Moparts

QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly

Posted By: Blown 68 R/T

QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 12:58 AM

Been wanting to change out my old holleys for either proform or quick fuel carbs, lets hear some feedback on these or are there others i should look at as well like AED or Pro systems?

Current set up is apair of old 850DP's with airhorn milled off.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 01:11 AM

I have a 1050 with Pro-Max stickers on it but it looks like all Quick fuel parts,bowls,plates,base plate and a Proform 1050 body.
It runs and drives perfect for a street strip car
I wouldn't hesitate to get one from QFT or Pro-Max
Gus
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 01:37 AM

I sent my 1050 dom into QF for them to set up for
E-85... worked perfect other than a minor jet change
for the engine I ordered it for... I changed it over
to another engine and had to do some work on it...
so far its great
Posted By: Dragula

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 01:41 AM

I have QF annular on my 360, and love it. Only needed a little larger front squirter. Went from a #31 to a #35, and that was it.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 01:45 AM

my QFT has been great right out of the box a small jet change is all I have done to it.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 02:58 AM

Other than squirters,my QFT 950 is OOTB.I have been very happy with it.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 08/28/10 03:11 AM

My Quick Fuel Q-750 was pig rich at idle, I changed air bleeds even drilled holes in the primaries, no help. Their customer service tried, but nothing worked. It's sitting on the shelf now.

My Bigs 950HP is great , great customer service too .
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/02/10 07:16 PM

i had a QF 950 that ran rich at idle,changed the IFR's to smaller size and ran great.
Posted By: BradH

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/02/10 07:27 PM

I've talked w/ a couple of people on here about QFT 4150 carbs and got the impression they can be "hit or miss" on how they work out of the box.

Can't comment on ProForm's carbs at all.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/02/10 08:10 PM

I run a QF 4150 950 on my 499" in the Challenger and have been happy with it. It reacts to changes well. Also run a QF 850 on my Mom's 362" Duster and was faster than the Holley 750. I thought it might slow down because I figured it would be to big for the motor.
Posted By: fury62

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/02/10 08:19 PM

I run a QF 4150 Q1050 out of box on a 540 big.a couple of jet changes, and it works great. 10.01 @132
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/02/10 10:18 PM

1050 AN QFT here. Very pleased with it.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/03/10 12:14 AM

I ran 2 Quickfuel 750's on a tunnel ram and they were the best carbs I've ever used. All adjustments are solid, no play in them, set the idle and everything and never have to adjust it again. Also LOVED the big glass sight windows in the bowls, I could see the bowls fill to proper level from the drivers seat when the hood was up.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/03/10 02:10 AM

Big on Bigs here. Small jet and squirts change for the track and it rumbles.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/03/10 02:42 AM

if you go the "center section swap" route and use your holley plates and bowls..
make sure there is no interference with the base of the center section and the base plate..
some situations require you to file and or clearence the boss at the vacume port or other areas...to get the plate to set flat on the center section with out a vacumme leak..
the topic was just carb for carb swap....
but i thought id mention this based on experience.
cheapst
Posted By: John

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/03/10 03:42 AM

Bought a pair of Proform 650's for my tunnel ram. Changed idle air bleeds to lean out the idle, made normal jets adjustments, and they have performed great. (Quick Fuel Technology provides the tech suppot for Proform.)
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/03/10 05:23 AM

My QF 1050 AN is going to show up tomorrow...I'll report as soon as I can.

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/06/10 08:51 AM

Update: I finally fired my beater up today with the new QF 1050 annular 4150 carb. It is very crisp, idles decent given the cam profile, and has no leaks. Tomorrow I will bleed the brakes and get if off the jackstands for a test drive after some re-bleeding/jetting.

So far I really like this carb!
Posted By: rebel

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/06/10 11:52 AM

just out of curiousity, how much venturie effect do you get with annular boosters? i had a racedemon rs that i made into a 1050 downleg booster carb, the venturie effect was 0.040, had bigg trouble reading plugs, if i fitted annular boosters it was going to cut back cfm by 75, so i made it a 1025 & got 0.080 venturie effect which works well. i'm thinking 1050 annular must almost be straight venturies.

Re: QFT/Proform race carbs= lets hear the good/bad&ugly - 09/07/10 05:50 PM

You are correct about the carb, looking down the throat is almost like looking through a tube...not much variation. As I said above the throttle seems crisp so I'm pretty happy. I had to bend the float arms quite a bit to get proper float adjustment. Out of the box they were way off. If I adjusted the float low enough to have 1/2-1/3 of the sight glass filled it was barely contacting the adjusting nut. More to come as time allows!
© 2024 Moparts Forums