Moparts

TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE !

Posted By: 493_DART

TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/12/10 10:44 PM

Well, Ive held my tongue for 3 months...

LONG story - Mods please dont delete this--I dont want someone else have to go through this.

I bought a Tranzact brake back in May. After installing it, the car didnt want to shift to drive, when it did, it would take over 2 seconds then drag the car to a stop.

Went as far as PULLING THE 727 OUT of the car and had it looked at(thanks jim) . Trans is fine,

Its IMPOSSIBLE to get tranzact on the phone and they will not answer my emails. They dont even have any sort of answering machine.

I talked to a guy there when he would answer the phone once every 2 weeks and basically got the run around. Not ONCE did he say "send it back" or " we will make it right" .
Just had me adjust the line pressure (didnt help).

I ended up sticking a Turbo action brake in the car--NO MORE shift problems.Works perfect.

Definatelty the tranzact causing the issues.

So..i just shipped the junk back to them and it was signed for and delivered on august 4th. i included a letter inside because they wont pick up the phone.

Here it is 9 days later and no contact.

Pretty much 3 months of BS.

and probably $400 of my money down the drain
Posted By: mopowers

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/12/10 10:55 PM

If you purchased with a credit card, can you have them do a charge back?

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/12/10 11:04 PM

im trying that next. Ive given them plenty of time to simply make this right.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/12/10 11:10 PM

It is one guy Joe Chrisman. I just talked to him a couple weeks ago. I no longer run his VB because I was talked into a glide.

Hope you get fixed. But, don't feel bad Rick Allison had me tear up two transmissions and work on his VB a bunch. Only got worse. Burnt up the clutches in one race, which I won. Then made pressure adjustments and the problem got worse. I was told I had bad cases. Some guys have good luck with the A&A. It can be very frustrating. I have ran the Tranzact VB's in several cars with great results. Better than TA by far and the pressure spool valve is secured better in Tranzact's. But, if it aint working going into high sounds like Joe's got some fixing to do. Sorry you didn't get the results I did.

Leon
Posted By: Eric

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:17 AM

Quote:

It is one guy Joe Chrisman. I just talked to him a couple weeks ago. I no longer run his VB because I was talked into a glide.

Hope you get fixed. But, don't feel bad Rick Allison had me tear up two transmissions and work on his VB a bunch. Only got worse. Burnt up the clutches in one race, which I won. Then made pressure adjustments and the problem got worse. I was told I had bad cases. Some guys have good luck with the A&A. It can be very frustrating. I have ran the Tranzact VB's in several cars with great results. Better than TA by far and the pressure spool valve is secured better in Tranzact's. But, if it aint working going into high sounds like Joe's got some fixing to do. Sorry you didn't get the results I did.

Leon

Pretty much sums up my experience....I lost quite a few rounds due to creeping with a T/A brake....I run a glide now.

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:37 AM

I had the opposite happen.

the tranzact creeped a couple inches

the T/A does not creep at all.
Posted By: emarine01

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:46 AM

No excuse for bad customer service, Keep us posted, I was lookin at their Vb for my torqueflite until now
Posted By: wesw

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:46 AM

if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. your not alone, my luck is total crap also. my motor wasn't as fresh as the guy said it was so i'm doing a complete overhaul on it. made three test passes with it. {it was a total joke}
i put it back in the trailer took it home and pulled the motor back out. i have friend that has a grinner brake if you want me to ck on it for you. wes
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:52 AM

sorry to hear about the problems but I have to say my Tranzact brake works great and has since day 1 hope you get it straightened out

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:53 AM

Quote:

if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. your not alone, my luck is total crap also. my motor wasn't as fresh as the guy said it was so i'm doing a complete overhaul on it. made three test passes with it. {it was a total joke}
i put it back in the trailer took it home and pulled the motor back out. i have friend that has a grinner brake if you want me to ck on it for you. wes

thanks wes--but i Love my new T/A brake. No creep and works perfect!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 01:10 AM

--but i Love my new T/A brake. No creep and works perfect!

I've been running a T/A brake for YEARS and never had
a creep issue.... mine is the old no low band apply
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 01:47 AM

Quote:

--but i Love my new T/A brake. No creep and works perfect!

I've been running a T/A brake for YEARS and never had
a creep issue.... mine is the old no low band apply

X2
Posted By: 727builder

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 01:47 AM

I have Installed several T-A brakes over the years. Never had any problems with any of them creeping either. Tranzact? Never bought any from them.
Hope you get your money back. Good luck!
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 02:26 AM

first time I have heard anything bad about Tranzact brakes. I have run several, and when I asked pages of replies stating his brakes are the best..My brakes from him...one Pro, and one standard sets at idle, and never creeps.
But hey its impossible for every thing to be perfect, I believe you when you say yours is crap. I also belive you when you say you cant get ahold of him...
Problem is that we know everyone makes mistakes, but how they handle the problem travels a long way...
Hope you get some kind of resolution.
There is some guys on this board who are good friends with him..this might get some results...its a shame it has to come to this though...
Keep us posted..
Posted By: rook440

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 02:53 AM

A&A ,Rick Alison ...hahahahaha ,,,what a joke ..high priced junk !!!
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 03:01 AM

I hope Joe takes care of ya. He's always taken care of me.
Posted By: mcat4321

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 06:49 AM

Quote:

I hope Joe takes care of ya. He's always taken care of me.

Posted By: Otherlane

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 11:27 AM

I called Tranzact 4 times last week and Joe answered every time but once.The one time he didnt answer he called back.I got some parts from Joe that was sent out thursday and got them monday.joe will fix the problem.Good luck
Posted By: formula S

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:05 PM

Quote:

A&A ,Rick Alison ...hahahahaha ,,,what a joke ..high priced junk !!!

I only have had good experiences with Rick. I even called on a saturday and he picked up, and we talked about a trans problem that he had nothing to do with, but took the time to help me out, knowledgeable guy and great customer service.
Posted By: S/ST 3040

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 12:49 PM

Quote:

I only have had good experiences with Rick. I even called on a saturday and he picked up, and we talked about a trans problem that he had nothing to do with, but took the time to help me out, knowledgeable guy and great customer service.

Same here. I couldn't say enough good things about Rick.
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 01:21 PM

great service and performance out of both A&A and TRANZACT.
Posted By: supercomp

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 02:42 PM

I don't think there's a business around that someone hasn't had a nightmare with. I've had my share. That being said, doesn't help much when it's happening to you does it?
Posted By: Ian

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 05:36 PM

i have spoken to joe a dozen times or more and he has been helpful and even paid freight to australia on his products he may be off doing racing this time of year.
Posted By: julian2007

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/13/10 05:41 PM

most all my friends and I have been using a&a stuff for years with no problems and we are all 7 and 8 second rides he has top shelf parts for sure at a fair price.The only thing Rick can not control is when someone does not know what they are doing when they install his parts or refuse to read directions!As far as customer service goes I have seen him fix other peoples trans problems including glides at the track for free just to help a guy out.Top shelf all the way
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/14/10 12:45 AM

Well this post has been on here for a few days now.

Has the problem gotten fixed? Has he contacted you?

Please let us know what is going on.

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/14/10 07:01 AM

Quote:

NOPE

NO CONTACT

Mr. Crissman IS a nice guy ,nothing against him personally , just want something done ........

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/14/10 07:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

NOPE

NO CONTACT

Mr. Crissman IS a nice guy ,nothing against him personally , just want something done ........

Well im sorry to hear you have not been contacted.

I thought for sure with all of these people who know him,

and or buy stuff off him that someone would have been in contact with him.

I have no dog in this hunt, sorry i cant help you out.

If i was his friend, i would tell him to talk to you and come on here and get this figured out!

But maybe, just maybe someone who does talk to him will let him know that he needs to follow up on this!
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/14/10 02:30 PM

Quote:

most all my friends and I have been using a&a stuff for years with no problems and we are all 7 and 8 second rides he has top shelf parts for sure at a fair price.The only thing Rick can not control is when someone does not know what they are doing when they install his parts or refuse to read directions!As far as customer service goes I have seen him fix other peoples trans problems including glides at the track for free just to help a guy out.Top shelf all the way

I know this has nothing to do with Transact but Rick Allison is a class act and a Great person and I agree with Julian 100% Also Eric Paul a member here is associated with Transact
Posted By: dodgedude4x4

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/15/10 09:47 PM

I have no dog in this hunt,
I do know Joe has been having trouble with DSL service and has no phone or internet service.
Just letting people know ...
Posted By: Otherlane

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 12:31 AM

He has told me that also.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 01:08 AM

I am no longer associated with TranZact

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 06:45 AM

UPDATE -----

I received an email from Joe today . 8-15-2010 .

He said something was cracked in the pressure circuit and that they will build a new one and ship it out.

I will post back when I receive the new valve body.

Yes , I understand their internet has been down , but that doesnt make up for 3 months.They should have offered to exchange the thing back in June in my opinion.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 10:56 AM

Quote:

UPDATE -----

He said something was cracked in the pressure circuit and that they will build a new one and ship it out.

Yes , I understand their internet has been down , but that doesnt make up for 3 months.They should have offered to exchange the thing back in June in my opinion.

Glad to see he is doing something for you... too
bad it took so long
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 02:29 PM

Quote:

UPDATE -----

3 months is bad service, no matter how you slice it. From what I have seen, he has some interesting parts; but without service after the sale, it sounds too risky. Every company has a defective part now and then.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 02:52 PM

I'd want my money back, not another VB that I wouldn't trust.

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 03:03 PM

Im glad you are finally getting some service.

Hopefully next time it wont come to this!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 03:54 PM

Quote:

I'd want my money back, not another VB that I wouldn't trust.

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 07:25 PM

i dont have to trust it

it will be in the for sale section when i get it
Posted By: 65dragnet

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 09:31 PM

Quote:

Sorry Eric !I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 10:57 PM

Quote:

i dont have to trust it

after all this good luck with that

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 11:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i dont have to trust it

after all this good luck with that

Yeah ill be gettin a call from my dad telling me to buy it.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 11:47 PM

my Tranzact has worked great since day 1 I think they are a good piece for the money.
Posted By: AAR-B4

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/16/10 11:55 PM

A few years ago I bought a 20 yr old TranzAct bracket brake for cheap. This is the external solenoid type. I called Rick and we got the length of the actuator rod correct and it has worked flawlessly.
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/17/10 06:47 AM

Well... sounds like everyone on here has had great luck with them and they love them . So...i will have a brand new one , in the box , for sale soon.....i hope..
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/18/10 06:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry Eric !I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus.

Wasnt taken that way I just didn't want a 100 PM's in my box with questions I can't answer.

Re: TRANZACT - WHAT A JOKE ! - 08/20/10 03:59 AM

OK--- I got a new brake in the mail today 8-19 .

Thanks Joe , and if anyone is looking to buy one-go to the for sale section.
© 2024 Moparts Forums