Moparts

Bad a$$ Baracuda

Posted By: fishy340

Bad a$$ Baracuda - 06/30/10 05:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-k7IpvNde4
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 06/30/10 06:54 PM

Yeah, that thing is flat out badass.
There are several other vids of it running on "private tracks".
Sounds vicious as all hell too.
Too bad it got wrecked.

Doesn't the owner post here????
I swear I saw him post here the other day, or is that a new owner?
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 06/30/10 08:11 PM

what is cool about almost killing someone and wrecking your car?
Posted By: WadeMetzinger

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 06/30/10 09:54 PM

Wayne Smoothers bought that car "Brown Sugar" from those guys and is putting it back together. He Moparts name is Big_Squeeze and he lives near Tulsa, OK.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 06/30/10 10:09 PM

Quote:

Who almost got killed... Lighten up will ya

Bad Azz Vid

Rickster

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 06/30/10 10:42 PM

i agree w rickster...when ur racing for big big$ u give it all u got i guess..lighten up i like that.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 12:22 AM

Quote:

i agree w rickster...when ur racing for big big$ u give it all u got i guess..lighten up i like that.

yep, and too bad wheelies don't win races either. Did you notice the Ford go bye him before his wheels came down?

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 12:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

yep, and too bad wheelies don't win races either. Did you notice the Ford go bye him before his wheels came down?

True, but he won the crowd I bet

Rickster
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

the car was set up for SREET action and the guy in the mustang wouldnt run him with the wheelie bars on he went by him because .it was being peddled trying to get it to come down. a tie rod end broke as soon as it went air born
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

the car was set up for SREET action and the guy in the mustang wouldnt run him with the wheelie bars on he went by him because .it was being peddled trying to get it to come down. a tie rod end broke as soon as it went air born

Actually, the rack broke loose from the K-frame when it came down.........

and Get-U-Sum never raced it with weenie bars, but he did jack the car up and pushed the rear tires out to give it that old Super Stock stance, and since the CG went up, the thing wheelstood......

Get-U-Sum had just bet him $2,500 and gave the Mustang the break........

I'd actually been trying to buy the car two months before it got wrecked......
Posted By: headhunter

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:51 AM

gus told me he had the bars in the truck with him and was trying to get him on the street but they would only track race but thats the past. how it comeing along?
Posted By: jdg68

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:53 AM

Are there any vids of Shawanda out there? I read that he made over $90k in a year with that one ('62).
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:02 AM

that car is badazz i just watched a teaser of it on the street on youtube. Got any more vids of it?

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:13 AM

sorry megadart we know u are the best! and have the fastest w5 in the northern hemisphere!
Posted By: mopar_to_ya

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 03:06 AM

I don't know about you all, but I saw a BIG RED EYE on the mustang, so as far as I'm concerned, the Cuda won!!!

Posted By: HEMI472

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 03:44 AM

Quote:

I don't know about you all, but I saw a BIG RED EYE on the mustang, so as far as I'm concerned, the Cuda won!!!

i agree.
and MegaDart you should know all about it racing your junk chevy

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 11:27 AM

Quote:

sorry megadart we know u are the best! and have the fastest w5 in the northern hemisphere!

gee thanks

been a long time since I ran W5 stuff.

Good luck with the car Wayne.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 11:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i agree.

sorry, didn't see any redlite. Bet he feels like a real ass wrecking his car as he had already won??

hemijunk, anytime you want to line them up just let me know. How many car lengths you want, I bet your a big Dinks fan as well...

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 11:52 AM

You guys stop picken on Wayne

Rickster

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 12:54 PM

I dont know about some of you guys...

But I always loved watching heads up racing with a bunch of cars all running on the ragged edge of sanity.

To me, there's nothing more entertaining.
Those guys have some cajones. I have nothing but the highest respect for them.

After seeing all the vids I've seen of Brown Sugar kicking some ass, I was sickened to see it crashed. But that's the name of the game. If you race a stout car like that, it's GONNA HAPPEN. Only question is when.

It's nice to know it's under new ownership and being fixed. I hope to see it laying down the smack once again in all it's former glory. That's one stout car.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 12:58 PM

Quote:

that car is badazz i just watched a teaser of it on the street on youtube. Got any more vids of it?

I think there are vids of it on that streetfire site and 1320racing.com

That's where I remember seeing them.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:04 PM

Quote:

But I always loved watching heads up racing with a bunch of cars all running on the ragged edge of sanity.

After seeing all the vids I've seen of Brown Sugar kicking some ass, I was sickened to see it crashed. But that's the name of the game. If you race a stout car like that, it's GONNA HAPPEN. Only question is when.

It's nice to know it's under new ownership and being fixed. I hope to see it laying down the smack once again in all it's former glory. That's one stout car.

To me, he should have been pulling gears to get the
front end back down.... you sure cant expect to win
a race with the front up 6'(or more).... JMO

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know it. But we're talking some serious personalities here. When they pull it off, it sure is cool.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:23 PM

What was Brown Sugar packin' for power back then.......or is that KGB information???

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:29 PM

Quote:

What was Brown Sugar packin' for power back then.......or is that KGB information???

That's one thing I've never been able to find out. Whatever it was that thing sounded good.
Posted By: Devilbrad

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've always like your sig pic Mr P Body!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I've always like your sig pic Mr P Body!

Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:48 PM

just do as he says - not as he does in his sig!
Posted By: BobR

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 01:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. That one was going to wreck. Driver has balls but no brains. These races pay a thousand or fiftenn hundred to win. Why risk the car on a run that was going no where. We race heads up so I understand the win at all costs mentallity but...

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. That one was going to wreck. Driver has balls but no brains. These races pay a thousand or fiftenn hundred to win. Why risk the car on a run that was going no where. We race heads up so I understand the win at all costs mentallity but...

What about all the money on the side?
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:05 PM

I also seen a car cross the centerline
First or worse right?

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:23 PM

Quote:

Good luck with the car Wayne.

Thanks......

Quote:

You guys stop picken on Wayne

Rickster

I don't think anyone's picking on me... I wasn't driving, and if I was, that wouldn't have happened.....

Quote:

gus told me he had the bars in the truck with him and was trying to get him on the street but they would only track race but thats the past. how it comeing along?

I never saw him run it with bars, and he never mentioned having any when I bought it (not that I'd want them anyway )

It's coming along slowly......I've been busy with my GTS, working on a Top Fuel car, and taking my 4 bambino's camping whenever I can......

Quote:

It's got a glide, and he went into second and it didn't go down......I know of an EASY way to get it down safely without lifting, but he didn't.....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Get-U-Sum had just bet $2,500 on that race (there wasn't a purse, it was all Grudge Race).....The Mustang got the break (he obviously left right after they staged and before the tree went down, which is perfectly OK), Brown Sugar was pulling on him, but when he started pedaling it to bring it down, that's when the Mustang went by....

Here are a few current pics.........

Attached picture 6063571-BrownSugar25-31-10.jpg

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:29 PM

Change your luck.......

Attached picture 6063584-BrownSugar35-31-10.jpg

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:35 PM

anudder.........

Attached picture 6063594-BrownSugar5-14-09005.jpg

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:43 PM

Looks beautiful What TF camp you working with, Oh yeah I love your GTS too.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 02:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks.....I've got some better pics of it, but they're HUGE and I don't feel like resizing them right this second..........

Yeah, I'm having quite a bit of fun with my GTS in a local Top Ten Street Car race that you enter, and have to defend your spot if someone calls you out.........

I did the clutch on Tim Cullinan's dragster at Chicago and Norwalk (I met Firecore Rick there ).......Tim may go to Brainerd and Reading, depending on funds......He's a nice guy.....and Rob Flynn is tuning.....

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 03:25 PM

I have always been a fan of Flynn, he is one of the best IMO. Would like to see some video of the GTS if you have any.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 03:34 PM

That car has always been legendary IMO.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 04:22 PM

Quote:

I have always been a fan of Flynn, he is one of the best IMO. Would like to see some video of the GTS if you have any.

Yeah, Rob's a GREAT guy.......Down to Earth.......and very intelligent.........There aren't too many Crew Chiefs I'd work for anymore......

I don't have any video of the car.......I usually race it at the Mid Night drags and go by myself......I'll try to get some and get it posted...

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What about all the money on the side?

I guess that's a little more inspiring but he could have hurt the other racer. I usually don't second guess drivers but this one was pretty egregious.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 05:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i agree.

sorry, didn't see any redlite. Bet he feels like a real ass wrecking his car as he had already won??

hemijunk, anytime you want to line them up just let me know. How many car lengths you want, I bet your a big Dinks fan as well...

thats not true or i would be a fan of yours

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 05:38 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone's picking on me... I wasn't driving, and if I was, that wouldn't have happened.....

Squeeze, I think Rickster was referring to me but I could be wrong. Happened once before!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 09:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Squeeze, I think Rickster was referring to me but I could be wrong. Happened once before !

Rickster
Posted By: GregCon

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 09:24 PM

I think it's great. When he goes to rebody and repaint that car he can take the opportunity to lose that silly 2 foot tall ass-backwards Chevy hood scoop. It's a win-win situation.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 09:24 PM

hey its exciting as hell...and for the most part is done @ the track! it use to get done on the streets all the time,,,now only once in a while i only put it up cause it was a crazy cool car,,,that made some awesome power...ps its a real race..not a straw tube made of chromeoly!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 09:50 PM

Quote:

I think it's great. When he goes to rebody and repaint that car he can take the opportunity to lose that silly 2 foot tall ass-backwards Chevy hood scoop. It's a win-win situation.

Wow....... Some of the Die Hard Joe Dirt Mopar guys on this site are too funny......

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 10:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Wow....... Some of the Die Hard Joe Dirt Mopar guys on this site are too funny......

Agreed
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 10:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Agreed

I dont think he would like my scoop either... cause
it wasnt stock on my car.... OH wait... they didnt
have any scoops on P-bodies

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 11:20 PM

Look guys...it's just flat-ass ugly. And Chevy inspired to boot.

It's like seeing some 101 lbs. 5'5" chick with fake boobs the size of beach balls. There's just no sense of proportion.

It's like seeing a Volkswagen Beetle with a Rolls Royce grille.

It's like summer vacation - no class.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 11:26 PM

Quote:

It's like seeing some 101 lbs. 5'5" chick with fake boobs the size of beach balls. There's just no sense of proportion.

But that's YOUR opinion........ Didn't yo momma teach you to keep your mouth shut unless you have something nice (or intelligent) to say?

One could argue that it looks like a taller version of the '70 Roadrunner hood......

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/01/10 11:51 PM

Quote:

It's a race car and things are done to race cars to make them fast not to look good. Maybe you should be in the resto section.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 12:14 AM

Quote:

I just LOVE how you "big tire" guys say how you would have done this or that, when fact is, you have NO CLUE what it takes to make a small tire stock frame car work with big power. ANYBODY can make a big tired, lightweight go cart work!!!!
The only thing you would have done in that driver seat would have been SOIL YOUR BRITCHES!

And oh, by the way, That car sold (crashed) for more than your cheby is worth at its best.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 01:13 AM

hey mopar to va!you get up

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 01:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I just LOVE how you "big tire" guys say how you would have done this or that, when fact is, you have NO CLUE what it takes to make a small tire stock frame car work with big power. ANYBODY can make a big tired, lightweight go cart work!!!!
The only thing you would have done in that driver seat would have been SOIL YOUR BRITCHES!

And oh, by the way, That car sold (crashed) for more than your cheby is worth at its best.

I don't understand why you're quoting me??? I've never owned a Chevy .....I own the car now, know EXACTLY why it wheel stood, and know how to keep it from happening....YOU on the other hand just like to talk about things you know nothing about...

If you know what causes a wheel stand, preventing them is easy.....

By what you've written, it's obvious you're the one that doesn't have a clue what it takes to make ANY car "work".....

Yet another typical Die Hard Joe Dirt Mopar Guy that doesn't know near as much as he wants his mullet wearing friends to think......

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 01:46 AM

Quote:

I see nothing wrong with this!!!!!!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 01:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I see nothing wrong with this!!!!!!

I concur.........
Posted By: Twin Turbo Mower

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 02:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks.....I've got some better pics of it, but they're HUGE and I don't feel like resizing them right this second..........

Yeah, I'm having quite a bit of fun with my GTS in a local Top Ten Street Car race that you enter, and have to defend your spot if someone calls you out.........

I did the clutch on Tim Cullinan's dragster at Chicago and Norwalk (I met Firecore Rick there ).......Tim may go to Brainerd and Reading, depending on funds......He's a nice guy.....and Rob Flynn is tuning.....

Hey squeeze whats the rules for your local street car race? I been thinking of taking my car to a few other tracks next year. My local track had a street tire class I ran in, but they put a index of 7.30's on it.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 03:03 AM

Some people's kids.....

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 04:33 AM

Quote:

Hey squeeze whats the rules for your local street car race? I been thinking of taking my car to a few other tracks next year. My local track had a street tire class I ran in, but they put a index of 7.30's on it.

Coming from Illinois would be a pretty long haul for no more than what it'll pay and how often you'll have to show up to defend your spot or move up.....It's really geared toward getting local guys to bring their stuff out regularly......

Basically, the only rule is that the cars must run on a DOT tire.......

We meet at a spot in Tulsa, drive to the track about 10 miles, and get it on......You put $20 into a pot (one time) to join the race, and then you put $10 in the pot each time you call someone out and try to move up the ladder.........At the end of the year, the pot is split between the Top Ten........When you first get in, you're running for the number 15 spot and have to move up from there........

Car ONLY matters, anyone can drive (its the car not the driver)...

You Have 1 FULL week to answer a callout. If you CANNOT answer a callout you lose 1 spot and so on... IF you are at the track WITH your car and are called out YOU MUST answer the callout (you can only be called out on 2 spots a night unless agreed upon between #3 and so on that night)...

If you cannot make a midnight on a callout and agree on getting it done at TNT thats between you guys...

If you are on the list and cannot meet tech (to fast, no cage, etc.) you will lose 1 spot per callout until you are off the list or meet requirements!

Tire Limit 295/65/15,16 DR's and 28x13.50 ET Streets... 17's and up whatever DOT tire u can get... ALL TIRES MUST BE DOT APPROVED!!

NO LEXAN WINDOWS except back windows on trucks (per down bars)

Right now, I'm number 2, but I'm hoping to move up to number 1 within the next couple weeks......I'm changing a few things on my car......
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 04:45 AM

Threads like this are the reason why I don't hang out here much anymore. No offense to any of the big tire racers on this board, but, until you have built and strapped yourself into a 1000+ HP car, on a little tire, you have no right to make any of the comments that I have read in this thread.

Big Squeeze - Keep on keepin on, bro! There are a handful of us that are stupid enough to build small tire Mopars, and we still get flack. Classic.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 01:51 PM

I'm a big tire guy but I have nothing but respect for the small tire guys and how fast they can go with them. Lots of time and energy working on those set ups. Fun to watch too.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 02:18 PM

Quote:

Threads like this are the reason why I don't hang out here much anymore. No offense to any of the big tire racers on this board, but, until you have built and strapped yourself into a 1000+ HP car, on a little tire, you have no right to make any of the comments that I have read in this thread.

Big Squeeze - Keep on keepin on, bro! There are a handful of us that are stupid enough to build small tire Mopars, and we still get flack. Classic.

Try doing it with 2700 HP. What's up Chris?
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 02:31 PM

Quote:

yeah I mean did you see all the donkeys in the burn-out box? and sorry if you're that out of shape for that long you get out of it.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 03:12 PM

Quote:

I agree. There's definitely got to be a lot more to it. Which is why I find this type of racing so much more entertaining.

I love your car BTW. Awesome!
Posted By: streetking

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 08:24 PM

OK I have looked at this B.S. enough, and I usually dont respond to panty waste mopar goobs that have never done anything but tell B.S. stories about the Hemi car they had, or how fast their car is, but wont bet a dime on the monster.. I have made more 7 and 8 second pass on 10.5 or smaller tires and gambled more $$$$$$ on street/grudge races than probably everyone else on this site combined so until you have raced a 3250 pound, almost 1100 hp All Motor, small tired car, for thousands of dollars, ($7500 per side, that I knew about, on that pass) on a single pass dont judge me or my capabilities, the car worked perfect at 682 above sea level at my home track but the extra 75-80 Hp it probably made at 60+ ft below sea level put the car over its edge of perfect engine and suspension tune, I clicked the car in high at about 6800-7000 rpm, ( 2000 to 1800 less than my normal shift point ) and rolled up off the throttle, as the car felt like it dropped a foot or so, and I rolled it back down to keep it from crashing to mother earth, but it went straight back up, jerking the back wheels off of the ground, I jumped off the throttle, as soon as the rear tires touched again I was back on the throttle, it rotated back up and jerked the rear wheels off a second time and rocked over on one wheel, it couldnt hold itself up on one wheel and fell hard breaking the cast aluminum on the rack and loosing the steering, I did everything that could be done other than ride the brake a little or just abort the pass, aborting was not an option. Thanks for the opinions by all you 11 second proffesional drivers but I will just keep doing it the way I do, GET MONEY and TRY TO GET TO THE FINISH LINE FIRST NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, Im not gonna abort until it is across the finish line, turned around going back toward the starting line, or against something and I cant go forward...

With that being said let me get some test pass on the new car and I will race anyone that sets anything like my car for whatever amount you can count, hell I will race most Slow Mopars that dont set anything like I do... Maybe the site can back one of the SS/AH cars so I can tear one them piles a new one with my single carb, cast manifold, wedge powered, small tire, stock suspension mopar...

P.S. if you couldnt tell in a family friendly way I am saying BITE MY A&*
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 08:42 PM

Oh snap

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 09:16 PM

That's some real chest thump en there. The only question I have is if you do something stupid and wreck the other car do you pay for damages. I already know the answer as we all take chances on the track but like I said the key word here is STUPID.
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 09:21 PM

I figured everyone knew that the orignal owner of the car that was drving it during that race was on here also...... well said StreetKing
Posted By: streetking

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 09:36 PM

Quote:

That's some real chest thump en there. The only question I have is if you do something stupid and wreck the other car do you pay for damages. I already know the answer as we all take chances on the track but like I said the key word here is STUPID.

I have been doing this for over 20 years and have never injured or hit anyones elses car, It is racing, if you want to be safe stay at home and watch it on TV.. The only thing that would be STUPID, is if you really thought you may have a chance if we lined up for CASH....
Posted By: kruger

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 09:39 PM

Double snap
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/02/10 10:04 PM

That car did alot of street racing

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/03/10 12:46 AM

i didn't realize we had all these no time boyz in here,,,very cool

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/03/10 01:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have been doing this for over 20 years and have never injured or hit anyones elses car, It is racing, if you want to be safe stay at home and watch it on TV.. The only thing that would be STUPID, is if you really thought you may have a chance if we lined up for CASH....

I've only been at it for 37 years so I'm only a rookie. 8.60's last engine. New one should go some 8.0's-8.20's. I really would like to try some nitrous before I get old but the cars only certified to 7.50.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/03/10 02:45 AM

Quote:

OK I have looked at this B.S. enough, and I usually dont respond to panty waste mopar goobs that have never done anything but tell B.S. stories about the Hemi car they had, or how fast their car is, but wont bet a dime on the monster.. I have made more 7 and 8 second pass on 10.5 or smaller tires and gambled more $$$$$$ on street/grudge races than probably everyone else on this site combined so until you have raced a 3250 pound, almost 1100 hp All Motor, small tired car, for thousands of dollars, ($7500 per side, that I knew about, on that pass) on a single pass dont judge me or my capabilities, the car worked perfect at 682 above sea level at my home track but the extra 75-80 Hp it probably made at 60+ ft below sea level put the car over its edge of perfect engine and suspension tune, I clicked the car in high at about 6800-7000 rpm, ( 2000 to 1800 less than my normal shift point ) and rolled up off the throttle, as the car felt like it dropped a foot or so, and I rolled it back down to keep it from crashing to mother earth, but it went straight back up, jerking the back wheels off of the ground, I jumped off the throttle, as soon as the rear tires touched again I was back on the throttle, it rotated back up and jerked the rear wheels off a second time and rocked over on one wheel, it couldnt hold itself up on one wheel and fell hard breaking the cast aluminum on the rack and loosing the steering, I did everything that could be done other than ride the brake a little or just abort the pass, aborting was not an option. Thanks for the opinions by all you 11 second proffesional drivers but I will just keep doing it the way I do, GET MONEY and TRY TO GET TO THE FINISH LINE FIRST NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, Im not gonna abort until it is across the finish line, turned around going back toward the starting line, or against something and I cant go forward...

With that being said let me get some test pass on the new car and I will race anyone that sets anything like my car for whatever amount you can count, hell I will race most Slow Mopars that dont set anything like I do... Maybe the site can back one of the SS/AH cars so I can tear one them piles a new one with my single carb, cast manifold, wedge powered, small tire, stock suspension mopar...

WHat about 99% of the people on here do not realize is that this happened at the track, NOT the street, IF this happened on the street it would have been a real disaster, and yea some of the street spots in this area can work as well as the track, Most guys on here are NOT street/grudge racers and just dont get this type of racing. Very cool to some of us and if you have ever ran a car on the highway for cash its an adrenaline rush you just cant describe. Now is it stupid?? For sure with cars that are very quick, and as seen in the vid, most of this type of racing is going to the track now. Streetking too bad you couldnt get it under control because you were going right by him...Those guys like to brag about beating you, thats something i would never brag about, The rest of the board on here needs to try and understand this, but if you dont get it you probably never will. Small tire Mopars that are respectable fast are a rare breed for sure

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/03/10 04:36 AM

Quote:

I don't understand why you're quoting me??? I've never owned a Chevy .....I own the car now, know EXACTLY why it wheel stood, and know how to keep it from happening....YOU on the other hand just like to talk about things you know nothing about...

By what you've written, it's obvious you're the one that doesn't have a clue what it takes to make ANY car "work".....

Yet another typical Die Hard Joe Dirt Mopar Guy that doesn't know near as much as he wants his mullet wearing friends to think......

First off SQUEEZE, i was quoting MEGADART , not you. But since you wanna run your piehole, my joe dirt junk runs very quick for what it is, and I built it, I didn't BUY IT.
Matter of fact, I was backing the Cuda not bashing it. Get ur facts straight.
I know what it's like to go fast on a small tire on the motor, and my junk aint right yet!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 01:10 AM

this topic just does not belong on here,,,,LOL
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 03:49 AM

Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 04:48 AM

SteetKing is gay but is a hell of a street racer.LMFAO.All HELL THE KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Vintage

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 05:22 AM

Quote:

There are a few,some of us were there that day. He did everything he could (the rack mount broke).He was driving around the Mustang on the rear wheels.That was a bad car.He had the ford covered easily if it stayed on Earth.

P.S.Anyone that whines about a cowl hood doesn't go fast enough to see what these 6 pack scoops do on the top end.(they try to tear off and it aint pretty)

Attached picture 6067810-Challyattrack%20(Small).jpg
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 05:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

P.S.Anyone that whines about a cowl hood doesn't go fast enough to see what these 6 pack scoops do on the top end.(they try to tear off and it aint pretty)

My slow tird duster that maybe tops out at 100(been a few years since I ran it and forgot what it was doing) in the 1/4 has a six pac hood style on it from MAS racing. and that thing you can watch it try and lift off at that speed. I would haye to see what it would do with your guy's set ups. probably break in half. I respect the big tire guys as that is what I grew up watching dad run in the 70's but WOW you small tire guys are mindblowing!!!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 06:05 AM

Quote:

this topic just does not belong on here,,,,LOL

Yeah Tony, your right,lol.
I will just stick to lurking...
All this type of thread does is cause bickering.

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 06:35 PM

Quote:

Thanks.....It's gettin there slowly....I've got some other priorities to wrap up before I can get back on it......BTW, I LOVE your car.....

Quote:

Quote:

First off SQUEEZE, i was quoting MEGADART , not you. But since you wanna run your piehole, my joe dirt junk runs very quick for what it is, and I built it, I didn't BUY IT.
Matter of fact, I was backing the Cuda not bashing it. Get ur facts straight.
I know what it's like to go fast on a small tire on the motor, and my junk aint right yet!

But you DID quote me...... ...... No biggie though......and I sold the motor to build a bigger nitrous motor.....

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 07:54 PM

My slow tird duster that maybe tops out at 100(been a few years since I ran it and forgot what it was doing) in the 1/4 has a six pac hood style on it from MAS racing. and that thing you can watch it try and lift off at that speed. I would haye to see what it would do with your guy's set ups. probably break in half. I respect the big tire guys as that is what I grew up watching dad run in the 70's but WOW you small tire guys are mindblowing!!!

Racin is racin we have big tire cars and small tire cars...It's all good

Attached picture 6068653-meatco2.jpg

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 07:56 PM

small tire

Attached picture 6068660-Jatco1.jpg

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 11:03 PM

Quote:

But you DID quote me...... ...... No biggie though......and I sold the motor to build a bigger nitrous motor.....

It's all good.
Us small tire guys gotta stick together, cause after all we are the Black Sheep!
Posted By: old yeller

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/04/10 11:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There are a few,some of us were there that day. He did everything he could (the rack mount broke).He was driving around the Mustang on the rear wheels.That was a bad car.He had the ford covered easily if it stayed on Earth.

how fast is fast?,i,ve never lost a scoop on a six pack hood
Posted By: crooksduster

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/05/10 12:37 AM

I am confused. This site is called MOPARTS. Were all Mopar guys. Who cares if your a big tire bracket racer or a small tire heads up racer. We all run and love mopars. If you wanna start an argument go to a Ford or Chevy site and argue brands with them. Us Mopar guys need to stick together. I like looking at any Mopar, street, race, all original, whatever as long as its Mopar.
Posted By: crooksduster

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/05/10 12:40 AM

Also as far as the hood argument goes ..... my car was faster with a cowl hood.
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/05/10 12:22 PM

Quote:

I am confused. This site is called MOPARTS. Were all Mopar guys. Who cares if your a big tire bracket racer or a small tire heads up racer. We all run and love mopars. If you wanna start an argument go to a Ford or Chevy site and argue brands with them. Us Mopar guys need to stick together. I like looking at any Mopar, street, race, all original, whatever as long as its Mopar.

I'm so glad someone said that. There are some here that will chastise you if you say something bad about Chevy's, and they claim to be Mopar faithful. Then they say"I never hear the Chevy guys say anyting doragatory about Mopars". Yeah right, and a pigs a$$ ain't pork.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/05/10 12:39 PM

WORD!
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/05/10 12:45 PM

Yes StreetKing. I was waitin' on your response.
You signed on the dotted line and walked the 1/4 green mile line. No one knows how it is to be in that seat better than the paper bag racer.
Can't wait till your next project as well as Squeeze's come back debut.
Give a shout when ever you both are in the dirty Apple again.
Posted By: jsmopar1072

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/05/10 11:24 PM

as soon as i saw bad ass cuda i knew what it was"brown sugar"here is a vid of it on the street taking handouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIQKg3x4Ls&feature=fvw
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/06/10 09:59 PM

**EDIT: it has been pointed out to me that my contribution here is keeping this useless thread alive and it needs to die a natural death. Therefore, NEVERMIND**
Posted By: racerx

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/06/10 10:05 PM

Bad a$$ car 4 Sho....

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/06/10 10:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually that was nice driving to "save" that deal at all. That COULD have been much worse.

But this thing about "tearing a SS/AH pile a new one"? Can you do that with the same cubes and weight? Ahhhhh...NO.

Back to the already in progress!

I will run ANY SS/HA car.....all i ask is let THEM run on a 295 drag radial and muffled like me, then the weight diff (3550 for me)and nitrous dont matter any more, My indy heads dont even begin to flow whaT they have, and my cam is tiny street grind...LMAO

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/07/10 05:40 AM

lol yea and all yer nitrous vs. their little N/A motors? yea i bet you could win that one....lol

Brown Sugar is a beast for sure tho!

Casey

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/07/10 10:20 AM

Quote:

I will run ANY SS/HA car.....all i ask is let THEM run on a 295 drag radial and muffled like me, then the weight diff (3550 for me)and nitrous dont matter any more, My indy heads dont even begin to flow whaT they have, and my cam is tiny street grind...LMAO

How bout you just run me?? You keep your little tires you guys like to brag about and your NOS. I'll run my big tire N/A.
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/07/10 07:05 PM

How bout you just run me?? You keep your little tires you guys like to brag about and your NOS. I'll run my big tire N/A.

This guy again-lol...loves to try and run street cars with his baby pro mod. Get a life!

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 07/07/10 10:12 PM

Quote:

**EDIT: it has been pointed out to me that my contribution here is keeping this useless thread alive and it needs to die a natural death. Therefore, NEVERMIND**

It could be said that the vast majority of stuff on this board is "useless".....
Posted By: LA360

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 08/04/10 03:03 AM

Is that a custom K frame in the pics of Brown Sugar? Just curious as I have not seen one like it.

Thanks
AL....
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Bad a$$ Baracuda - 08/04/10 04:16 AM

Quote:

Is that a custom K frame in the pics of Brown Sugar? Just curious as I have not seen one like it.

Thanks
AL....

Yes.......
© 2024 Moparts Forums