Moparts

Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits...

Posted By: thecarfarmer

Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 06:54 AM

...besides Indy?

I've seen their kit; wanted to know what other options there are out there.

-Bill
Posted By: rebel

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 08:48 AM

mezzaire sell the pump. it requires no kit to install but if you want to run accessories you need to be good at fabricating new mounting points & brackets.

Attached picture 6071131-Picture616.jpg
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 12:00 PM

We use the Indy,quite simple and effective,Donnies 605"Hemi never see 195* and is 175* by the time he gets back to the pits.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 01:01 PM

Mezzaire sells plates that accept fittings if you want to run a remote mounted pump , also have seen a manifold of some sort also for use with a remote mount pump.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 02:05 PM

I believe AndyF sells block fittings as well. I have used the Meziere ones but now use the Mesiere pump. The Indy set up it simply a "manifold" that uses a SBC pump. I believe it is less costly to just use the Meziere pump.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 03:03 PM

There are several options. I sell water manifolds that bolt onto the block to use with a remote pump. You can hook up the lines to reverse cool if you want or you can run the lines in the normal way.

I also have a Meziere reverse flow water pump for sale. It was in the for sale section last month but I haven't gotten the ad posted yet this month.

Attached picture 6071453-AR245jesel.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/06/10 03:06 PM

This is what the Meziere pump looks like. It is a simple bolt on pump that pushes the water flow in reverse. You need to hook up the two outlets to your radiator with a Y fitting or install two inlets in the top tank.

Attached picture 6071459-wp307.jpg
Posted By: 440truc

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/14/10 02:37 AM

CSR makes a reverse flow pump, does anyone know anything about them? I am looking into getting one. CSR is out of stock right now but there is some on ebay for $499 with fittings!
Posted By: Tig

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits. - 07/14/10 04:02 PM

Are they really worth any hp?
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/14/10 04:39 PM

Quote:

CSR makes a reverse flow pump, does anyone know anything about them? I am looking into getting one. CSR is out of stock right now but there is some on ebay for $499 with fittings!

I have the csr pump. i like it. My car runs 160-175.

Posted By: 440truc

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/14/10 07:21 PM

Any idea how it would be on the street?
Posted By: thehemikid

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/14/10 08:27 PM

...Also, doesn't Mesiere have a pump that has a 55 gph rating.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/14/10 09:55 PM

Quote:

...Also, doesn't Mesiere have a pump that has a 55 gph rating.

yes they have them. i just bought one in black.
Posted By: chryco

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits... - 07/15/10 02:32 AM

I`ve got the Indy and my557 stays under 200 .

Attached picture 6086580-IMG_2189.jpg
Posted By: rebel

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits. - 07/15/10 05:45 AM

Quote:

Are they really worth any hp?

well the story as i was told goes like this... if the heads are first to get the cooled water then you can increase timing & fuel so with less chance of detonation you get to make more power. does it???? not sure, i had cooling issues before i bought my mezzarie reverse flow & i added an alloy radiator since it needed -12 fittings for the water return. i'm definately running faster than i used to but couldn't say 100% it was all related to the pump deal.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reverse cooling a big block; who sells parts/kits. - 07/15/10 03:20 PM

My reverse flow waterpump started leaking and I got a replacement from Harbor Freight that with a little modification seems to be working as well as the old pump. Just a little noisy
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?category=&q=waterpump+12+volt

Just thought I would throw that out there in case you get in a bind. I tried a boat supplier but they were out.

© 2024 Moparts Forums