Moparts

MSD pro power coil mounting

Posted By: '72CudaRacer

MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 03:40 AM

I just installed a MSD Pro Power coil (small red, drag race only) with the small rubber mounts that came with it. After one week, it looks like the mounts are not going to make it over the long haul. It's mounted on the inner fender, almost vetical, and the mounts look like they are sagging. Any one else have any issues with these coil mounts? Any other options?
Thanks, Brian
Posted By: AndyF

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 04:56 AM

I made a bracket to hang it on the end of the cylinder head.

Attached picture 6147449-8201.jpg
Posted By: fishy340

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 05:05 AM

i dont know what kinda camera you have andy but damn!makes the engines look candy
Posted By: AndyF

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 05:09 AM

Thanks. It is a fairly cheap camera but a pro taught me a couple of tricks.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 05:14 AM

Had my Pro Power hanging on the front motor plate now for around 12 years with no problem. Dang, never shoulda said anything. Now it'll break like everything else on the car this year!
Posted By: OUTLAWSSAA

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 10:08 PM

Quote:

I just installed a MSD Pro Power coil (small red, drag race only) with the small rubber mounts that came with it. After one week, it looks like the mounts are not going to make it over the long haul. It's mounted on the inner fender, almost vetical, and the mounts look like they are sagging. Any one else have any issues with these coil mounts? Any other options?
Thanks, Brian

Leave it on that inner fender,mines bin there for 12 yrs,and its been abused with a countless number of wheelstands.

Attached picture 6148400-mafia011.jpg
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 10:41 PM

Everyone still using the rubber mounts that came with the coil? or are they mounted solid? And yes, AndyF takes some fine pictures of quality work.
Thanks, Brian
Posted By: chryco

Re: MSD pro power coil mounting - 08/19/10 11:03 PM

Bracket on head....

Attached picture 6148506-IMG_5771.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums