Moparts

"Dodge Material"

Posted By: Race&Resto

"Dodge Material" - 07/11/10 05:30 PM

Okay I've got a question for ya, does anyone out there know how many 65 WO Hemi Dodge's named "Dodge Material" were actually built? This photo posted above was taken at the 08 Hemi Reunion in Ohio.

But now there is another 65 WO Hemi Dodge Coronet currently advertised for sale on ebay named "Dodge Material" too. So does anyone out there know for sure how many were actually built or lettered that way back then? I've always liked this car and I'm curious as hell to find out.
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: "Dodge Material". - 07/11/10 06:25 PM

Is it just me, or does the tach say GM in the center....
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/11/10 08:21 PM

Classracer.com thread 1

Classracer.com thread 2
Posted By: Slap Shot

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/11/10 09:59 PM

ouch just read the auction where did the factory vin tag get to, they are spot weilded on those cars.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/11/10 11:15 PM

I remember way back in the day at 42 there were two of them running at the same time
I cant remember if they were in the same class though
Gus
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/11/10 11:31 PM

Quote:

Okay I've got a question for ya, does anyone out there know how many 65 WO Hemi Dodge's named "Dodge Material" were actually built? This photo posted above was taken at the 08 Hemi Reunion in Ohio.

But now there is another 65 WO Hemi Dodge Coronet currently advertised for sale on ebay named "Dodge Material" too. So does anyone out there know for sure how many were actually built or lettered that way back then? I've always liked this car and I'm curious as hell to find out.

Why not call Bob at Eastland Crane and ask him, I spoke with Bob at the Div. 3 points meet recently in Indy, very approachable guy, I am sure he will be @ martin this weekend for the CC events.

Joey

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 06:31 PM

Quote:

Classracer.com thread 1

Classracer.com thread 2

Thanks for the heads-up on the two links, I must have missed those ones!

Quote:

ouch just read the auction where did the factory vin tag get to, they are spot welded on those cars.

I wonder if it has anything to do with a couple of the cars being stolen years ago, (read the links above). Maybe that's why the vin# was popped off the car back then???

Quote:

I remember way back in the day at 42 there were two of them running at the same time. I cant remember if they were in the same class though.
Gus

Come to think of it I also recall seeing a photo of two Dodge Material cars racing each other in an old Super-Stock magazine as well.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 06:51 PM

Being from central Ohio I can definitely tell you there were at least 2 of these cars running at the same time. One driven by Bob Marshall and another driven by Bo Weekley IIRC.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 07:53 PM

They have the one that Bob races, another one that his son Craig races as well as a SS/AM car that is not an original car but is named Dodge Material. He had the one on ebay a long time ago that Weakley drove. But he only has the three right now, 2 being original.

Casey

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 09:00 PM

So after reading peoples comments here and on those Classracer links provided, it looks like there were five cars, but were all of them original 65 WO Hemi cars, because two were stolen and two are second owned that were painted & lettered up in Dodge Material colors.

According to the ebay ad the one that's currently for sale was originally a white 65 WO Coronet, just like one of the photos posted on Classracer of the white Dodge Material Coronet. So is it safe to say that this is the same car that's currently for sale? I hate tracking cars history down!
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 09:11 PM

I know for a fact that bob marshall has 2 65 cars i think that they both are clones that are still being raced. and the real one is at home in his garage... plus they have 2 dodge material dusters and a wonna be dodge material grand am. Ill make a call and find out for sure.

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 09:18 PM

bob has 2 originals and one clone.

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/12/10 09:30 PM

Any chance you could talk to Bob again and get him to chime in here on Moparts, and possibly fill in some of the holes on some of the comments being posted. It sure would be nice to hear some stories straight from the owner of these old Dodge Material cars himself, as well on what he thinks about the 65 WO Coronet "roller" that is currently being offered for sale.

Posted By: nss guy

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/13/10 12:37 AM

Also has a one of one pontiac grand am ss/am dodge material...........
Posted By: dvw

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/13/10 01:31 AM

The Weakley car was owned for many years by Steve Atwell. To the best of my knowledge it was a real A990 car. It still had the "Dodge Material " lettering on it when I first drove it for Steve. I helped peel the lettering off. This would have been around 1991. He sold it last summer. It had been known as the "Hemi Blues" running in Pro Nostalgia in the NSCA.
Doug

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/13/10 01:57 AM

So what I figured out is that bob did sell that car to weakley.. and its the real deal. It should have a plate on the inside of the door with x of 50. and the guy I was talking to is real good friends with bob and craig and was trying to tell them about this.
Posted By: 69dart

Re: "Dodge Material" - 07/14/10 06:37 PM

Last year during the Mopar Nationals Bob had several of the cars lined up in front of his station on Hamilton Road. He has some amazing cars for sure.
© 2024 Moparts Forums