Moparts

Airport race

Posted By: Islandcuda

Airport race - 06/28/10 05:19 AM

Had our first ever 1/8 mile drag race here on the north end of vancouver island, Port Mcneill airport and turned out great.Car cont was 81 I think, ran sportsman, pro, and superpro. All got in 3 rounds saturday, but with rain threating, we ran a gamblers race with 20 buck buy in. I went 6 rounds with my good old cuda and took home top prize of 200 bucks. Was kewl for local lad to win the first race. Also ran a best of 6.441 on the eith so happy with that too. Sunday with rain again threating, we went right into eliminations and got it off. I red lit second round. The biggest surprise was local helicopter shop opening up for rides for 25 bucks a head for 15 minutes, was awesome of them as it took us all by surprise. I,m sure theres gonna be some great shots from that. Anyway, after all this, sure do appreciate all the work that goes into this as our start line crew was green as can be as well as our tower crew, which i might say was my quad trailer converted for the weekend lol.We will be doing this again.
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Airport race - 06/28/10 05:30 AM

good times, hey 6.44 thats what i run in the 1/8th, i better step it up
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Airport race - 06/28/10 05:34 AM

was the old fogie from Cambell River with the black F body there?
Posted By: TomP

Re: Airport race - 06/28/10 08:43 PM

I try and keep "track" of all these places and already had Port McNeill airport listed as running drags last year. July 4th, 09. There were pictures posted somewhere back then.
Or is this just the first time they ran it as 1/8th?

6.44 is a decent run, the place must have good traction.
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Airport race - 06/28/10 08:47 PM

Sounds like fun..........they used to do that here at George Air Force base years ago I heard to bad they still don`t. Good running car for sure.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Airport race - 06/28/10 10:21 PM

My friend from Campbell River ( Don Bailey) was there in my old Duster. F5 green with hood blackout and 340 wedge bill board.
Posted By: toddd

Re: Airport race - 06/29/10 01:03 AM

I've got pics to post..one of them is your old car.

The air and traction were awesome..2nd best 60' for me too.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Airport race - 06/29/10 02:48 AM

Quote:

My friend from Campbell River ( Don Bailey) was there in my old Duster. F5 green with hood blackout and 340 wedge bill board.

thats the fogie I was refering too...
Posted By: mopartoby

Re: Airport race - 06/29/10 03:40 AM

Quote:

was the old fogie from Cambell River with the black F body there?

Posted By: toddd

Re: Airport race - 06/29/10 11:02 PM

Here are a few of the pics i took.
My car...

The old "Fogies" ride

Former S/G ARROW!!!!

There were quite a few more Mopars I missed.

Re: Airport race - 06/30/10 05:34 AM

awesome Todd yup Don was there with the duster, yes last year we had a test and tune with no tree just single passes recorded but we did run doubles by arm drop so this was our first official race. When the track came around it did hook as my 60,s were right where they should be . The biggest problem is the track slopes slightly from left to right so you are fighting all the way lol. Hopefully we learn from it and our next one in augast is better, ie more communication

Re: Airport race - 06/30/10 05:36 AM

We also have a new webste up and running if ya wanna take a peak to get the idea of what we have, www.northislandtimingassociation.ca, thanks Tim
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: Airport race - 07/04/10 05:32 AM

See if my link works!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY_SZ-wgvC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-McvRlH3ErM&feature=channel

The second one has the announcer thinking my car is a smallblock for some reason. He was a chevy guy and must have thought the 383 badges meant it had a stroked smallblock 350.
Posted By: MoparDonny

Re: Airport race - 07/04/10 05:46 AM

Found another cool one, I think it's linked to Tim's earlier post.
http://vimeo.com/groups/5681/videos/12907794
© 2024 Moparts Forums