Moparts

Roller lifter tie bar

Posted By: ram87

Roller lifter tie bar - 10/26/10 08:06 PM

My engine builder is getting everything ready to start putting together the small block for my little truck. I am missing one tie bar for my roller lifters. I don't know the lifter type or if I can purchase just one tie bar. Where is the lifter manufacturer listed on the lifter (if at all)? Can the lifter type be determined from a picture? If so, I will try to get a picture of the lifter and tie bar tonight.

Attached File
6269946-dakotaside.bmp  (129 downloads)
Posted By: StrkrDart69

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/26/10 08:14 PM

If it is a magnum engine it is probably the link bar. You can buy them from hughes engines.
http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/produ...l1=TGlmdGVycw==

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/26/10 08:58 PM

Sorry. It's a non magnum engine. It's a .030 over 340 with Batten W2 heads. Attached is a picture of the tie bar.

Attached picture 6270010-DSC00222.JPG
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/26/10 11:40 PM

Comp or Crower??? Just a guess. Good luck w/your build. Hey Lynn we're sure missing Abilene dragstrip!

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/27/10 03:39 PM

David - I have looked at the Comp lifters and the tie bar doesn't appear to be the same. Will have to look at the Crowers. Wish someone with a racing background would buy the Abilene strip. Pretty nice place but not a lot of people around with $1,200,000. Maybe I will hit the lottery tonight.
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/27/10 06:35 PM

i have older comps in my small block thay look the same no pics though .get the same thickness steel draw it out make one up
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/28/10 02:00 AM

Hello ram87,

Sure do like that leaf and other debris in the valley area. What do you think it's worth on the dyno? Doubt that you will see any improvement at the track though. lol

I agree get some plate 33 or 55ksi steel and have it made. Only question is are tie bars hardened?

Damon

Re: Roller lifter tie bar - 10/28/10 02:39 PM

I don't think the leaves and grass clipping will hurt anything. It was the BIG spiders that had me worried. That's what 4.5 years of sitting in the garage does. Probably try to make a tie bar or have one made next week. Everything is getting balanced now so have a few days before thing get started putting together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums