Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:09 AM

Posted By: BobsProFab

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:11 AM

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:12 AM

sorry to see that Bill
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:13 AM

You've got to be kidding me! I have no words other than I'm very sorry to see this and to wish you better luck.
Posted By: Deepockets

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:16 AM

sorry to see that, ca ching. did it give you any notice?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:17 AM

No... not again... how many revs this time... sorry
to see this Bill
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:17 AM

That sucks
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:18 AM

WOW!
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:19 AM

OWCH ! .........which is exponentially more painful than your garden variety ouch.
That really sucks !
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:22 AM

are you kiding us.thats bad sorry to see that.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:22 AM

man bill you must be.... I hate it for any racer to go through what you have been!
Posted By: The Duster

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:24 AM

Sorry to hear that Bill. Glad it didn't oil a slick and turn you into the wall though. Your luck will turn around. You're not cursed!
Posted By: galen

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:26 AM

Sorry Bill. At least you did not crash the car and are ok. Give us a little insite to what happened.
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:29 AM

Quote:

What he said.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:30 AM

Quote:

Sorry Bill. At least you did not crash the car and are ok. Give us a little insite to what happened.

x2 but stock block and no studs on the mains with all that power is really riskin it... hopefully 3rd time around will be the charm for him . good luck bill
Posted By: RAMM

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:31 AM

Yeah you're cursed and so is your engine builder. Believe me I'm an engine builder and am having one of those seasons. That sucks and I feel for Scott and you. Any idea what failed this time? BTW I have a theory about Rotella T that is starting to carry weight. J.Rob
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:33 AM

I wasn't on it all that hard. It happened during the kids rides when I was giving Kaitlin a ride so I wasn't on it as hard as I would have been during a race pass.

I got out of it all together at the 1/8 and jsut after that I noticed it shaking. Then I saw the smoke.

Only saving grace I guess is that it did happen during the kids rides and I wasn't on a full pass where it could have happened at speed.
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:35 AM

Quote:

BTW I have a theory about Rotella T that is starting to carry weight. J.Rob

whats that mean?

sorry to see this Bill
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:43 AM

I'm speechless....sorry to hear Bill.

Rickster

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:44 AM

Quote:

Yeah you're cursed and so is your engine builder. Believe me I'm an engine builder and am having one of those seasons. That sucks and I feel for Scott and you. Any idea what failed this time? BTW I have a theory about Rotella T that is starting to carry weight. J.Rob

he does not even have the engine appart yet!
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:50 AM

Good Lord..... Not again?!?!

I think I would throw a mild 440 combo together and switch it to gas and be done with it for awhile.

Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:53 AM

Very sorry to see this. I am glad no one got hurt.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:55 AM

Wow that is ugly - I would say if that engine was cursed you done exorcised that thing right proper - what ever evil was inside got out!
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:04 AM

oh man bill..... this is not good......
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:15 AM

Bill...that just ain't right! One of the reasons I don't race as often as I'd like is the breakage factor! I'm on a VERY tight budget and if I hurt the motor or trans,the X would be sitting for a LONG time! I only wish you the Best of Luck gettin' the motor back together! Randy
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

x2 but stock block and no studs on the mains with all that power is really riskin it... hopefully 3rd time around will be the charm for him . good luck bill

I agree, thats why I tend to over do it when I build something. Glad ya werent hurt, and the car is still blue.

Id keep your head up man, sorry to see the carnage.

Kasey
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:32 AM

real sorry Bill, i wondered about re-using those rods.
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:36 AM

Wow Bill! After watching all you have gone through, I am inclined to say you are cursed! Sorry for all of the bad luck you have had.

My car runs the same times as yours, but weighs ~3900 lbs. I run a stock 440 block, and have been beating on the same motor for 3 seasons now. I spray a 175 shot from start to finish.

Hope you get it back together soon!
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:37 AM

Well theres a couple things you can do.....Find the problem before it happens again. As said by some one else, build a less powered motor and have fun with it for the rest of the season. Or just walk away and help your daughter out for the rest of the year.
Racing is racing if your going 8's or 12's. I do feel for you as ive been there myself with a new motor, after that I put it together myself. Best of luck Bill, figure it out, fix the problem and get back to racing. Dont let it get you down....Phill
Posted By: dodgeram1998

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:57 AM

I would be thinking the same thing "cursed", I hate when I think like this, sorry to see this happen to you !!!!
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:01 AM

Bill, I wish your day could have been better when I talked with you yesterday. I don't have anything to say but sorry. Have you talked with Scott yet? Beep
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:08 AM

Sorry to see this...........I`ve been away for a while and posted about you new found et`s then I see this. It`s not fair to say that you`re cursed but, if you really are making the power stated then unfortunately the weak link was found.......
Posted By: Butch

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:37 AM

Wow Bill , this Cinderella story has turned into a horror story. If it were me I'd be inclined to park it for this year and concentrate on Gina and the kids racing.

Sometimes you just have to walk away for your own good.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:38 AM

Bill...so sorry to hear this....I'm having the same season. Do you have a spare block?
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:40 AM

Quote:

BTW I have a theory about Rotella T that is starting to carry weight.

oil didn't do that
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:49 AM

Bill,

Oh Man! You don't deserve this.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:55 AM

Wow Bill that really sucks. I've been following your progress I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of this. No pun intended.
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 04:28 AM

Sorry Bill You dont deserve this kinda frustration. Glad you and your kids are ok thats all that matters.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 04:55 AM

sorry to hear that bill hope you have better luck soon.
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 04:57 AM

BUMMER////// sorry to see this
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 05:22 AM

I feel your pain brother. Lost three engines over an 18 month period a few years ago so I know what you are feeling.

I think I am the king for odd ball problems. My current B1 deal has had a Cam go bad. I am waiting on its replacement now. That is the second cam issue I have had the last few years, this time is lost it's heat treat. Switching manufactures and waiting for a new bumpstick.

Keep your head up. I know it will turn around but on occasion this stuff will certainly test your intestinal fortitude.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 05:34 AM

Posted By: 72demon416

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 06:42 AM

I thought only my luck was that bad...
Seeing this happen to you brings back that sickening feeling that I've experienced too many times over.
Sorry to hear of this Bill.

Rick
Posted By: rebel

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 07:59 AM

you think the blue paint made it go soft?
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 09:28 AM

Man, am sorry for your loss. Damn.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 10:41 AM

Awe man, that really sucks Bill. Was really hoping you could catch a break this time.
Posted By: dc426

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 11:12 AM

Wow, that really stinks. Talk about a run of bad luck
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 11:13 AM

Sorry to see this That would put me out for the year. Take some time to regroup if you have to.
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 11:53 AM

Quote:

Bill...so sorry to hear this....I'm having the same season. Do you have a spare block?

I said it once and I'll say it again
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 12:06 PM

I am sorry for your problems Bill and hope things turn around. Let the board know what you find during disassembly.
Posted By: Thor500

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 12:50 PM

That absolutely sucks, put a junkyard pump-gas short block under your heads and run some mid-low 11's and chill for a while. I feel your pain dude!
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:06 PM

Bill,I respect Scott and your relationship and understand your's and his frustrations. If we can be of any help,we have a few "budget" engines that we have taken in on trade for BGR engines.You are welcome to stop in and see if any of them can help your situation.This offer is in no way intended to disrespect or demean anyone,just an offer of racers helping racers and maybe a quick fix to salvage the rest of the season.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:27 PM

Gentlemen, thank you very much.

First off, from what we can see through the block it looks like # 3 & 4 rods. Those were the 2 replaced.

No, I don't have a another block.

BG, No need for you to appologize for your offer. U know your not the type of person that would go around stepping on other peoples toes. Jist a freind that's trying to help.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:30 PM

Posted By: tboomer

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:31 PM

Bill....I am so sorry to read this...Kudos to BGR for the kind offer...I am sure you will figure something out...Good luck,buddy!! I am pullin for ya!!

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:47 PM

Bill do you have a plan of attack yet... are you going
to build another now... I can check what I have for
BB blocks for ya... I know that I have some BB stuff
(stock 440) sitting in the corner
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 01:56 PM

OH MY!

Speechless simply speechless

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:01 PM

Yep this definatly sucks, and I hate to be the one to say it, but for what ya spent on 2 engine failures, machining, and parts and pieces, you could have possibly saved some headaches by building it with some billet main caps, studs, and a callies crank. May not have been the issue here, possibly a bad set of rods, but something had to cause this, tight rod clearances maybee?

MAN this just has to Kick ya in the bearries. Hope ya get things going. If I wasnt in Nebraska, Id have ya a 440 hp block sitting in your shof for ya to have. Its no use to me, and my dads not gonna race anymore so this block isnt needed.

Again keep your head up...

Kasey

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:10 PM

Mike, I have no plan as of yet.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:15 PM

Those were K1 rods werent they?
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:26 PM

wow bill so sorry to see and hear about your engine. I have a 1973 cast crank 440 that you are more than welcome to use. just needs push rods and rockers.it ran a best of 11.84 at 110 in my dart. this is the engine that i pulled out to replace with the new 440. man with all the problems you have had this year. I am allmost scared to death to start mine. being i am the one who put it to geather and i am not that good at this stuff.all i can say is keep your chin up and i wish you the best of luck on what ever you decide to do next time.thanks Bobby

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:27 PM

Quote:

Mike, I have no plan as of yet.

When you do.. shoot me a PM and I'll see what I have
I know I have MOST of the parts to build my big dollar
514... lacking a cam and lifters.... but I also have
some stock stuff... let me know... chin up buddy

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 02:31 PM

Quote:

Yes they were.

Scott's inital thought were possibly an oil sarvation under decel.

To make as many pulls as we did on the Dyno with no issues it has to be something with the way it reacts to my car.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes they were.

To make as many pulls as we did on the Dyno with no issues it has to be something with the way it reacts to my car.

What oiling system do u run? I`ve been running a hv pump,1/2" pickup and 8-quart pan for 10+ years and race w/only 6-quarts and don`t have that issue..... Somethings not right about that. Hope u figure it out.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 03:34 PM

need to get a Priest to bless your car when you get it all together again...get that VOODOO crap off of it...
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 04:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes they were.

So sorry Bill,

FWIW, when I have a "8 qt pan" I start by running at least 10 qts, maybe more.

When I first started racing blown motors I was putting in 10 qts, Then with the wipple blower we went to 12-13 Qts and then with the PSI blower we went to 18 qts still using the same pan design. I know blown motors are much different , but a 8 qt pan don't always hold 8 qts.

Sorry again about your troubles.

What did I say about "not getting attached to my race parts"?

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 04:42 PM

I would think with a 8 qt. pan and HV pump,running 7-8 qts. with a good filter,it would be good to go!???
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 05:13 PM

Bill, sorry to hear. I don't want to talk about curses. I just got the new 513 back in the 51 after two failures. Knock on wood.

Diego

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 05:17 PM

Quote:

I would think with a 8 qt. pan and HV pump,running 7-8 qts. with a good filter,it would be good to go!???

HV oil pumps are why more oil is needed.

Don't have any idea what Bill was using or what happened. Good luck Bill from here on out.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 05:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't have any idea what Bill was using or what happened. Good luck Bill from here on out.

Again, 6-quarts,10+ years and zero issues............some myths were meant to be broken. 12+ quarts as you stated seems crazy to me but whatever works.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 05:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Again, 6-quarts,10+ years and zero issues............some myths were meant to be broken. 12+ quarts as you stated seems crazy to me but whatever works.

With boost, oil don't want to drain.

No BS 18 qts per run, most times we throw it away after each run. Maybe 2 runs but that's it. Cheaper and safer than repairs.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 06:00 PM

That`s crazy and can only imagine the amount of windage taking place......
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 06:31 PM

Not to mention the amount of HP that's lost.

I run 7 qts total including the filter in my milodon center sump to 7200 without any problems.
Posted By: emarine01

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 07:18 PM

This is startin to hurt my head and its not even my engine I hope the tare down inspection reveals the problems, hang in there fella
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 07:44 PM

I would be looking for the sucker that has the little blue engine with all the needles stuck in it. You might have to hang a dead chicken around your neck till it rots off. Oh wait that is the cure for chicken killing dogs. Let me think what cures the engine curse. Sorry Bill but you have to laugh to keep from crying.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 08:01 PM

WOW, this just makes me want to cry. and it's not even mine.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 08:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes they were.

What oiling system do u run? I`ve been running a hv pump,1/2" pickup and 8-quart pan for 10+ years and race w/only 6-quarts and don`t have that issue..... Somethings not right about that. Hope u figure it out.

Ditto here, 6 qts in the 8 qt pan. I'm usually 7200 in the lights with 80psi. 10.50's at 127

been known to drain a pint if I can't get to 10.50..
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 09:45 PM

Sorry Bill....keep your head up. [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] happens, shrug it off best you can and keep steppin forward.
Posted By: superbee500

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 10:42 PM

Good luck getting it back together
Kevin
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/12/10 11:48 PM

I dont think you are cursed. Sorry to see this for you. Keep your head up!
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 12:31 AM

What an ultimate bummer. Tough luck Bill. Sorry.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 01:32 AM

Dam that sucks
Posted By: Dap

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 10:51 AM

I was not expecting to be reading this. Yes it does suck. Are you going to get into a Koleno block down the road?? I have to start looking into one of these myself pretty soon.
Posted By: Dads426

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 11:49 AM

Bill,

If you need a RB block, check with BG. He has 4 of my blocks in his shop. You are welcome to one for what I have in it (pressure test and sonic check).
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 12:45 PM

Quote:

Gentlemen, thank you very much.

First off, from what we can see through the block it looks like # 3 & 4 rods. Those were the 2 replaced.

Glad it wasn't the rods, Bill, sounds like Scott is on to something...

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 02:22 PM

Quote:

Bill,

If you need a RB block, check with BG. He has 4 of my blocks in his shop. You are welcome to one for what I have in it (pressure test and sonic check).

Thanks very much for the offer but I'm afraid I'm tapped out.

I'll just have to concentrate on my kids racing.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 02:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bill,

Don't let the frustrations take you down,I'am sure we can get you something together from all the stuff here,come on over.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Don't let the frustrations take you down,I'am sure we can get you something together from all the stuff here,come on over.

Thats what I love about Mopars.. Moparts.. and racing in general.. you all really step up when a man is down..
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 05:25 PM

Quote:

Bologna!!
Come on guys our old stock stuff is way tougher than that, even with stock rods, and cast crank
Cant blame the main cap bolts or the block. Something else wasnt right.
It could have been a hundred things that cause this. Fact is you can never know with absolution that something is built proof, no matter what..
Your luck has to get better Bill, not much other way it can go.
I solute you in your enthusiasm, hard work and dedication..
Bill Im sorry for you loss, wish i could help...Id think about taking up Brother Bob's offer for a engine.. Heck just think of it as a loaner.
Id like to see you boys come down this way for the Clay City show in the first week in October..

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 05:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bologna!!
Come on guys our old stock stuff is way tougher than that, even with stock rods, and cast crank
It could have been a hundred things that cause this. Fact is you can never know with absolution that something is built proof, no matter what..
Bill Im sorry for you loss, wish i could help...Id think about taking up Brother Bob's offer for a engine.. Heck just think of it as a loaner.
Id like to see you boys come down this way for the Clay City show in the first week in October..

"Please forgive them,for they know not of what they speak".A quote from someone else smarter than me.

If it's the same two rods,I would be looking carefully at the crank,oiling system and the deck and bore for witness marks of interference.If it's at the end journals,I would check the line bore and crank straightness/indexing.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 10:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bologna!!

"Please forgive them,for they know not of what they speak".A quote from someone else smarter than me.

If it's the same two rods,I would be looking carefully at the crank,oiling system and the deck and bore for witness marks of interference.If it's at the end journals,I would check the line bore and crank straightness/indexing.

"same two rods/journal...". Pretty much would concentrate my studying to the crank in that area.
Also,,Bill, you ask, "Am I cursed?"
I ask,,"Have you cursed?"
I know I would!!! Good luck.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/13/10 10:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bill,

Man, that's a huge gesture.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 12:19 AM

awesome gesture by BG all I was saying is 780Hp with a stock block and main bolts is scary..

good luck bill BG is a true racer
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 02:20 AM

Quote:

Scott's inital thought were possibly an oil starvation under decel.

Bill what did the oil pressure gauge say on decel? That's something you really need to be watching, especially with problems. Sorry to hear about this, just makes me wanna

I run a 7 quart 440Source FAB aluminum pan with 8 quarts of oil, single line static external with standard volume Melling pump.

That's a very nice offer from BG.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 02:42 AM

Bill....I have my spare short block in the shed....it's dirty and crusty but ran 6.60's in the Arrow at one point. It will need some loving but probably not much....It's yours...I'll even haul it to BGR for you so he can work his magic... ...now that I'm part of the BGR family...even if I'm Bob's Redheaded Stepchild ...I caught his "pay it forward" attitude...lets get you out buddy

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 02:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bill,

the result of you struggle is hard to accept or maybe easy because you dont have a choice in some aspects.when you get ready to continue we will be there for you.good luck with the rest of the family racing!will you take the engine to scott for inspection?or will it sit untel you feel like dealing with it? talk to you soon.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 02:53 AM

Quote:

Bill....I have my spare short block in the shed....it's dirty and crusty but ran 6.60's in the Arrow at one point. It will need some loving but probably not much....It's yours...I'll even haul it to BGR for you so he can work his magic... ...now that I'm part of the BGR family...even if I'm Bob's Redheaded Stepchild ...I caught his "pay it forward" attitude...lets get you out buddy

All I have to say is that these bunch of guys are class act!! Great bunch of guys here period.

I proud to be a member.

Kasey

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 03:02 AM

Quote:

Nice one Eric

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 03:08 AM

I agree, these guys are a class act for sure

Mike, yes I wil be taking it back to Scott's for the autopsy.

Eric, You will have a PM shortly
Posted By: 63CandyMatic

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 03:11 AM

I'm also proud of the brotherhood and kindness being shown by the members.
Posted By: BIG BEAR

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 03:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Nice one Eric
[/quote

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 03:40 AM

The BEST reason to be a Moparts member!!! You GUYS are AWESOME!!!
Posted By: rook440

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 05:00 AM

you guys are the best !!!!!!!!

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 10:27 AM

Yupp...This board is the best!! Lots of good folk here...I have to give a thumbs up to BGR myself...Curt jr. was getting a care package ready for me!! Nice young fella on the phone...Just like his gramps!!
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/14/10 04:39 PM

Quote:

The BEST reason to be a Moparts member!!! You GUYS are AWESOME!!!

WoW!!!!
Posted By: 440forPOWER

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/15/10 04:21 PM

Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/15/10 04:59 PM

Ok lets get the parts rolling in - I got a new single bolt rollmaster timing chain for you! Do with it what you want - use sell it or trade it for what you need - when I saw you at Thompson last week you looked like a little frazzled - been down that road before don't give-up!
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/15/10 10:04 PM

Bill this just plain SUCKS! I hope you get back together and you can enjoy it soon.
Steve
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 12:29 AM

If you would have painted that engine green this never would have happened.

Sorry Bill...I was hoping to see you at Norwalk in September, hopefully I still will.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 05:51 AM

DD, frazzeled would be an understatment

I apperciate the gererousity. Hopefully I didn't kill the new chain. Never thought of that

Kathy, I don't think Gina will let me sit Norwalk out. It's one of the few times she gets go get out and race her car.

I wonder if they will have Jrs running?
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 11:57 AM

Well, at least I'll see you and I'll get to meet Gina too.

Good luck with it, I really hope you get something figured out. I don't have much in the way of big block stuff but I have a running 318 you could pop in there.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 12:46 PM

Quote:

Well, at least I'll see you and I'll get to meet Gina too.

Good luck with it, I really hope you get something figured out. I don't have much in the way of big block stuff but I have a running 318 you could pop in there.

I thought you had 429s and were going blue oval!

I have a running 318 beast also if you think your car can handle it Bill.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 04:44 PM

Bill, been meaning to give you a
but it's been around here

You and Scott still have my support on the gaskets! I made a commitment so whatever it takes to get you

Greg

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 05:01 PM

With any luck I didn't destroy any.

I used no glue on them and only dabbed silicon where things like the timing cover meets the pan so they should come off clean and be reusable.
Posted By: Bubba

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 05:20 PM

Sorry for another loss Bill... This stuff is exactly why I had to stop the bleeding and sell when I did...

On a brighter note...

You have alot of good people here on Moparts to help you out. Eric's offer shows what a good group we have. wish the best for ya....

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 05:35 PM

What Bubba says!! In many ways you are blessed,Blue Boy!! Look at everyone willing to lend ya a hand!! That's karma,my freind!!
Posted By: Hunted Duck

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/16/10 07:48 PM

Hope you get something going by Norwalk
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/19/10 12:35 AM

Quote:

I've seen pic of you... I don't think you'll fit. Besides, don't they have a age limit on them things?

Sorry about your misfortune. Hopefully you'll take up some of these fine offers of help and be back running soon.

Brian Dunnigan

Attached picture 6092876-BristolDragway7-3-2010092.JPG

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/19/10 03:15 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I've seen pic of you... I don't think you'll fit. Besides, don't they have a age limit on them things?

Brian Dunnigan

Boy won't you be surprised.

When we boought Taylors car I was the first one to sit in it

I fit in there nicley.

It's a little big for her though but it's a good thing the pedals are adjustable

I'm just waiting for a track to have a parents race so I can pull all the weight off and let it fly
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/19/10 10:27 PM

You ain't right.

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/19/10 11:25 PM

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/20/10 12:08 AM

Quote:

With any luck I didn't destroy any.

I used no glue on them and only dabbed silicon where things like the timing cover meets the pan so they should come off clean and be reusable.

You really think this pan gasket survived

Not laughing at your misfortune....you'll need some gaskets for sure.
Greg
Posted By: SmokeyBurnout 67

Re: Am I cursed? - 07/20/10 04:06 AM

OUCH BILL!!! So sorry to hear this!

Yes, go get a priest to bless the engine and the car! We have Harley biker bells on the Coronet to keep demons away! I need to get you a rabbits foot too!

Good Luck Bill!
Kara
© 2024 Moparts Forums