Moparts

The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show"

Posted By: HEMIDARTS

The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 03:11 PM

Well I watched the race last night.

As usual they showed way to much JFR.

But i was kinda happy when he finally went off

on the guy. Those guys keep tryin to start drama.

They are trying to pin JOhn and RObert against each other.

They are family, They have the same sponsors.

Anyways i was happy to see John put a stop to it.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 03:45 PM

Yeah I seen that also... that part was fine BUT they
were interviewing Ashley when she LOST and not the people
than won.... thats BS... like you said... its the John
Force Racing Show... they need to curb that stuff
Posted By: tboomer

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 03:48 PM

I don't even watch it much anymore...Same old crap most of the time...And I still cannot stand Paula Page...
Posted By: moparacer

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 03:59 PM

I think Ashley was close to breaking down when they interviewed her.

They can say what they want but having choice and wanting to be the first pair of FC out after a drastic weather change was to put it mildly.

STOOOOOOPID!
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 04:04 PM

Some of of need to work for a living. I'm not going to watch if it doesn't even go on until 10 at night Sounds like all I missed was the same old crap anyway.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 04:11 PM

Quote:

Some of of need to work for a living. I'm not going to watch if it doesn't even go on until 10 at night Sounds like all I missed was the same old crap anyway.

I agree,

I sat in a Hospital waiting room searching for the race on TV, All I could find was GOLF.

Oh well didnt miss anything.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 04:21 PM

The best part of the whole deal last night was (in fact, my favortite Pro win of the year, despite the Impala body)...

Bob Bode won F/C!! One car, one chassis, works out of his bag plant...no mega dollar shop. Just 10 years of burning up parts and nitro...
Posted By: mr_340

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 07:13 PM

It's always cool to see someone win there first race. It's stupid to keep interviewing JF after he went out. Interview the winner please, not the guy that went out two rounds ago. Congrats to Bode!
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 07:25 PM

I record it and watch only Prostock until AJ is out.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 07:36 PM

you know it's bad when the wife asks if i want to watch big brother, and i say ok.

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 11:34 PM

Quote:

It's always cool to see someone win there first race. It's stupid to keep interviewing JF after he went out. Interview the winner please, not the guy that went out two rounds ago. Congrats to Bode!

I quit watching when AJ lost.
But im glad a small timer won. Makes ya feel GOOD!
Posted By: rockerbob

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 11:42 PM

Quote:

Yea I fell asleep in the recliner again. I do like watching the shows, but I wish they would lay off the JF overdose.
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/16/10 11:43 PM

DVR is the answer.
I fast fwd till the burn outs are done then watch the race.
Takes about 40 minutes to watch eliminations.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 02:10 AM

There was a race on this weekend?? Over the last three years I've become more and more disenchanted with the "pros". Last years "manipulation" of that joke "points" system pretty much killed any interest I still had in watching.
Posted By: barracuda man

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 03:51 AM

Quote:

For real whats up espn.Seems like espn is trying to kill the sport.
Posted By: Welderman

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 11:48 AM

I agree with JBody. Since the passing of Wally Parks the NHRA has gone downhill. Extremely poor organization, New points system, Toyota winning the FC. championship, the 1,000ft. rule for the pro classes, too much Force and Schumacher in FC, oh yeah, and foreigners suddenly showing up with mega cash and luring top professionals to their instant teams that get BOOED when they pull to the line.Also the new NHRA presidente (Compton) gets paid $700,000 salary a year??? Very disapointed in the 4 car circus race they have also!!!We dont attend the big events, dont watch it on TV, and did not renew my subscription for membership. Its very unfortunate that they forgot that us little guys in the sportsman classes are the very backbone of drag racing. I think Ill go work on my hotrod whenever NHRA comes to town. Thanks for allowing me to vent.
Posted By: jughed

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 11:57 AM

team racing has ruined it...along with the annoying win-or-lose Force interviews. if i decide to watch it, it's muted
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 12:40 PM

It's funny to me how people get all wound up over this stuff...... People whining about what happened with the drag racing they watched last night is just as silly as whining about what so-and-so did last night on Days Of Our Lives.........

You guys have got to realize that EVERYTHING is about money and EVERY racing organization is trying to make money (especially in this ecomony)......and from their research, Force sells.......If there aren't any fans, then there isn't any Top Fuel or Pro Stock racing.......

At the end of the day, who won what race doesn't mean a dang thing.......This is all just entertainment for the masses........NOTHING more.........so why cry about it?? Apparantly, you're in the minority......

It's EXACTLY like a Circus......They come to town, pitch their tent, put on the show, take their stuff down and move on to the next town.........If the majority of the people in the stands want to see more of Bozo the Clown than the monkey riding the doggie, that's what they'll get......... Looks like you guys like watching the monkey riding the doggie.......

It's funny how everyone talks about how they only watch Pro Stock........Fact is, Pro Stock is just riding on Top Fuel's coat tails.........Imagine trying to have a drag race with just Pro Stock cars......How many people do you think would show up to just see Bozo the Clown if the monkey riding the doggie wasn't there???

You guys can appreciate what it takes to make a Pro Stock car run......but the VAST MAJORITY of people just want to watch fast, loud cars running down the track with fire out of the pipes.......Those same people are the ones the love to watch jet Semi's and the wheel standing Cool Bus........

So, the point of all this is; Go out in the garage, finish your car, and go race......BE the monkey on the doggie, because he's having a blast.........

Wayne
Posted By: viperrt

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 03:16 PM

You hit the nail on the head! It's a business.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 03:52 PM

to the agrees

its a show guys and some of pay to see and hear RACE CARS

yeah there's drama..but so do TV shows that we watch...if you dont want to watch it...change the channel..

without the big sponcers there wouldnt be the likes of top fuel as we come to know it...
Posted By: julian2007

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 06:11 PM

Here is the thing no one here is going to do anything about this so called problem. So stop wasting time and space here and call NHRA,ESPN,John Force or who ever is pi$$ing in your beer glass and tell them. Leave more room for problem solving on this site please.They should start a pi$$ and moan section here on moparts to filter this crap out of race only.If you want results go to the source of the problem is are shop motto.When you complain about a problem to anyone other than the person directly causing the problem nothing will ever be accomplished except boat rocking and America was built by people getting it done not from people crying about how hard it is. .No offense mind you I just don't see what these posts are suppose to accomplish.
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 06:31 PM

Quote:

Here is the thing no one here is going to do anything about this so called problem. So stop wasting time and space here

The peers here need to put a stop to this and give them a bashing site all to thier own.

Attached picture 6144557-P9180023.JPG
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 08:04 PM

My wife is a perfect example of their marketing strategy. If John or Ashely Force come on tv she knows exactly who they are. She doesn't know anyone else, even though I've been watching drag racing since we met 9 yrs ago.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 08:39 PM

Quote:

Here is the thing no one here is going to do anything about this so called problem. So stop wasting time and space here and call NHRA,ESPN,John Force or who ever is pi$$ing in your beer glass and tell them. Leave more room for problem solving on this site please.They should start a pi$$ and moan section here on moparts to filter this crap out of race only.If you want results go to the source of the problem is are shop motto.When you complain about a problem to anyone other than the person directly causing the problem nothing will ever be accomplished except boat rocking and America was built by people getting it done not from people crying about how hard it is. .No offense mind you I just don't see what these posts are suppose to accomplish.

i think the thread title could have tipped you off that it might not be your cup of vinegar? i did enjoy your contribution to the thread, btw. so negative. we're just venting. live a little.

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 08:47 PM

I live life more than most because I don't waste time venting.

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/17/10 08:53 PM

Hey Ben Why don't you come on down to my house and we will grille some steaks drink some deer talk about the next time we get to go racing and bit$h about how bad life sucks!(
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 04:35 AM

Quote:

I live life more than most because I don't waste time venting.

