Moparts

rhoades runner

Posted By: moparbrown14

rhoades runner - 08/22/10 10:07 PM

anyone remember bob rhoades roadrunner about 1978. i think he was from connersville indiana and it was awesome. ran at muncie dragway about that time. ran like 9.80s back then. also later had a 70 cuda that was a real croud pleaser any pics of the 2

Attached picture 6153174-Picture.jpg
Posted By: Frito

Re: rhoades runner - 08/23/10 02:55 AM

He was tough at Clay City. I talked to him last year at the Indy Hemi Challenge. He will be back this year. I will see if he has any pics that we can post.
Posted By: moparbrown14

Re: rhoades runner - 08/23/10 03:29 AM

i would love to see pics of his roadrunner and his 70 cuda. as a 18 year old kid i was very impressed by both cars. one night at muncie dragway we lined up beside each other on a time run. him in his low 10 second 70 cuda and me in my 14 second street car. the announcer said hey look here we have to cudas lets see which one gets there first. when we took off my jaw dropped as his front wheels were in the air along time. i think his win light came on and went out and then mine came on. he beat me so bad

Attached picture 6153827-Picture001.jpg
Posted By: MikeCompTA 57

Re: rhoades runner - 08/23/10 10:39 PM

I had the car after Bobby Rhoades. It was originally built and owned/raced by Wally Booth (of Pro Stock fame). The rear bumper still had scrape marks on it from when Bobby stood it up at Muncie one night!
Mike

BTW Frito.....I will see you @ Indy!
Posted By: MikeCompTA 57

Re: rhoades runner - 09/11/10 02:39 PM

At "The US Nationals" last week there were 3 past owners of the Roadrunner at Don Bales "Silver Bullet" pit area.
Bobby Rhoades
Mike Alford
Rick Allison
© 2024 Moparts Forums