 54.5mm is not acceptable. Intercoolers are not permitted. Revised 1-20-10 Any type of boost controller is permitted. Water injection is permitted. Cannot be combined with nitrous oxide.
TIRES: See chart below for rear drive tire. Front tires on all bikes must be Z rated and DOT approved.

WHEELBASE: Maximum wheelbase measurements are absolute, no over tolerance allowed. Wheelbase will be measured with rider sitting on bike.

GENERAL SAFETY: All riders must have full leathers (zipped together leathers are recommended and may be mandatory in future). All riders must have a SNELL 95 or higher full-face helmet with shield, leathers gloves, and shoes above the ankle. All motorcycles and riders must pass IHRA safety inspection. Ballistic blankets are recommended but are not required. Tether kill switches required on all entrants. Kill switch, when activated, must disable ignition, fuel pump(s) and nitrous system solenoids.

NITROUS BOTTLES: Bottles must be fully enclosed within the bodywork or swingarm. Bottles may not be mounted to foot pegs or outside of swingarm. (TORCH HEATING NITROUS BOTTLE WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION AND BEING ESCORTED OFF GROUNDS K.J)

BALLAST: Ballast is not permitted.

BIKE & RIDER MINIMUM WEIGHT: No minimum weight for the class.

RIDER WEIGHT: All riders must weigh-in at tech inspection. Riders will only be allowed to wear one pair of underwear, one pair of shorts, one short-sleeved shirt, and one pair of socks while being weighed in (Shoes, jewelry, hats, watches, etc. must be removed, and all pockets must be empty). Riders will only be given one chance to weigh-in at tech inspection and will be required to run the wheelbase placed for that weight. Any rider caught attempting to hide ballast on their person will be disqualified from the event and will face a one-year suspension from .

and there is a chart showing weight and inches and power adder that doesnt mean anything to me...
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/14/10 01:06 AM

thanks.i will see if i can pass that on to some riders.

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/15/10 04:25 AM

Great meeting tonight guys! I will post the rules tomorrow!

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/15/10 04:38 PM

Instead of posting pages and pages of rules, here is the link to pages and pages of rules...hahaha

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312301
Posted By: pro6pakRR

Re: Indianapolis Area Heads-up Drag Racers - 12/15/10 09:19 PM

Which Tree is going to be run in open comp?At top it saids 500 sportsman and down in the rules it saids 500 pro
© 2024 Moparts Forums