Moparts

Shoulder Harness ?

Posted By: beepbeepdon

Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 12:54 AM

OK I bought the 5 point RCI harness listed as a "wrap around"...SO I did just that,wrapped it around the roll cage behind the seat,used the metal piece that comes with it cinched it up as tight as I could and the track tech inspector didn't like the fact that the harness moves.( slightly side to side).Am I a dim bulb but does "wrap around" mean something else.Would any of you have pics showing how you secured the shoulder straps to your roll cage. He said I should weld some tabs or something....Thanks for the help
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 01:28 AM

mine are just wrapped like you discribed, i have them cinched tight against the rollbar, never been called on it, sorry no pics

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 02:29 AM

Thanks Mike...I met you at Woodburn a couple of months ago....Finally got the car to the track
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 02:38 AM

You can get cute and do it like this.

Posted By: rowin4

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 03:51 AM

Quote:

You can get cute and do it like this.

Did you put those on before you welded on the bar? That's one way to keep them from moving.
I have the wrap around type and have no problem with tech.

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 04:18 AM

That is a great idea...Thanks!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 06:13 AM

Source

http://www.ruland.com/ps_collars_shaft.asp?gclid=CNPi886v-aMCFZpN5QoduVOTLA

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 04:15 PM

Thank you very much for the source. I will call them today
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 05:18 PM

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/15/10 09:48 PM

I have used the wrap arounds and use a hose clamp on each side to limit the movement, I also cross the right side(installed the belts so they will fit the buckle correctly ) to the driver side to prevent lateral movement in case thy need to be tested at the track in competion That, the hose clamps, is not needed if your shoulder harness go through the seat backs
Posted By: jcc

Re: Shoulder Harness ? - 09/16/10 12:15 AM

Quote:

..... the hose clamps, is not needed if your shoulder harness go through the seat backs

Not sure that seat back openings will pass tech to prevent belts from sliding in many other sanctions.
© 2024 Moparts Forums