Moparts

Tranz brake ?

Posted By: 512 VALIANT

Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 07:40 PM

I have Hughes trans w/ trans brake. After installing trans I have all forward gears, but no reverse. I called Hughes as they are local and he said I needed to have my trans brake hooked up in order to get reverse. Also they stated when I am in nuetral or reverse I need to activate the trans brake to attain reverse. I guess my question is that I have never had a trans brake before and is this normal. I guess then I actually have 2 question, because I need to hook up the brake to the 2 step. So how do you recommend doing that?
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 07:49 PM

Normal? Not sure how many are designed this way, but definately some are. I have to push the transbrake button while in reverse to actually engage reverse.
Posted By: nosboy

Re: Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 07:58 PM

With MY trans brake, you can get reverse by shifting into NEUTRAL or REVERSE and holding the button.. No button,, no reverse.. Perfectly normal....
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 08:00 PM

Same deal for me with my glide
Posted By: 512 VALIANT

Re: Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 08:05 PM

Thanks, I never ran 1 before. How did you guys "wire it in" to the 2step and rev limiter so you can launch and it automatically triggers your high rpm on the 2step when you release the button?
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 08:06 PM

For some transbrakes that's normal, for some it isn't. My T/A pro brake does not need the button pressed for reverse.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Tranz brake ? - 09/21/10 08:52 PM

Go to MSDIGNITION.COM
I think you will find a simple diagram there. The two step rev limiter activate wire will hook directly to the positive side of your transbrake. When activated it tells the two step to select it's second rev limiter. The low side.
© 2024 Moparts Forums