Moparts

From bad to good

Posted By: Butch

From bad to good - 08/02/10 09:40 PM

Decided to go to Magnolia Drag Strip to make some 1/8 mile passes after making some changes on the Duster. I installed a new tranny, 10pt cage with 2x3 frame connectors and new tires and wheels. A few days ago I drove the car back an forth on a side street and all was fine. Sunday I went to back out of the garage but I had no reverse. Dang now what..........

The whole family was ready to go racing so I loaded up the Belvedere. What a great day it turned out to be. I went four rounds and went out by breaking out by .02. Not a bad day after all for a street car through full exhaust and street tires. I didn't even check the air pressure.

Attached picture 6118855-100_3206.JPG
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: From bad to good - 08/02/10 11:51 PM

Now that is fun!!
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: From bad to good - 08/03/10 02:03 AM

Way to go Butch Glad to see no matter what that you still got out and had some fun. Hope it's only a linkage problem or something else easily fixed on the trans Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Russ

Re: From bad to good - 08/03/10 02:45 AM

Thanks Russ we had a great time. Unfortunately when I drained the fluid today there were metal savings.

Butch
Posted By: super451b

Re: From bad to good - 08/03/10 03:10 AM

I saw you there. That's a nice looking car you have ! I would have liked to stop by and introduced myself , but I was tied up trying to work some bugs out of my new combo.

Wade
Posted By: ProSport

Re: From bad to good - 08/03/10 04:04 AM

Glad you got out and had fun Butch. Now get that tranny fixed for this weekend!
Posted By: aarcudaden

Re: From bad to good - 08/03/10 04:24 AM

At least you got to have some fun Hope you get your trans fixed
Posted By: mopar65

Re: From bad to good - 08/03/10 04:30 AM

way to go Butch i all ways liked your 65. I don't think i have ever seen your duster what does it run? butch if you don't mind me asking who did your 10 point cage and how much did it cost you? you can pm me if that is better for you. i ask this because i am going to have to put a 10 point cage in my dart before i bring it to norwalk this September.thanks Bobby

Re: From bad to good - 08/04/10 02:16 AM

Quote:

I saw you there. That's a nice looking car you have ! I would have liked to stop by and introduced myself , but I was tied up trying to work some bugs out of my new combo.

Wade

I was in the lanes and recognize your car. I began to walk toward you as you were TnT but the cars began to stage.

Thanks for the complement in the 65. I may go to Mag next weekend with prosport. I look for you Wade.

Butch
© 2024 Moparts Forums