Moparts

Deep staging ?

Posted By: DragDart360

Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 02:06 PM

How much difference in RT will you get by deep staging.

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 02:46 PM

about .10 slower et.
Posted By: dvw

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 02:49 PM

Many cars I've raced would not cut a quick enough reaction time. Over the years I've learned to "bump" them in. Seldom have I had a car that needed to go all the way deep(top bulb out).
I've found one bump is usually worth about .030 in R/T. For instance at the Norwalk Chrysler Classic I made 4 passes shallow staged. All between .060-.068 R/T. Not good enough to go very far in eliminations. Bumping in the next 9 out of 10 passes were .004-.030. As you can see it is not as accurate as your bump in distance will very. It also will slow your E.T. by a similar amount. Still it works better than being slow. It just takes practice. There is aprox 4 bumps to turn the top bulb off in my case.
Doug
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 02:55 PM

from the newbie guy here who's only raced once or twice... can you stage so deep the top bulb goes out, and still be legal? I thought you had to have both lights on to be properly/legally staged?

i understand the difference between deep and shallow, and how it affects RT vs ET, just wondered about the bulbs!
Posted By: DragDart360

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 03:27 PM

Thanks for the replys Yes it's legal at most tracks to deep stage (check your tracks rules)
Most tracks near me no longer allow DEEP to be on the cars window but it's legal to deep stage (top bulb out)

Posted By: mopar873

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 06:34 PM

FWIW my 60 ft time changes from 1.41 to 1.50 when deep staging, and I lose just over a tenth in ET.
Posted By: dragram440

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 06:38 PM

I just saw a pinks all out where they D.Q'd a driver for deep staging. They said he left early cause the top bulb went out.
Posted By: Dart Racer

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 07:28 PM

I just started deep staging this weekend and during the past two seasons on a .4 pro tree, my RT averaged .108 with a best of .089 and a worst of 1.39

This weekend I averaged .021 with a best of .007 and the worst was .039

60's went from 1.45's to 1.58's. Since I run an index class the end et was still a 10.60, but if et matters you would lose a time roughly equal to the loss in 60'

Footbrake
3360 lbs
Auto
Posted By: goody340g

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/08/10 10:19 PM

Quote:

I just saw a pinks all out where they D.Q'd a driver for deep staging. They said he left early cause the top bulb went out.

don't get me wrong i watch it but, you can't go by that its not even real racing. they make stuff up as they go.
Posted By: Butt Ugly

Re: Deep staging ? - 11/09/10 01:46 AM

Quote:

from the newbie guy here who's only raced once or twice... can you stage so deep the top bulb goes out, and still be legal? I thought you had to have both lights on to be properly/legally staged?

i understand the difference between deep and shallow, and how it affects RT vs ET, just wondered about the bulbs!

Learned the hard way about deep staging at the track, top light went out and as I was thinking reverse the tree clocked down as I sat there
© 2024 Moparts Forums