Sometimes people biotch and moan because in the past things were truly better, and that ain't just nostalgia talking...try and find some old Diamond P broadcasts with Steve Evans doing the interviewing and Dave McClelland backing him up. There were two guys who'd been in the sport FOREVER, knew their stuff, and the drivers they interviewed were, IMO, actually humble around them because they knew Evans and McClelland could keep them honest. Now it's pretty boys, teams diving on team orders, 1000 foot nitro cars and a stupid basketball like points chase. Can NHRA and/or ESPN louse this up any worse? After so many years of being ignored I don't WANT to be sold to, I don't WANT to see Force's mug or his teams' shoved down my throat. So I don't watch or attend National events any more, period.

Go ahead and settle for being sold to like every other Joe Lunch pail slug, just another number, another potential buyer of whatever sponsor trash they are pushing that week. Go ahead and sit there and eat the trash TV and drag racing they are, ahem, 'Force' feeding you. Hope it tastes good... I remember when it was a whole lot better, and it wasn't that long ago...
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 01:28 PM

Oh the days with Winston (am I allowed to even print that) and their Ms Winstons (oops thats objectifing women) hugging the grubby looking winners at the end of the track (oh my look like working stiffs).
That was real.
So sanitized now it stinks.
No wonder the generations of late are screwd up.

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 01:57 PM

The reason that the present "sucks" is people waste too much time living in the past.move forward or lay down and die.Anyone who has met and talked too Force would never say even one thing bad about him He is truly a peoples champion.I was there when told Coil he would need to wait to talk about there tune up so Force could wish a little girl happy birthday and spend some time with her and her family.He is in it for the fans not him self.Not to mention his time spent on safety for all drivers.If you don't like him that's cool, my question is this what did he do to you the last time you too talked to make you give up watching something as cool as top fuel drag racing? It must of been something pretty bad.
btw when you lay down and give up for good do it some where people moving forward will not trip over you.

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 02:54 PM

Quote:

The reason that the present "sucks" is people waste too much time living in the past.move forward or lay down and die.Anyone who has met and talked too Force would never say even one thing bad about him He is truly a peoples champion.I was there when told Coil he would need to wait to talk about there tune up so Force could wish a little girl happy birthday and spend some time with her and her family.He is in it for the fans not him self.Not to mention his time spent on safety for all drivers.If you don't like him that's cool, my question is this what did he do to you the last time you too talked to make you give up watching something as cool as top fuel drag racing? It must of been something pretty bad.
btw when you lay down and give up for good do it some where people moving forward will not trip over you.

WOW... I guess no one else gets a opinion and your
is the only one

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 03:28 PM

So what you are saying is its ok for him to run his mouth about how bad nhra and Force is but its not ok for me to run my mouth back at him because I like nhra and Force.If some one is bad mouthing some thing you like what do you do pat him on the back and say good gob? Or do you defend it?
Posted By: ademon

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 03:44 PM

Lost interest in it a few years ago. ITS BAD..

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 03:44 PM

Look i have met Force personally many times!
He is a decent guy, used to be a good guy.
He is stressed out now.
But anyways, i dont really have a problem with him personally.
I have a problem with NHRA showing JFR 95% of the show.

Noone should get that much time.
There are far too many other people who are spending alot of money to be there.
Its not fair to the fans or the other teams!
Posted By: therocks

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 03:49 PM

I agree and disagree.They do overdo the Force teams some.But look when Enders was runnign all the time.Even if she didnt qualify they spent 1/2 the show talking about her.John is a people person.He sells tickets period.Seems a lot forget when he just raced to get beat.But he stayed at it.Ive seen him and talked to him quite a few times.He always has time for the people.That and he demands his people do the same.As far as team orders I dont see anyone complaning about Kallita or DSR.Look at the other year when Grubby had to race Doug.Connie pretty much said he was going to lay down so Doug could get points.Hey its a buisness and not a sport.Rocky
Posted By: ademon

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 03:56 PM

"Hey its a buisness and not a sport." BINGO !!!
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 04:12 PM

Quote:

"Hey its a buisness and not a sport." BINGO !!!

