Moparts

Blown alcohol guys

Posted By: BobR

Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 03:24 PM

Is it possible to run a twin turbo'd solid BAE hemi using gasoline/innercooler? Or is methanol definitely needed to keep the heads cool?
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 05:44 PM

Bob, I suggest you call Darren at BAE, as he will know which way to guide you. Darren is incredibly familiar with the 10.5 type racing, as well as the Top Fuel stuff. I think if Darren and Jason put their heads together, it would be scary for the Outlaw class.

BAE - (909)923-1028

Re: Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 05:53 PM

Quote:

Bob, I suggest you call Darren at BAE, as he will know which way to guide you. Darren is incredibly familiar with the 10.5 type racing, as well as the Top Fuel stuff. I think if Darren and Jason put their heads together, it would be scary for the Outlaw class.

BAE - (909)923-1028

I know Doug has definitely talked to someone over there. I'm bringing them a check on Friday for the first order. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out but I was just curious if running gas was do-able with dry heads.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 06:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BAE - (909)923-1028

I know Doug has definitely talked to someone over there. I'm bringing them a check on Friday for the first order. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out but I was just curious if running gas was do-able with dry heads.

When you said you were going BAE I thought you meant with a screw. Just kinda wondering why the turbos when the blower and BAE go together so well on meth? I guess it's probably less of a problem getting the turbos to leave and is what you guys are accustomed to.

Re: Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 07:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BAE - (909)923-1028

When you said you were going BAE I thought you meant with a screw. Just kinda wondering why the turbos when the blower and BAE go together so well on meth? I guess it's probably less of a problem getting the turbos to leave and is what you guys are accustomed to.

We can't run a screw blower in Outlaw here on the west coast.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 08:05 PM

Quote:

We can't run a screw blower in Outlaw here on the west coast

Darn shame because they work well.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Blown alcohol guys - 11/02/10 08:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

BAE - (909)923-1028

We can't run a screw blower in Outlaw here on the west coast.

Ahh, ok, makes sense. Well, I'm sure it will still haul a$$ as I've never seen a Hemi that didn't like manifold pressure. Whether it comes via the hair dryers or a screw won't matter too much, I'm sure it will still fly.

Good luck with it and please keep us posted on your progress.
© 2024 Moparts Forums