Moparts

MSD Dist. RB to B conversion

Posted By: yellowsubNSS

MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 01:29 PM

Im trying to stop the bleeding from my wallet on the new 499 build and i'm down to changing out my tall deck Distributor to a low deck. I got this bright thought in my head to call MSD and see if I could just change out the shaft to turn it into the low deck height dist. He quickly blurted out a part number saying this is what I need. only $ 37.00 + freight.
Any of u guys ever perform this surgery on yours?
And to think that they use to sell a spacer that cost double that amount to make them interchange.
Posted By: The Avg. Valiant

Re: MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 01:39 PM

I wasnt able to get either part from Summit or Jegs. I waited 3 months then just ordered the right dist.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/02/10 01:58 PM

Posted By: yellowsubNSS

Re: MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 02:21 PM

LOL... I guess I know myself to well. Will prob. have another tall deck in it in the near future.
It was on my mind though.
Posted By: mac56

Re: MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 02:39 PM

If what you are asking is it hard to change the shaft the answer is no. It only takes a few minutes. It is almost the same process as locking out the distributor. I made a spacer for mine from specs someone here posted but I'm not happy with the engagement to the pump drive. I may just cut the shaft as Fred suggested.
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 03:35 PM

Mopar sells an aluminum spacer to slip onto the shaft of a RB distributor to use it in a low deck block. Includes a longer bolt and hold down bracket. About $65 from Chicago Connection. MP number is Mopar Performance P3690275

Scott

Attached picture 6065375-rbadaptor.jpg
Posted By: mac56

Re: MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 06:14 PM

Quote:

Mopar sells an aluminum spacer to slip onto the shaft of a RB distributor to use it in a low deck block. Includes a longer bolt and hold down bracket. About $65 from Chicago Connection. MP number is Mopar Performance P3690275

Scott

I don't believe this spacer works with msd distributor. If shaft is only 37 bucks would'nt make sense.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: MSD Dist. RB to B conversion - 07/02/10 06:51 PM

The MSD distributor needs a much bigger hole in the adapter. The MP part has a hole about 1-1/8" and the MSD distributor is around 1.5" dia.

Attached picture 6065684-distspacer2MSD.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums