Moparts

6'1 hemi Blower?

Posted By: dodgepaul

6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/05/10 06:03 AM

Looking for input on where to start my search for options on putting a blower on my 2010 srt8 challenger, I was sad to see my buddy's magna-charged GTO style isn't available for my Hemi. I really liked the drivability of his car's blower. Anybody have suggestions on good and bad ideas?

Attached picture 6178285-New2010Challenger6-29-10.jpg
Posted By: PUNK

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/05/10 06:32 AM

I spoke with a few guys that had the SMS kit from Saleen and they were very impressed with the driveability and the power. Now just for pure power the guys that had the Kenne Belle kits were the most impressive as far as performance. BIG POWER from the "Mammoth" blower. My Friend is installing a SMS kit from Saleen on his B5 Blue Challenger R/T Classic. Should be fun.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/05/10 06:52 AM

Kenne Bell does one as mentioned... (that is what the MrNorms cars are using IIRC)

I used one of thier setups on an LS1 and was quite happy with it.

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/05/10 09:11 AM

since posting I have found more current info and the magna charger is available for the 6.1 :-)
I will look into the others as well.
I do like the call it half throttle boost as was described to me by my GTO friend.
Is either or both roots type blowers?
Posted By: CW25

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/05/10 05:46 PM

Magnacharger or kenne bell are the way to go IMO. If I didn't drive my SRT8 jeep when it was 40 below I would get a super.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/06/10 12:55 AM

Attached File
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/06/10 02:54 AM

You know procharger and hellion boost these cars too I hope.
I think I'm going procharger this winter. But the hellion looks stock with the twins under the car.
The best info I can give ya is challengertalk.com it's just SLOW to load.

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/07/10 03:27 AM

Yes thanks, I am on Challengertalk as well. and yes it slow to load! wonder what is up with that?
Posted By: AlexP

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/13/10 04:38 AM

Get a Kenne Bell and be done with it. $7,000+ install, it makes stupid power and comes with a warranty.

Can't beat it.
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/13/10 11:25 PM

i'm doing a procharger on a srt8 6spd next week. i'll let you know how it works out if you want

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/14/10 06:06 AM

Quote:

i'm doing a procharger on a srt8 6spd next week. i'll let you know how it works out if you want

Did you go with a P or D series ?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/15/10 01:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

the customer only wanted a P
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/15/10 02:19 PM

As mentioned, plenty of kits available I've seen them range from 5k to 7k. Their is also a turbo set-up avaiable for around $6800 (I think)The add claims it's good for up to 1000hp...but you know how that goes.

FWIW those things can make good power w/ bolt ons and programs. Plenty of them running low 12's w/o power adders.

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/16/10 02:49 AM

My buddy and I were just talking about his old 05 Magnum that ran an 11.90 @ 4150 lbs. 3rd fastest 5.7 car in the country.

Heads/cam/intake/CAI/2800 stall/3.06 Getrag and a really good tune.

They run very good with the basics. Put that combo in a 3600lb with driver leaf spring car and watch it fly !

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/16/10 02:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

the customer only wanted a P

For a basic car, it will be great. Even a D on a big motor car is silly fast.
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 04:39 PM

The new Magnuson Supercharger makes a clean looking installation... The guy that posted this pic said his was under $7500 installed by Arrington, and says output is 483 HP/460 TQ at the rear wheels. He describes the car as being "scary fast" now, and also says it is 50 state legal...

Anyone have additional info on this setup?

XS

Attached picture 6223094-IMG00062.jpg
Posted By: dangina

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 05:00 PM

I was wondering if any of the aftermarket companies make a charger with a electric clutch so you can turn the charger on and off when you want and save yourself on the price of fuel by not having it turned on all the time like my roots one on my drift car...
Posted By: whiplash

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 05:04 PM

I don't think there is a clutch out there that's strong enough.

But why? Your not saving a significant amount of fuel by doing this. Turning the SC without boost is not that troublesome.
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 06:55 PM

Quote:

But why? Your not saving a significant amount of fuel by doing this. Turning the SC without boost is not that troublesome.

It would be a hell of a way to sandbag LOL
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 06:56 PM

That magnuson install is super clean! The kenne bell setups also look very sweet. If you want a centrifugal, didn't paxton also come out with a kit for the 5.7 or 6.1???

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 07:00 PM

Quote:

I was wondering if any of the aftermarket companies make a charger with a electric clutch so you can turn the charger on and off when you want and save yourself on the price of fuel by not having it turned on all the time like my roots one on my drift car...

The Kenne Bell (at least the one I used on an LS1) has a bypass valve on it, you could always make up some sort of solenoid to actuate that if you wanted too Blower would still spin but would not make boost to the engine.

I had zip-tied the bypass valve open when I first installed the blower, for the drive down to the dyno and tune place so I could get the computer flashed,programmed for bigger injectors, etc,etc first off.

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 07:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Some toyota minivans (believe it was the minivan) had a little supercharger that were about the size of an a/c compressor and they had an electric clutch on them
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 07:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some toyota minivans (believe it was the minivan) had a little supercharger that were about the size of an a/c compressor and they had an electric clutch on them

I believe it was actually a little mercedes car called (or nicknamed?) the Kompressor. I remember seeing the superchargers on ebay and they did have that electric clutch.
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 07:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmmm how much HP gain will i get on 408 Small block with 1psi of boost

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 07:21 PM

Just use 10 of them, then you'd be set.
Posted By: feets

Re: 6'1 hemi Blower? - 09/29/10 08:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I believe it was actually a little mercedes car called (or nicknamed?) the Kompressor. I remember seeing the superchargers on ebay and they did have that electric clutch.

The Toyota Previa minivan had a mid-engine supercharged 4 cylinder engine.

All Mercedes supercharged engines have clutches on the blowers.
© 2024 Moparts Forums