Just like any other pro "SPORT". No way that the hired drivers and other pro 'athletes' are worth the money that they demand. No one is worth that kind of $$$.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 04:52 PM

We're all entitled to our opinions, so heres mine. JF sells, thats the bottom line, tickets, shirts, all kinds of stuff. If you dont believe it look at what a lot of people are wearing the next time you go to a national event.

The NHRA is not what it was 20 years ago, 10 years ago, or for that matter 5 years ago. All things change, even the pro stocks that we love so much. How many racers can really relate to any one of those cars? I'm sure there are a few who run some of the super classes that can to some degree. But for the most part they are nothing like anything we have. Life is in flux and always changing as time goes on, either we change too or live in the past.

Do I think they focus on JFR to much, absolutely. But it is what it is and at least it's still televised. The bottom line is, if you don't like it don't watch it if thats your prerogative.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 05:49 PM

I think that Jok Nicholson speaks for a lot of us in his latest column...

http://www.dragracingonline.com/columns/deadon/xii_8-1.html

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 06:33 PM

Quote:

So what you are saying is its ok for him to run his mouth about how bad nhra and Force is but its not ok for me to run my mouth back at him because I like nhra and Force.If some one is bad mouthing some thing you like what do you do pat him on the back and say good gob? Or do you defend it?

I just didnt care for your comment of die... you guys
can argue all you want but keep it above the waste

Posted By: therocks

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 08:14 PM

Hey the pros make big bucks racing.But unlike a ball player that makes like Arod 25 mill a year and spends what mabe 10K on equipment maybe.Force spends 15 million a year on the team.I agree its not what it was 10 years ago.But its like everything else one guy does this then one does something else.I remember when you could build a motor for maybe 5 or 600 and be fairly competeive.Now guys have 10K in a paint job.Rocky

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 09:10 PM

Its a figure of speech it means give up on life
Posted By: 65signet

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 10:08 PM

Quote:

I think that Jok Nicholson speaks for a lot of us in his latest column...

http://www.dragracingonline.com/columns/deadon/xii_8-1.html

That is a very good column, and if you go to the nitro mall at a nat event, 70% of the store is JFR
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: The NHRA or the "John Force Racing Show" - 08/20/10 10:10 PM

Quote:

You miss my point totally. I wasn't ragging on JFR, I was ragging on how NHRA and ESPN has oversold him to the point of a lot of people being sick of him. That sort of nonsense would not have happened if Evans or McClelland were at the mike doing the interview. Stairway to Heaven, anyone?

I remember when Force couldn't buy a win to save his life. I saw him many times on the Match race circuit (something else NHRA has effectively killed by limiting test sessions for Pro teams.) I still remember when he got his first win at Sanair and he wrote in the Dragster about the only ones up at top end to celebrate with him were a few drunk Canadians...

Force could have gone the way of his mentors - Prudhomme and Bernstein, by moving into Top Fuel and becoming a great champion there as well. Instead he chose to pile on more cars in his team to the point where he's put a stranglehold on the class, which forced similar things to happen in Top Fuel. I don't call that good for the sport.

Nor do I call going to 1000 foot after Scott Kalitta died good for the sport.

Ya wanna do something good for the sport? Limit the teams to TWO cars, period. Bring back match racing. Take away one mag and one fuel pump, and bring back the 1320. Slow 'em down and bring the cost down so MORE teams have a chance to play, not just the guys with the deep pockets who are so ubiquitous they make ya sick. Worse than Coca Cola...

It's too bad this sport has turned into a big business, because when it wasn't such a big business the racers and the fans enjoyed it way more than they do now. And if the outcome is going to be pre-determined, ie: one team mate lays down for another, hey, might as well watch WWE. That's a 'business' too - it's a joke, but it's still a business. Anything goes in big business, right? Maybe that's what's wrong with America...
© 2024 Moparts Forums