Moparts

Best A body front drag shocks?

Posted By: greendart408

Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 04:15 AM

I would like to know what people like to run for front shocks on a 3050lb 9sec a body with ladder bar rear. I have lakewoods now.. they seem to suck. Calverts or some other double adjustable front shock?????? I want to go with a bobsprofab front end.... .but that isnt in the cards for awhile unfortunatly.
Posted By: W2-408

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 04:36 AM

QA-1 double adjustables and never look back...
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 05:48 AM

The lakewoods are WAY too stiff on extension and I really like the calverts but I`m sure there`s better............
Posted By: SG duster

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 10:55 AM

I brought lakewoods for mine but the stroke is miles too short, been thinkin about compitition engineering shocks but they dont have a very good rep at all, Iv been looking at an aussie brand called Pedders but they never seem to stock them for chryslers, I used them in my last aussie GM streeter & liked them so for now its
Posted By: 360904

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 11:58 AM

I got mine from Summit, 90/10 cheap and seem to work good for me
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 01:59 PM

Santhuff's make the best a body front shock, not the cheapest though. Mike
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 02:55 PM

Calverts
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 04:58 PM

My street/strip small block Dart with CE three ways, Cal-Tracs and monos has gone 1.41 60' on a 275 street radial. I know they are far from the best but work fine for me. If someone would like to send me some Calverts, QA-1s or some other good shock I'd be happy to do some comparison passes .
Posted By: RonP

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 05:18 PM

Quote:

I got mine from Summit, 90/10 cheep and seem to work good for me

Been 1.29 60's footbraking with the summit cheap three ways. I did buy a set of calverts about 4 months ago and they are still in the trailer. Might put them on and try them at Bristol for the Mopar race next month.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 06:30 PM

I have used many different brands( QUA1, CE, Lakewood,Hurst and Koni coil overs ) and types of front shocks on different A bodys, none of them went into the nines, all low to high ten second cars.The ones I like the best so far are the Koni SPA reasonably prived and they work excellent on all of the tracks I have ran my Duster, from good to bad with no adjustments
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 07:19 PM

Qal double adjustable
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 08:13 PM

Mr. Fish I take your word for it! Saw you at Etown this past weekend and man it leaves hard! And I know the track couldnt have been working that well cause everyone was having problems-props

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 09:05 PM

Quote:

Mr. Fish I take your word for it! Saw you at Etown this past weekend and man it leaves hard! And I know the track couldnt have been working that well cause everyone was having problems-props

thank u the track was shitty were u there with a car
Posted By: mafo

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 09:10 PM

I use koni s but I would really like to try something with knobs on the outside...like QA-1 or santuff

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/10/10 09:14 PM

Quote:

I use koni s but I would really like to try something with knobs on the outside...like QA-1 or santuff

qa1 u will like them
Posted By: SB449VALIANT

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/11/10 03:16 AM

qa-1's DA for now, Santuff makes really good shocks...period.

Attached picture 6133669-DSC00775.JPG
Posted By: B1DartGT

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/11/10 03:33 AM

I'm using the Calvert 90/10s right now but my front end is staying up the whole way down the track. Going to put my SP1s back in to try and correct it???
Haven't had the Caverts that long but they seem to be a quality piece.

Attached picture 6133712-126333614.WbGrfbaO.17.jpg
Posted By: Plumcrazyracing

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/11/10 03:39 AM

Quote:

I would like to know what people like to run for front shocks on a 3050lb 9sec a body with ladder bar rear. I have lakewoods now.. they seem to suck. Calverts or some other double adjustable front shock?????? I want to go with a bobsprofab front end.... .but that isnt in the cards for awhile unfortunatly.

To answer the 'subject' of your post.....Santhuff here and they made a huge improvement. Get ahold of Mike Roth if you are ready to step up to the best shock.

Looking at your et and being a ladder bar car, I think these shocks (santhuffs) are your best bet.

Steve

Steve
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: Best A body front drag shocks? - 08/11/10 03:53 AM

I have a pair of their steel bodied ones on the shelf for someone looking for a "deal". pm me if you are interested Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums