Moparts

rb turbo

Posted By: bonefish

rb turbo - 09/26/10 12:51 PM

my buddy just put a procharger on his camaro and that thing flys and it came as a kit and just bolted right up no fab work at all except a couple o brackets had to be worked on a bit.is there anything like that for a RB i cant seem to find a company that makes em for the Mopar specific app.
Posted By: dodge turbo

Re: rb turbo - 09/26/10 02:33 PM

thesuperchargerstore.com offers procharger setups for big blocks
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: rb turbo - 09/26/10 03:09 PM

Be prepaired to spend up to $4000.00 Or if you can do a little fab work you can do it yourself for about $2200.
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: rb turbo - 09/26/10 11:18 PM

Quote:

Be prepaired to spend up to $4000.00 Or if you can do a little fab work you can do it yourself for about $2200.

best thing to do imho. get a kit for a small block chevy and make an engine adapter and then an adapter for the balancer. you can go one step farther and get the rb balancer that has the BBC 3 bolt pattern and then just make a spacerto bring the crank pulley out a little
Posted By: joshking440

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 01:00 AM

You wont get that kit for 4000 dollars...just my

The kits start at 6 or 7k and go up from there
Posted By: Cudahlr

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 01:26 AM

Quote:

thesuperchargerstore.com offers procharger setups for big blocks

And then be ready to redo most of the kit so it actually works right.

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 01:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

best thing to do imho. get a kit for a small block chevy and make an engine adapter and then an adapter for the balancer. you can go one step farther and get the rb balancer that has the BBC 3 bolt pattern and then just make a spacerto bring the crank pulley out a little

that's what I did. Bought a head unit and the rest was Chevy. I used 3/8 steel so I could cut and weld it at home. I took the crank pulley to a machine shop and the drilled it and made me a spacer for $60. Would have been cheaper except Mopar has the "odd ball" bolt spacing. Here's a few pictures. I did it all for under $2200 including fuel system upgrades and gauges/bungs. This was a very mild 440. ran 12.90's on nice days 13.0's on hot days. 6psi of boost dropped me to 12.08-12.11 all the time.

Attached picture 6219279-sc2aa.JPG

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 01:38 PM

another.

Attached picture 6219280-scten.JPG
Posted By: whiplash

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 03:47 PM

I'm in the same boat as yuck. Bought a used head unit for $1500, adapted it with an Al mount the I made myself, used a auto tensioner and had ASP make me a crank pulley with 8 ribs. Probably just over $2K invested. 383, 10psi boost, low 12's in a 4000# coronet.

Attached picture 6219437-XB-1acoldair4.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 04:07 PM

Whiplash and Yuck, your mounts work for your application, no doubt about it but if you mounted an F1R or bigger out there and started making big power that thing would warp and twist like no bodies business.

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 04:25 PM

Quote:

Whiplash and Yuck, your mounts work for your application, no doubt about it but if you mounted an F1R or bigger out there and started making big power that thing would warp and twist like no bodies business.

If I went w/ a bigger unit I would have made a bigger bracket. I used the bracket it cam with and modified it. I didn't cut my own piece of metal. I think If I do it again I'll probably take use of an engine plate and mount it all to that, unless I use turbos. Those kits price out most mopar guys into the boost club. It can't possibly cost that much to cut and machine the aluminum. I think the Supercharger store wants around 5k for a set up. So basically your telling me it costs 2k to make the brackets and drill out a crank pully?
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: rb turbo - 09/27/10 07:46 PM

i have some of the parts for an RB setup 12 rib as I am going to a Cog. I will have to look what I have that is adapted to work.
Posted By: prochargedhemi

Re: rb turbo - 09/28/10 11:33 PM

here is the small block chevy race kit(F2) that i bought brand new for 4500.00 and adapted myself. all mounts adapters are 1.5+ 6061 Like Josh said though a big problem with mopars is the lack of surface area to mount to since you are mounting off the water pump and not the cylinder head like chevy and fords. that problem can easily be overcome as long as you don't want to run a mechanical water pump

Posted By: whiplash

Re: rb turbo - 09/29/10 04:59 PM

Quote:

I hear ya, but if you look REAL close to the fender side of the SC, you'll see an extra stainless bracket that I setup to wrap around the SC and bolt to one of the header bolts. It triangulates things, keeps the bracket from flapping in the breeze.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: rb turbo - 09/29/10 07:05 PM

Mounting to the water pump sucks, but not much available. I'm putting mine on the passenger side where the alternator was so I can also mate the bracket to the mounting holes on the front of the head. I'm also doing the custom mount thing. I picked myself up a rebuilt supercharger and am making the mount myself. I found a laser cutter about an hour away from me who can take my autocad drawings and have his laser machine cut it for me. He does up to 1" thick steel. I had him cut me a simple bracket design out of 3/8 steel, cost me 10 bucks and one week turn around time. For that price I can afford to prototype and revise my designs until I get it the way I want it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums