Moparts

A/S final Indy photo

Posted By: Steve1118

A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 02:35 AM

posted by Tom Sheehan on classracer...neat pic.

Attached picture 6179510-AStockfinal.jpg
Posted By: Michael

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 03:30 AM

Posted By: HEMI472

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 04:15 AM

who won ??????????
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 04:24 AM

the furd by .02
Posted By: Michael

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 04:34 AM

There's a video of the run somewhere.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 05:01 AM

Beautiful!
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 11:53 AM

Quote:

posted by Tom Sheehan on classracer...neat pic.

If some "civilian" asks you why you spend so much time fooling around with cars and drag racing....

Show them this.
Posted By: mloboda

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 02:58 PM

Here's a youtube video of that final.
Hitting second gear in mid-air !
Man, i love stick shift cars !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj0tazghjpY
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 03:10 PM

Truly an awesome race!

Hmmm, all the whining about the CJ cars, neither one of those was a CJ.
Posted By: mr_340

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/06/10 05:44 PM

I've always loved Stockers and SS cars. Too bad most spectators at the events here head to the pits. They don't know what they are missing. I can only head to the bathroom when the motorsickles and Super class cars are running.
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/07/10 01:00 AM

Quote:

I've always loved Stockers and SS cars. Too bad most spectators at the events here head to the pits. They don't know what they are missing. I can only head to the bathroom when the motorsickles and Super class cars are running.

OR... They could put it on TV..........

BUT NO !!!!!

Instead we find out about girls softball, what has-been is pregnant, what chef [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]-ot is cooking, ad nauseum. And they STILL can't figure out why the people are staying away.....
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/07/10 01:23 AM

I watched the entire day of racing today on ESPN 3, the web site, live streaming. I played the NHRA audiofeed while that was going on (there was no commentary with the little guys running), and saw everything. It was in real time, no commercials, and show all classes, all runs. It was great.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/07/10 01:34 AM

Man those cars sure do leave nice!
Posted By: loren kraker

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/07/10 04:47 AM

mr 340 We were there for the stock and ss classes on wed thur and friday. I was shocked when the time runs were done for those classes the people poured out of the stands. All i heard everyone grumble about was delay boxes in super gas, no one stuck around for those.
Posted By: BradH

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/07/10 04:23 PM

Quote:

mr 340 We were there for the stock and ss classes on wed thur and friday. I was shocked when the time runs were done for those classes the people poured out of the stands. All i heard everyone grumble about was delay boxes in super gas, no one stuck around for those.

Why should that shock you? Watching those x.90 cars choke themselves down off the line makes me want to hang myself. They're the antithesis of interesting from a spectator's point of view. Add to that either a dragster chassis or a doorslammer w/ a set of wheelie bars strapped down so tight that the car can barely pull daylight under the front tires and you have the perfect recipe for making an exciting sport completely boring to watch.

God knows I don't want to pay to watch that form of racing...
Posted By: The Avg. Valiant

Re: A/S final Indy photo - 09/07/10 05:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Why should that shock you? Watching those x.90 cars choke themselves down off the line makes me want to hang myself. They're the antithesis of interesting from a spectator's point of view. Add to that either a dragster chassis or a doorslammer w/ a set of wheelie bars strapped down so tight that the car can barely pull daylight under the front tires and you have the perfect recipe for making an exciting sport completely boring to watch.

God knows I don't want to pay to watch that form of racing...

I used to think much the same way and my dad still does. The farther you sit down track and watch the sc, sg, sst its pretty cool. The racing is tight and the line and normally someone is trying to push the other out. While I dont like them killing it off the line, the top end is sure fun to watch when theres a 15+mph difference.
© 2024 Moparts Forums