Moparts

K Frame Clerance for Pan

Posted By: gearhead01

K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/24/10 03:53 AM

I once saw a sketch for the clearance notch in the K frame A Body)needed for a Milodon pan. I could not find it on their web site today. Does anyone have this sketch, ot pictures of their trimmed K frame?

Thannk you for your help.

John
Posted By: Randy..

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/24/10 05:37 AM

little more [image]http://[/image] than a notch but you get the idea.
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/24/10 01:11 PM

mine

Attached picture 6266126-new-kframe1.JPG

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/24/10 01:14 PM

the back

Attached picture 6266128-new-kframe2.JPG
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/24/10 01:16 PM

Those are nice but you don't need to take out that much for the milodon small block pan. Mine has maybe a 3x3 notch in it. If you set the motor down in the engine bay you will see where it needs to be cut. Its small enough its no big deal to do it quickly while your putting the motor in.

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/24/10 01:19 PM

Thats true. I only needed a small notch for my milidon pan in my e body. The heavily modified kframe is not really required in many cases
Posted By: gearhead01

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/25/10 01:50 AM

Thanks for the pictures and descriptions. Milodon says only a 3/4" cut is required, and i saw an instruction sheet once a long time ago with the dimensions. I was looking for some one who might have that sketch.

Thanks again.

John
Posted By: polyspheric

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/25/10 04:45 AM

Milodon has let Buffy write the instructions.
The size of the hole depends in large part on how well tied down your engine is.
Worn stock motor mounts, or plates front and rear?
Torque strut?

Do what you like on the X-member, but if you don't have life insurance it shouldn't look like that.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: K Frame Clerance for Pan - 10/25/10 05:58 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the pictures and descriptions. Milodon says only a 3/4" cut is required, and i saw an instruction sheet once a long time ago with the dimensions. I was looking for some one who might have that sketch.

Thanks again.

John

Sure wish I would have known that as I put mine in with the lakewood BH and it took me forever to get in.. I wondered if that front lip needed to go but left it in. It appeared to me that just removing that front ledge would do the trick. Will definitely be doing it the next time the engine is out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums