Moparts

Well IT'S TIME IS UP (((((UPDATE))))))

Posted By: blown572dart

Well IT'S TIME IS UP (((((UPDATE)))))) - 06/29/10 10:46 PM

UPDATED

"to put the car up for sale. Seems things are going to go from bad to worse. It has been a fun few years that I have enjoyed them very much. Some will go off and b!tch but that's ok. I will be putting a list of things together that will go along with it. The shame of it all is it was so close and yet so far away. "

Jimmy
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 10:50 PM

Man, if there`s a way to keep that bad boy I`d find it now before it`s too late but,I understand you do what ya gotta do............I`m REAL sorry to hear this.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 10:52 PM

Hey Buddy, It's very sad to hear this, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do....cars come and go....family and work always come first.

Hope it moves quickly for you

Rick
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 10:52 PM

Thats too bad, Jimmy, but i can relate...will most likely have to do the same thing. At least you will have a fun ride in your Valiant until you can afford another big project like the Dart.

Best of luck
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 10:55 PM

Quote:

Man, if there`s a way to keep that bad boy I`d find it now before it`s too late but,I understand you do what ya gotta do............I`m REAL sorry to hear this.

Ditto, VERY SORRY!!!!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 10:58 PM

that sucks Jimmy, try to find a way to keep it. you will take a huge hit if you have to sell it.you have come so far not to at least drive it once
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 11:10 PM

Never thought i would see this post from you.

Hope all works out!
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 11:18 PM

Man that sucks, I hate that for you. I have been following your ups and downs for a while now and I really feel for you. Good luck selling it.

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 11:47 PM

Quote:

that sucks Jimmy, try to find a way to keep it. you will take a huge hit if you have to sell it.you have come so far not to at least drive it once

Can't be any bigger of a hit than we are taking every month. Tony as much as I want to make that pass, the car is worth more new than with a few hits on it. As far as the hit if I get 150 for all of it I will be happy.

Quote:

Hope all works out!

Never thought I would be either

I am sure I will take a loss but someone will get a great deal trailer and all.

we spent a 3 to 400k keeping guys working without having enough work but I hated to let them go. Next time I may just have to let them go first.

Life is full of lessons and I learn from everyone that I have gone through.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 11:53 PM

Jimmy,

This really sucks and my heart aches for you. Good things come to good people so I'm sure things will turn for the better for you soon. Best of luck bro.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/29/10 11:56 PM

Jimmy,sorry to hear this,but certainly understand the sacrifice your making and respect your decision.We hope things get better for you in the future.
Posted By: Runner

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:01 AM

thats to bad, hopefully someone will buy it and take good care of it. best of luck to ya.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can't be any bigger of a hit than we are taking every month. Tony as much as I want to make that pass, the car is worth more new than with a few hits on it. As far as the hit if I get 150 for all of it I will be happy.

Quote:

Hope all works out!

we spent a 3 to 400k keeping guys working without having enough work but I hated to let them go. Next time I may just have to let them go first.

Man...My heart bleeds for you...
I had to lay everyone off, haven't worked since 2008... Only toy I have to sell is a 12 second Dakota so I figure why bother.

Good luck...
Posted By: BobR

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:32 AM

My guess is that it would be worth a lot more a running and dialed in combination.

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:36 AM

Quote:

My guess is that it would be worth a lot more a running and dialed in combination.

Oh it runs and drives too. It needs track time I agree I just can't see spending the coin on insurance and the effort. If that is what it takes we can make it happen.

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh it runs and drives too. It needs track time I agree I just can't see spending the coin on insurance and the effort. If that is what it takes we can make it happen.

In my opinion it would be wise to keep funds aside to be spent on tuning and shakedown passes at the track with the buyer and advertised as such

Rickster
Posted By: kens avenger

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 01:35 AM

Good luck... Jimmy....

BP Finally got me This week ... BUT... will see
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 02:27 AM

Sorry to hear this Jimmy, after all you have been through with the fire and everything. Its tough when you get so close to realizing your dream and have to give up on it. Maybe you can find someone to buy it who will give you first crack at it when times get better. Keep your chin up,good things eventually turn around for good people.
Posted By: abodiesonly1

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 02:27 AM

Quote:

In my opinion it would be wise to keep funds aside to be spent on tuning and shakedown passes at the track with the buyer and advertised as such

Rickster

I agree 100%. I would think with an investment of this magnitude the buyer will want some assurances.

Good luck on the sale. I hope everything works out for you.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 02:36 AM

Im in the same boat Jim...I put most of my cars up for sale..

sorry to hear about the misfortune...it will get better..
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 03:16 AM

That's a bummer to hear, but if you're in a situation where you have to sell your toy to pay personal bills, your overhead is too high anyway.....Debt free is the way to be... Good luck with the sale.....

Wayne

Attached picture 6060949-cars.......008.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 03:25 AM

Jimmy,Best of luck with the sale. We all have to do what we have to do. In the end you will have the experience of building the car that you can use if and when you decide to fall off the deep end again.

Hope all goes well for you and your business. That is what is truly important, folks like yourself are what make this the greatest country in the world. You put people to work, lets hope it stays that way and when things turn around it is bigger and better than ever.
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 03:35 AM

Wow, if it were mine before I even listed it for sale I would rent a track for a day and when I was done with it it would need a new set of slicks lol.

How can you sell that thing with all you have gone through with it and not make a pass with it?!?!?

I dont care what it cost's I would at least make sure it scared the h#ll out of me at least once!

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/30/10 03:54 AM

Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 04:22 AM

Jimmy I'm sorry to hear that you put so much time,money and effort in rebuilding it after the fire.My hats off to you still for staying with it I would have probably just walked away.

I Hope it will save your Business, the guys that are working for you are very lucky most owners would cut jobs.

I hope I'm wrong but I think once that stimulus money runs out were all in for a heap of trouble.

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 10:20 AM

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 10:24 AM

Quote:

Jimmy I'm sorry to hear that you put so much time,money and effort in rebuilding it after the fire.My hats off to you still for staying with it I would have probably just walked away.

I Hope it will save your Business, the guys that are working for you are very lucky most owners would cut jobs.

I hope I'm wrong but I think once that stimulus money runs out were all in for a heap of trouble.

Thanks all, it's not going to save the business but more to help me in the long run SH!T here sucks right now and it dose not look like it is getting better.

Do I want to let it go no way it's just one of those things.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:26 AM

My heart just sank for your troubles. I hope things improve for all.
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:40 AM

forgive me if I chap someones a$$ here I am in disbelief. I dont really mean to offend but I must say my .02

I followed the first build (I thought it was over the top, more money than god stuff) then the rebuild made the prior build look cheap.

Why would you build and rebuild a car dumping so much money in it if you didnt have pockets like Jay Leno or John Force ECT.

Please, I often wondered what it would be like to have the money that it "seemed" you had. I know this is the pot calling the kettle black. I have done my share of spent more than I should but holy crap what A wake up to reality.

I hope your business returns to prosperity as I know mine is also struggling, but we all need to be more modest in the projects we take on.

God bless, With respect henry
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:49 AM

Thats a shame after all that work....I know how ya feel though.

My brother and I have decided to partner up on a new car so I'm selling my Cuda'. I just haven't been able to bring myself to advertise it yet.

Good luck with the sale....

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:02 PM

I am not offended in any way. I will clarify a few things I am not falling apart that I need to get rid of it but the reality is it may take 1 year or more before it could be enjoyed. I for 1 can not have something sitting around collecting dust going to waste. Things could change from 1 second to the next. Yes is it a reality check sure it is, but let me ask you something ?

After the fire would you have walked away?

Would you have just let it all rot?

Not bashing anyone I have spent 4+ years working on it and spending my money on it and when things turn around I may do it again.

It all revolves around cash flow. When things are good it is easy when SH!T is PHUCKED up like it is now you have a diffrent look at things. More than anything is I can not take the time or spend the coin to go and race the car now.

The best thing to do is sell it if I can not get a resonable amount for it will just sit in the trailer and we will exercise it once a month.

Oh and who says you have to have pockets like Jay Leno or John Force ECT to build a ride like this.

That means every one who builds expensive stuff shouldn't unless they are loaded. I could go on and on but now you have my

Jimmy
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:03 PM

It's just a car, you can build another. Keep your head up and the gas peddle down, you will get through this rough spot and come out ok.
I can't wait to see your next project
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:31 PM

Hello Jimmy,

Sorry to hear this. It is tough for so many of us. I understand having to make the very hard decisions. Good luck!

Damon
Posted By: dc426

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 12:37 PM

Real life and family comes before fun (or something like that). I don't knock you one bit if you have to sell it. Look at it this way. When you do that Valiant will be a killer street car when you're done
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 02:06 PM

Quote:

but more to help me in the long run SH!T here sucks right now and it dose not look like it is getting better.

Jimmy, being a teeny tiny electrical contractor here on the West Coast, our biz took a dump in Dec of 2008 and all thru 2009... with last years sales off a good 60%... Then like magic, we got hecka busy in Jan 2010 and there are no signs of slowing down in the near future..

Speaking as a small fry to a giant.. maybe you can use whats happening to us as a barometer of what you can expect..
Posted By: mafo

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 02:09 PM

I just wish I had the money...
Posted By: go green

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 02:55 PM

That bad news . That would be one of the toughest decisions that a racer has to make. This was probably a elephant in the room for some time now though.

Attached picture 6061479-3389175250_72773c5486.jpg
Posted By: blowndart

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 04:50 PM

Quote:

.....but the reality is it may take 1 year or more before it could be enjoyed. I for 1 can not have something sitting around collecting dust going to waste.

Not bashing anyone I have spent 4+ years working on it and spending my money on it and when things turn around I may do it again.

If you spent 4 years building it, surely you could wait a year more to enjoy it.
Like everyone else, I feel for you if you feel you have to get rid of it for financial reason though. Must feel like a huge loss of time and money. I know some say "it's just a car", but to someone that's put that much money, time and effort in to creating something like that car, I can't believe you think of it as "just a car". Hope you get what you want for it, but in this brutal economy it seems hard to get rid of anything, unless it is a "fire sale" price. Good luck.
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 06:37 PM

good luck with your future endeavors jimmy!
Posted By: rebel

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 06:47 PM

any chance you could post a final photo gallery so the majority of us who can only dream about cars like this can have some more options for screensavers?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 07:00 PM

Thats a BUMMER Jimmy.... if its not sold by Feb maybe
I will be able to at least see it when I'm down in
the Orlando area
Posted By: Spode

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 07:09 PM

Sorry to hear good luck in the future
Posted By: Thor500

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 08:13 PM

This economy is kickin the crap out of alot of people, me included. Congrats though on building what I consider one of the meanest, baddest,coolest looking Mopars ever!
Posted By: emarine01

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 10:19 PM

Hey Man, Its a rare thing these days for an employer to take the big hit to keep his guys going If there were more guys like you this country would be in much better shape. I hope things come around soon, good luck
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 10:38 PM

Time will tell Jimmy..

Remember to vote in November if you don't like the way things have turned out.

Hopefully something will happen that will change things for your business..

Chin up..

Chris..

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:15 PM

Quote:

Time will tell Jimmy..

Chin up..

Chris..

like that will really do any good

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Time will tell Jimmy..

Chin up..

Chris..

no kidding I voted last time and lost

Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:58 PM

Sorry to hear the news. I do know how you feel about dumping too much money in a toy.

I will tell you my experience has been there is not a lot of people in the market for nice ($) cars right now, especially Darts
Posted By: kens avenger

Re: Well The Time has come - 06/30/10 11:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Time will tell Jimmy..

Chin up..

Chris..

We all lost ---opps and still losing

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Time will tell Jimmy..

Chin up..

Chris..

We all lost ---opps and still losing

ROLMMFAO ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 12:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope all works out!

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 12:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Time will tell Jimmy..

Chin up..

Chris..

I'm with you on that one....but we did get CHANGE, just the wrong kind

Rickster
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 01:23 PM

The thread is going down hill FAST! Let's keep on topic, about the dart! Jimmy I really feel for you. I have gone through 3 motors in the course of a year. I am with you this is the last one for La Putita, I pray it was built right and will last. WE did not take any short cuts!! If I have any major issues with the car I will let her go. I don't have the time, $$$ or patience to do it again. It's bad enough I need to take down the motor in El Picoso.

diego

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 01:51 PM

Quote:

I am not offended in any way. I will clarify a few things I am not falling apart that I need to get rid of it but the reality is it may take 1 year or more before it could be enjoyed. I for 1 can not have something sitting around collecting dust going to waste. Things could change from 1 second to the next. Yes is it a reality check sure it is, but let me ask you something ?

After the fire would you have walked away?

Would you have just let it all rot?

It all revolves around cash flow. When things are good it is easy when SH!T is PHUCKED up like it is now you have a diffrent look at things. More than anything is I can not take the time or spend the coin to go and race the car now.

The best thing to do is sell it if I can not get a resonable amount for it will just sit in the trailer and we will exercise it once a month.

Oh and who says you have to have pockets like Jay Leno or John Force ECT to build a ride like this.

That means every one who builds expensive stuff shouldn't unless they are loaded. I could go on and on but now you have my

Jimmy

The problem with that is that you will lose so much money when you sell it then spend a bunch more building another. You may be like me. I enjoy the build MUCH MORE than the ride. I have a completely restored Challenger T/A with an immensely upgraded drive train that I have driven about 100 miles total in 6+ years. I have an SC Cobra replica with a 750 HP 540 Chevy motor that has 19 miles on it in the 5 years since I finished that project. I have a nitrous assisted 540 motor 68 Camaro street car that I know has well over 100 large in that hasn't been fired in 2 years. I had a 71 Swinger race car with a B-1 head 496 that I gave my brother when it was done. He put it on the street. I understand the part about not using it but I would never sell any of my cars. They sit and wait-for me.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 02:35 PM

Would you mind taking a few good pictures of it?? ALways want to make it my background but never saw a good enough picture. Very sorry to hear of your problems. You have an amazing car.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 03:00 PM

Quote:

The problem with that is that you will lose so much money when you sell it then spend a bunch more building another. You may be like me. I enjoy the build MUCH MORE than the ride. I have a completely restored Challenger T/A with an immensely upgraded drive train that I have driven about 100 miles total in 6+ years. I have an SC Cobra replica with a 750 HP 540 Chevy motor that has 19 miles on it in the 5 years since I finished that project. I have a nitrous assisted 540 motor 68 Camaro street car that I know has well over 100 large in that hasn't been fired in 2 years. I had a 71 Swinger race car with a B-1 head 496 that I gave my brother when it was done. He put it on the street. I understand the part about not using it but I would never sell any of my cars. They sit and wait-for me.

Dang, Bob, are they hiring where you work? I'm in the wrong business.....

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 04:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I married well. I didn't mention the Outlaw 10.5 race car that I'm heavily involved with...but we use that.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 05:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I married well. I didn't mention the Outlaw 10.5 race car that I'm heavily involved with...but we use that.

Money makes the world go around or STOP..........PERIOD. those that have it get to keep going around enjoying things those that don`t well, re-read the post........... If I had the cash I used to have, I`d have an 8-second daily driver w/screws on it, hanging at the beach watchin the ladies and livin large. Reality check.........
Posted By: kick_the_reverb

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/01/10 07:56 PM

Sorry to hear about this, but as others said, there are priorities in life, and it seems you have yours straight.
Good luck to you, and thanks again for your generousity that one day in 2008

Ran
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 04:10 PM

Sorry to hear that your dream is being smashed by events none of us could have helped or prevented. Pretty sad that the government, the big shot company presidents,and banks/stock market bs have ruined all our lives to a point where we have to sell everything we have worked for all our lives just to survive You HAVE built the baddest Dart on the planet and its a shame you didnt get to blast it down the 1/4 with a few good passes, but if I remember right you did drive it to the Mickey D's drive through-correct?? Im glad I got to see it a couple years ago (pre-fire) and enjoyed the updates along the way Good luck to you and I hope everything workes out for you so you dont have to stand on a street corner holding a sign "homeless n hongey"
"please help"
"God Bless"

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/03/10 05:37 PM

Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 06:18 PM

Sorry to hear about this. I have watched this build up since the beginning and have been totally impressed every step of the way. Sometimes life gets in the way of our toys, and a responsible decision needs to me made. I don't think there is a car guy out there that has never been faced with making that choice (except for the two already mentioned..Leno and force). You can be proud of building a fantastic one of a kind ride, and if you do happen to sell it, I'm sure you will still get some satisfaction from following its journey. Best of luck in whatever happens.
Posted By: Blown61

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 06:41 PM

If you dont mind me asking what kind of business are you in??
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 07:50 PM

put it in the corner and save it. No sense taking a large hit just to off it, times will get better when everybody votes the correct way this time.

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/03/10 08:07 PM

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 09:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

put it in the corner and save it. No sense taking a large hit just to off it, times will get better when everybody votes the correct way this time.

Right on.
Jimmy, if you can, hold off selling it until after November. If things go the "right" way, the future of the economy will look more positive in short order.

yea just like it did for the last 8 years what a joke

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 09:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.
Jimmy, if you can, hold off selling it until after November. If things go the "right" way, the future of the economy will look more positive in short order.

I'm guessing you do not have your own buisness

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 09:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.

well I do, it is very small though. the point is the economy was going down the tubes long before the last 2 years. voting different wont effect it much unless you throw out all the pro politicians and put every day common people in office. ones that can add and subtract and don't spend more than we make. now if you think voting for the other party will help just go back and look. history doesn't lie.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 09:36 PM

We have to be good here but the bottom line for me is i have made more money in the last 10, well up until last quarter of last year and this year.

I do work for a large coporation and self employed buisness owners who are all hurting now.
I persoanly don't really care whether or not a person is a rep or a dem. this one just isn't doing anything to impress me especially in the gulf region right now.

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/03/10 09:38 PM

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 09:54 PM

I see this thread taking the same fate as my income.

Vanishing.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 10:05 PM

Quote:

I see this thread taking the same fate as my income.

Vanishing.

I'm SURVIVING on 80% of what I made in 2001. Race program is on hold. 5 years now. Good luck to Jimmy, and to all. I understand the pinch.

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/03/10 10:06 PM

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 10:48 PM

Quote:

I agree with the first part. The second part will change little.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 10:50 PM

I'd like the to think the mods would would let it slide at least once. I'm a noob here, but life isn't all touchy-feely. People are hurting everywhere.

Reality is that a guy is having to say good bye to a build most of can only dream about. And lot's of us are having to put our rides up for sale.

If I wanted Disney Land, I'd be on that forum.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 10:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.

well I do, it is very small though. the point is the economy was going down the tubes long before the last 2 years. voting different wont effect it much unless you throw out all the pro politicians and put every day common people in office. ones that can add and subtract and don't spend more than we make. now if you think voting for the other party will help just go back and look. history doesn't lie.

You're right, history doesn't lie. If the Organizer In Chief would wise up and follow what Reagan did to bring back a failed [Carter] economy, we'll be just fine.

but a party change like Bobr said will have little effect. until we start producing as a country again and have good paying jobs with benefits this country is doomed.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 10:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.

You're right, history doesn't lie. If the Organizer In Chief would wise up and follow what Reagan did to bring back a failed [Carter] economy, we'll be just fine.

This failed economy belongs to another potus the same party as Reagan's. The present admin has done nothing but to make it worse. If you want to discuss this bring it over to the bullet and I'll tell you there about "Reaganomics."

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 10:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.

This failed economy belongs to another potus the same party as Reagan's. The present admin has done nothing but to make it worse. If you want to discuss this bring it over to the bullet and I'll tell you there about "Reaganomics."

exactly

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/03/10 11:02 PM

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/03/10 11:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.

exactly

Quick, you must be trying to go for the record for the most times being WRONG in a single thread!
I agree on one thing, take your garbage to the bullet!

you nut bags started it. so take yours to the bullet
Posted By: dthemi

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/04/10 12:15 AM

I hope the sale goes well man. There are still folks out there buying and racing, and I'm sure who ever winds up with her will be happy to have her. Cars that nice can always bring good money.

Best of luck, and sorry for the bad turn man. The good thing is the next turn will be up.

Darren
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/04/10 03:33 AM

Quote:

The good thing is the next turn will be up.

Darren

Hope you are right Darren????? I want to believe so!
I do think you are right about higher end vehicles like Jimmy's. He should still bring a decent price for the Dart.

Damon
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/04/10 08:13 PM

Have not read all these posts and don't need to, put I will make an observation. Jimmy, if you NEED to sell it, let it go, if not, keep it until things turn around or you DO indeed HAVE to sell it. The reason I say that, is because you are going to take a serious hit on the car. I personally don't think it will bring close to 150k. Not that you don't have twice that in it, but the car is not built for any particular class. It's too heavy for a Pro-Mod, or any other serious racing class, so nobody will pay that kind of money, when you can buy used, running Pro-mods everyday, for 100k or less. It would have to be someone such as yourself, who just wants that car. My advice, put it in the trailer, put it aside until a later time.

Monte
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/04/10 08:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Right on.

exactly

Quick, you must be trying to go for the record for the most times being WRONG in a single thread!
I agree on one thing, take your garbage to the bullet!

you nut bags started it. so take yours to the bullet

KNOCK OFF THE POLITICS .... I dont want to delete
the WHOLE thread and I'm not going through to delete
each one of the political ones SO ALL of you guys
that want to be political take it else where
thank you

Post deleted by Defbob - 07/05/10 01:41 AM

Posted By: BIGBLOCK_KAT

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/05/10 02:40 AM

Sorry to hear the news Jimmy. I read your earlier post and was hoping something would come about.

Sort of know the feeling, I had to sell my '05 dually a few years ago to make ends meet and now I've come back with a better job and got an '07 dually. Things will come around
Posted By: Dodgeman67

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/05/10 03:13 AM

Dang Jimmy I hate to hear this.

But watching the two builds on here, I think you like the building of them as much as racing them. If you did really like racing them, then you would be racing and as Monte said you would have built it to run in a class.

A couple of none of my business questions, but what did it cost to build and what will be the asking price?

And what's wrong with mixing a little politics in a drag racing thread, Because those are the board owner's rules!
Again, Jimmy, sorry for you loss, all the way around.
Posted By: thecarfarmer

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/05/10 07:33 AM

Without getting too close to the
I've taken some hits in the last few years; can feel for ya'.

But one question: is it at all possible to scale the car back; sell the killer engine, and put something cheaper/easier to maintain and run in her?

Just a thought; hate to see another guy have to sell his toys.

-Bill

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 10:01 PM

Well after a bunch of back and forth plus numeruos conversations selling the car is not the best option. We are going to ride it out and see what tomorrow brings.

I hope it brings some work soon as I still owe a couple of guys some coin that we have had outstanding for a bit. Thanks for not busting my chops about it.

I have not looked at the thing in 6+ weeks. If doesn't make it to the track this year oh well but it will still be here with me.

Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 10:09 PM

WELL,,,, if your gonna let it sit.....

Bring it to me here in Nebraska. Id love to set marion on its azz with that baby.

A little nebraska humidity would do wonders for it LOL..

Glad to hear you are gonna keep it.

Thats probly what ya wanted in the long run anyhow.

Kasey
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 10:11 PM

that's good to hear Jimmy it doesn't cost anything sitting in the corner.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 10:47 PM

Quote:

Well after a bunch of back and forth plus numeruos conversations selling the car is not the best option. We are going to ride it out and see what tomorrow brings.

I hope it brings some work soon as I still owe a couple of guys some coin that we have had outstanding for a bit. Thanks for not busting my chops about it.

I have not looked at the thing in 6+ weeks. If doesn't make it to the track this year oh well but it will still be here with me.

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 11:07 PM

Quote:

I think that is a very good decision, if you can make it happen Jimmy.....great to hear

Should be visiting you soon, hope it's on a day you fire it up....

Rickster
Posted By: galen

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 11:21 PM

Thats good Jimmy. My heart sank when I heard you were going to sell it. I know I have lost my rearend on everything I have had to sell like that, only to regret it down the road. Glad to hear you can hang on to it.
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 11:38 PM

Way to go! Hold on to your dream even if you have to do it by your fingernails. Some time soon things are going to get better and you will be glad you held on to it. I would hate to say that I had just about the baddest azz car and had to part with it before getting any enjoyment out of it. Good Deal
Posted By: emarine01

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/16/10 11:41 PM

That car is a work of art weather you run it or not
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 12:59 AM

BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY!!
Posted By: Chassisman

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 01:01 AM

Quote:

Good thing my wife talked me out of buying it....I think we both would have been suffering......

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 01:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Good thing my wife talked me out of buying it....I think we both would have been suffering......

CH!T had you called me I would not be even thinking about the car .

It will work it's self out soon I hope. Thanks for all the kind words. I really never wanted to let it go
Posted By: bigblockrik

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 02:11 AM

Best thing i have heard today.Hang in there it has to get better.It will be worth it when you get to hammer it on the track
Posted By: Performance Only

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 02:41 AM

maybe you'll still be able to make that bullet national thingy in september. wouldn't that be cool.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 03:25 AM

Great to hear! Remember it doesn't cost anything to let it sit...which is why I have the max wedge car and my sister doesn't have a horse.
Posted By: megajoltman

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 05:14 AM

Good news
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 05:51 AM

man.... i hope my bill you send me isnt why your changing your mind.....

just kidding man!!! Im glad to hear you are keeping it!!!

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 11:13 AM

Quote:

man.... i hope my bill you send me isnt why your changing your mind.....

just kidding man!!! Im glad to hear you are keeping it!!!

No just send me info on the other 16

Posted By: Dragula

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 01:20 PM

Good to hear your hanging on.....I was in the same boat last year..
Posted By: cgall

Re: Well The Time has come - 07/17/10 04:20 PM

I covered up my junk and shoved it in the corner 2 years ago, sold off my tailer and all parts I had collected, cancelled all memberships and subscriptions.

But the Duster can be made race-ready in a weekend once times get better.

© 2024 Moparts Forums