Moparts

Rod bolt torque - help

Posted By: chris3

Rod bolt torque - help - 10/04/10 12:10 AM

Got a new set of K1 Technologies I-Beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts for a 340 small block. K1 does not list a torque specification for these bolts. They require either a stretch guage or a torque angle guage. The specs say 35 ft pound plus 50 degree angle on the torque angle guage. No one in this area has one of the angle guages. They advertise that Sears and Snap on have not but not in my area have to order and wait. Does anyone know what the torgue reading with a normal 1/2" drive torque wrench would be for this 35 ft pounds plus 50 degrees.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Rod bolt torque - help - 10/04/10 12:19 AM

Quote:

Got a new set of K1 Technologies I-Beam rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts for a 340 small block. K1 does not list a torque specification for these bolts. They require either a stretch guage or a torque angle guage. The specs say 35 ft pound plus 50 degree angle on the torque angle guage. No one in this area has one of the angle guages. They advertise that Sears and Snap on have not but not in my area have to order and wait. Does anyone know what the torgue reading with a normal 1/2" drive torque wrench would be for this 35 ft pounds plus 50 degrees.

It is going to vary from user to user and the type, brand and length of the torque wrench 1/4 turn equals 45 degrees, right 1/2 turn equals 90 degrees so can you use that to work with 35 lbs plus 45 degrees plus a little bit (5 degrees) more Let us know what you decide and do as well as the results BTW, did they(K1) specify what lube to use the lube can make a large difference in the torque readings on the same fastener
Posted By: topside

Re: Rod bolt torque - help - 10/04/10 04:00 AM

PM me if you want a good stretch gauge; we sell 'em.
© 2024 Moparts Forums