Posted By: MOPARCHAS

wheelie bars opinion's - 09/15/10 12:27 PM

ok guys whats everybodies opinion on wheelie bars
sprung or unsprung
going to have to bite the bullet and put some on

Attached picture 6197168-2010.jpg
Posted By: gregsdart

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/15/10 01:12 PM

The longest you can tolerate. I have had sprung and unsprung, am now running unsprung bars 66 inches long. You can have your cake and eat it too if you start with a sprung combo, and if it isn't up to the task replace the springs with a piece of tubing.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/15/10 01:34 PM

What rear suspension? I am on a 4-link now and am using 73" long unsprung bars. Ideally if adjusted right, the car never touches the bars and they are there to handle those times when the car is making just a little more power (mineshaft air) and might get up on them. I'm in the process of taking front end travel away to slow down how quickly my car gets up on the bars. 60' times keep dropping as I reduce the wheelie.
Posted By: Womanator

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/15/10 02:36 PM

Amazing how when you use the hp to move the car forward instead of up your 60 ft goes down.

The car use rise 3 ft now I've got it down to 6" and the 60 ft has gone from the high 1.30"s down to the low 1.20's
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/15/10 03:22 PM

Unsprung....
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/16/10 02:17 AM

Quote:

Amazing how when you use the hp to move the car forward instead of up your 60 ft goes down.

The car use rise 3 ft now I've got it down to 6" and the 60 ft has gone from the high 1.30"s down to the low 1.20's

Uh oh, you done it now......you will be attacked by the "my car 60s best, when it nearly turns over" crew...................

By the way, you are dead right

Monte
Posted By: Billy B Bad

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/16/10 02:30 AM

Quote:

ok guys whats everybodies opinion on wheelie bars
sprung or unsprung
going to have to bite the bullet and put some on

Screw Wheelie bars man....Get a skid plate on that oil pan
Posted By: cudabin

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/16/10 05:21 AM

I use the Competition Engineering generic sprung bars and when adjusted correctly my car 60 foots at 1.25

When bars get raised up a little and front shocks loosened?

Attached picture 6199001-lastpass2010Cudabindone.jpg
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/16/10 05:29 AM

Quote:

Uh oh, you done it now......you will be attacked by the "my car 60s best, when it nearly turns over" crew...................

you took the ords right off my keyboard before I could post a similar note
Posted By: Dodgeguy101

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/17/10 01:32 AM

Shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line.
Posted By: go green

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/17/10 01:58 AM

Put the sprung wheelie bars next to the 1980 folding lawn chairs.( they work like crap and are junk after the first use ) Any one running a 44" Spring wheelie bar should have there head examined.
Go solid,, and at least you have repeatability and something that can actual steer your car .

If you want the latest in 70's technology be my guest.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/17/10 02:07 AM

maybe so .but wheelies are way cool
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/17/10 04:11 AM

Quote:

Ideally if adjusted right, the car never touches the bars and they are there to handle those times when the car is making just a little more power (mineshaft air) and might get up on them.

IMHO, there's only one use for them............. If the track is greasy and/or you're down on power, or leaving with less power to avoid spinning the tires, you can drop the wheelie bar to help get the car up on the tires and avoid tire shake.......

Quote:

Giant wheelies are gay....... barely carrying the front tires for 200 feet without wheelie bars is "way cool"........
Posted By: Hurst390

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/18/10 12:05 AM

who needs wheelie bars?? my 9 sec 96" wheelbase 4 speed AMX doesnt need em..
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/18/10 12:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Ideally if adjusted right, the car never touches the bars and they are there to handle those times when the car is making just a little more power (mineshaft air) and might get up on them.

IMHO, there's only one use for them............. If the track is greasy and/or you're down on power, or leaving with less power to avoid spinning the tires, you can drop the wheelie bar to help get the car up on the tires and avoid tire shake.......

Quote:

Giant wheelies are gay....... barely carrying the front tires for 200 feet without wheelie bars is "way cool"........

dang you need to be helping AJ win a championship in pro stock
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/18/10 12:23 AM

To each its own, solid for me, or nothing

Attached picture 6201965-DAMM.jpg
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/18/10 06:37 PM

Quote:

dang you need to be helping AJ win a championship in pro stock

I'm sure he don't need my help and I'm sure he already understands that a wheelie bar should really be called a "get up on the tire bar" or "anti-tire shake bar"........
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: wheelie bars opinion's - 09/19/10 05:39 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gay??? whos the guy who likes pulling on a stick??? mr 4 speed lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums