Moparts

DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES-ADDED VIDEO LINK

Posted By: Labratt

DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES-ADDED VIDEO LINK - 05/26/10 03:26 AM

Had a good experience hangin' out at Jake's Auto today,gettin' the GTX dyno-tuned! If the correction factor they have is correct,I'm pretty happy with the results! 1st pull(baseline)resulted in 412hp @ 6,000 Rpm. Tq. was 392 @ 5200 rpm. After several pulls,and jet changes,and 1 timing change,going from 37 to 39,the best numbers were 422hp @ 6,000 and 408tq. @ 5200rpm. Jetting started out at 82p and 90sec. With "best" results,they were 82Pri. and 81sec. To me that is pretty strange,since I'm running a PV in the primaries! Also swapped the 850 Holley to a Pro Systems Holley 1000cfm. It made 422hp @ 5900rpm and 411 tq. @ 5200, but with a A/F ratio of 7.99! Sounds like with a GOOD a/f on the bigger carb,my little 448 would pick up some extra HP and TQ! Had a lot of fun doing this,and I actually got to turn a couple of wrenches,and get my hands dirty! Forgot to mention,the ambient temperature was 83-84 degrees,and 40 humidity. Pretty warm! I'd like to thank Gary Jacob,his son Chris,Tim,and Steve,who operated the dyno,and made the adjustments. Thanks guys! BTW... with their RWHP divided by .72 formula,the hp at the crank comes out to 586! Thanks for taking the time to read this! RandyB. One more little thing I forgot to mention,the engine made 3-4 more hp with my K&N filter and X-Treme top on!

Attached picture 6003395-DYNO-TUNESESSIONATJAKE\'S5-25-10002(Medium).jpg
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 03:38 AM

Good to hear your all set Randy.... what was the final
A/F ratio when you got the best set up

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 03:51 AM

Hi Mike! Looks like 13.13 with the 422hp/408tq pull! Did ya see the crazy-rich a/f on the 1000 cfm Holley pull? Still made as much as the best 850 pull! Go figure!? KEYSTONE ICE

Attached picture 6003451-DYNO-TUNESESSIONATJAKE\'S5-25-10001(Medium).jpg

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 04:05 AM

Were you using my carb for your best out put
EDIT
Who had the 1000 cfm carb... was that a 4150 base

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 04:36 AM

Yes! Didn't even bother with my Mighty Demon! Still can't believe the finished jetting of 82/81 with a pri. PV! The 1000 Holley was from Lenny's Max Wedge dual quad set-up that was at the shop,which was a 4150 model! I need to find out what jetting is in it,that it gave us a 7.99 A/F ratio,but still matched the best output of your 850 Holley!???
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 10:36 AM

Very good Randy! Those numbers are very good! I am happy you are happy.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 11:26 AM

Congrats Randy on some good #'s. Money well spent IMO. I look forward to seeing you and the car this summer.
Posted By: 340RICK

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 11:29 AM

Thats cool Randy

I put mine on the chassis dyno bout a year ago. It was almost as fun as going to the track
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 11:49 AM

Congrats Randy,

Any video of the car ?,,,, way cool to see it strapped down,,,screaming away on the dyno...

Cant wait to hear a track report.

Doug
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 12:08 PM

Nice numbers.....what fuel were you using when you arrived at 13.1? Pump gas or other?
Posted By: Dartin

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 12:48 PM

Very nice Randy! Got her hummin' now!
Posted By: Bubba

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 01:05 PM

Nice Job Randy. Gary and his crew are good guys to deal with..

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 01:12 PM

Thanks fella's! Rick,I hear ya,I had a blast,especially with the fact that I actually turned some wrenches and got my hands dirty! Steve(dyno operator)was surprised the power picked up by advancing the timing from 37 baseline to 39,where we left it. Larry,I was running 93 pump gas,only 10.25 compression. I put a video of one of the last runs on U-Tube. Go to RandyB's 440,click on the drag strip video,then click the 3 videos icon,and it will come up. Not sure why it didn't show with my other videos??? Thanks again for your supportive comments,I appreciate it! RandyB

Attached picture 6003805-DYNO-TUNESESSIONATJAKE\'S5-25-10003(Medium).jpg
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 02:30 PM

Interesting that you got your best power running that lean, if your pump gas is truely the ethanol blended stuff we have here in PA. Most of the country runs (May contain up to 10% ethanol) pump gas. Nobody is sure of the mix, but it's not 100% gasoline. 100% gasoline likes around 12.6-13.2 for Max power WOT air fuel ratio and 14.7 stoich.

E10 (10% ethanol) blend likes 14.1 for stoich and (estimated) 12.2-12.8 air fuel ratio for max power WOT.

Maybe your blend doesn't have too much ethanol.

I'm just gathering this kind of info, to better tune my pump gas car with my LM-1 monitor.

Thanks,
Larry
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 02:56 PM

Those seem like good honest numbers. My 470 seems to like more timing also and w/110 trick racing fuel it made peak hp between 12.2-12.4 afr. Now it`s time to hit the track,tweek some more and get a new best!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 03:13 PM

Way cool Randy, glad to hear you're happy with it

I don't know about that HP divided by .72 formula, it seems to give too high a flywheel hp number (499 wheel, 693 flywheel on mine...it isn't making that) but that's a minor pickin' point...it doesn't mean much in the big picture.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 03:18 PM

Sounds like it was fun,Randy!! Good luck at the track!!

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 03:47 PM

So Randy.... when are we going to hit the track
Posted By: JAKE68

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 05:07 PM

Quote:

Way cool Randy, glad to hear you're happy with it

I don't know about that HP divided by .72 formula, it seems to give too high a flywheel hp number (499 wheel, 693 flywheel on mine...it isn't making that) but that's a minor pickin' point...it doesn't mean much in the big picture.

That formula was given to me by a tech from saleen. He it ruffly a figure of 28% loss with a high staul converter. I only realy use it cause alot of customers want to see some kind of a figure of crank horse power. Not saying how accurate it realy is. It is just a no. Now we did do a car that the motor was just on a engine dyno,so we had that data. Then we got our data and did the math and equated it to 28%.Soooooooooo. there you have it. If it had a lower staul converter we would have used a differnt persentage figure. Randy thanks for all the good words ect. Sorry I could not be there for that cause I was really looking forward to tuning it myself. But I forgot about the gulf outting lucky my brother called me intime. By the way we did finish 2nd. Jake

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 05:14 PM

Milan this weekend ? hmmm,,,,

I'll bring the Keystone..lol
( and motrin )...

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 05:25 PM

Quote:

Milan this weekend ? hmmm,,,,

I'll bring the Keystone..lol
( and motrin )...

LOL... dont really blame that MOOSE PI$$ on me
(even though I bought it)... I never seen it before
and I wouldnt be buying it again... normally my tastes
are MUCH higher

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 05:36 PM

Yep you have to give customers what they ask for and it doesn't get much better than that, and you have to go with something....so...."here you go".

I don't have a problem with it...but didn't ask for flywheel hp when I was there last, figuring I'd only get myself in trouble with that info anyway.

I mean, if I got 693 HP from my combo...I must be a freaking genius! And then I'd go run like 11 flat with it, and would be thinking no, I must be an idiot

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 06:27 PM

Mr. Zippy,ya got a good point there on the power numbers! Using the 28% driveline loss for an auto trans, 540 horsepower sounds more realistic. That's all I know is I can feel that x-tra 16lb.ft. of torque doin' it's thing when I mash the pedal! RandyB

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 06:39 PM

Randy... when do you feel like hitting the track? I
think I might take my rig out to Lapeer to look for
a driver(I dont think I will even make any passes)
so do you want to go.... thinking Sunday... cause
Zippy might be there that day

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 06:44 PM

Mike,Sunday sounds like a good possibility! I'll check if Corinne has plans that day. She has to work Monday,so I'm not sure!? I'll bring it up. I'd like to see what that xtra 16 pounds of torque translates into at the track! Randy

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 06:48 PM

Quote:

Mike,Sunday sounds like a good possibility! I'll check if Corinne has plans that day. She has to work Monday,so I'm not sure!? I'll bring it up. I'd like to see what that xtra 16 pounds of torque translates into at the track! Randy

Cool... let me know...... now to Zippy... get that
thing ready to run... OK

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 08:19 PM

It should be nice to have Randy's car there in case anyone wonders what a 69 GTX is really supposed to look like

Maybe we can line up together and take a pic;
"beauty and the junk"

All I have to do is run all the old gas out, and that should pretty much do it.

Still undecided whether I wanna try driving it there with the cheater slicks and front runners, or if I want to change tires at the track like in the past....unlike Milan, Lapeer is close enough for me (maybe 40-45 minutes) I wouldn't mind driving there on the cheater slicks.....long as it doesn't rain.

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 08:47 PM

Quote:

It should be nice to have Randy's car there in case anyone wonders what a 69 GTX is really supposed to look like

Maybe we can line up together and take a pic;
"beauty and the junk"

All I have to do is run all the old gas out, and that should pretty much do it.

Still undecided whether I wanna try driving it there with the cheater slicks and front runners, or if I want to change tires at the track like in the past....unlike Milan, Lapeer is close enough for me (maybe 40-45 minutes) I wouldn't mind driving there on the cheater slicks.....long as it doesn't rain.

I'm going to bring my rig so I'll have a floor jack
and stuff so you can use that instead of bringing it
EDIT
unless you want to just drive with them but it'll
be there

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 08:52 PM

BEAUTY????? Rich,you've never seen my car,except the pics I post! It needs a LOT of cosmetics! At least the old paint still has some shine to it!

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 08:56 PM

so,,,sunday at Lapeer,,,, ?
hmmmm

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 08:58 PM

Quote:

so,,,sunday at Lapeer,,,, ?
hmmmm

Thats good for me Doc
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 09:18 PM

Quote:

are MUCH higher

LOL

You make it to Norwalk this fall Mr P and i'll make sure there's a case of Brador waiting for you

Congrats Randy ; the tuning picked up some power which is allways a step in the right direction.

Ron

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 09:35 PM

Mine won't even look good in a picture anymore unless it's taken at 100mph, at night, while it's raining

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/26/10 09:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

are MUCH higher

LOL

You make it to Norwalk this fall Mr P and i'll make sure there's a case of Brador waiting for you

Congrats Randy ; the tuning picked up some power which is allways a step in the right direction.

Ron

Ron I should be there.... running 10.0... thats
sounds GOOD... love that Brador

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 03:06 AM

Well boys,Lapeer sounds like a VERY GOOD possibility for me and the X on Sunday! What time do the gates open? Raff,too bad your Domi's E-85! I'd be real curious to see how the 440 likes it! BTW...has anyone had a chance to check out my dyno run video on You Tube yet??? It's only about 30 seconds long!

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 03:13 AM

Quote:

Well boys,Lapeer sounds like a VERY GOOD possibility for me and the X on Sunday! What time do the gates open? Raff,too bad your Domi's E-85! I'd be real curious to see how the 440 likes it! BTW...has anyone had a chance to check out my dyno run video on You Tube yet??? It's only about 30 seconds long!

I have a gas one also... do you need a adapter to
go to 4150 base
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 03:19 AM

Quote:

DOH!!

I have to go to Ohio for my nephews graduation!! I'd try to duck out and show up at LaPeer, but the with my wife that would follow wouldn't be pretty. She doesn't ask for much, so I really gotta go . It figures the one time when peeps are going to the track that's 10, that's right 10 blasted miles from my house I have to be out of town . Anyway, best of luck to you guys and have a great time!!

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 03:25 AM

Randy your going to have to post a link to your dyno
run if you want anyone to see it
Hemiroid... bummer you cant make it but you dont need
any battles

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 03:34 AM

Quote:

Randy your going to have to post a link to your dyno
run if you want anyone to see it
Hemiroid... bummer you cant make it but you dont need
any battles

Try this Mike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8t8mxmKbA&feature=channel

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 04:06 AM

Marc,thanks a LOT for posting the link! I've never done it before! Bummer you have to leave town! Raff,I'd love to try out your carb! I would definately need an adapter! What kind of jetting does it currently have? Most likely have to drop a couple #'s! Maybe I should pick it up tomorrow or friday to re-jet,if need be! Not sure about dominator jetting,though! Maybe we can get some suggestions????? Anyone?????

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 08:28 AM

Quote:

Marc,thanks a LOT for posting the link! I've never done it before! Bummer you have to leave town! Raff,I'd love to try out your carb! I would definately need an adapter! What kind of jetting does it currently have? Most likely have to drop a couple #'s! Maybe I should pick it up tomorrow or friday to re-jet,if need be! Not sure about dominator jetting,though! Maybe we can get some suggestions????? Anyone?????

Right now it doesnt have any jets in it... the 8896
came with 88s squared so if you dropped 2 jets in
the 4150 I can set it up with 86s squared and use
that as base line.... give me a call in the morning
but not from 11 to 12:30(therapy).... call about 10
and makbe you can come over about 1:00 .... I'll
have to pull that adapter off my W-5 manifold...
no big deal its all sitting in the shop on the welding
table

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 12:37 PM

Sounds good! 86 jets might be too much! Right now I've got 82p-81s w/ PV in primary! What do you think??? Also,at 6,000rpm peak power,what should my shift point be? Peak torque was at 5200rpm. Steve(dyno operator)was thinking 7000! I think that's a little on the high side,isn't it? I'll give ya a call in a short while! BTW...pulled a couple of plugs yesterday,NEVER saw them look so GOOD!!! Those A/F sensor's are the "Cat's Ass" for tuning! Even smells better,and that's before adding my bottle of liquid cotton candy!

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 01:30 PM

Check and see what that carb number is... if the jetting
now is only a couple below the normal that it calls
for I'll leave the 1050 at 86... its all about the
amount of air per carb to what the jet is(basically
a percentage of jet to air)... give me a call now if
you can I have some other questions also
Oh I forgot, you MIGHT not see a number since I cut
the air horn... but check... I want to look up the
base jets

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/27/10 06:04 PM

Randy I pulled the jets again and dropped them to
84 squared so it should be close... maybe a tad fat
but I would prefer to start out fat... its ready for
your pick up.... you will have to look at the front
of the fuel log to see which direction you want the
AN fitting... right now I have as 90* in there

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 02:28 AM

Thanks,Mike! Here's a pic of my fuel line to carb set-up. I believe it is 6-AN! I just sent you a PM! Randy

Attached picture 6006908-DSC01117(Small).JPG
Posted By: Joshs68

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 02:56 AM

How did you like the Demon which looks to be an annular booster to the Holley, I assume the holley is downleg booster?

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 03:01 AM

Josh,I need to sell that Demon to someone who can get it to run leaner at idle! I tried everything,but nothing worked! Too rich! The MD has Annular boosters,but the current Holley has downleg boosters. Take care! RandyB
Posted By: DerickS

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 03:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

DOH!!

I have to go to Ohio for my nephews graduation!! I'd try to duck out and show up at LaPeer, but the with my wife that would follow wouldn't be pretty. She doesn't ask for much, so I really gotta go . It figures the one time when peeps are going to the track that's 10, that's right 10 blasted miles from my house I have to be out of town . Anyway, best of luck to you guys and have a great time!!

Hey does the wife want her skirt back from you yet??? I hear she's tired of wearing the pants in your house

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 11:28 AM

Quote:

Thanks,Mike! Here's a pic of my fuel line to carb set-up. I believe it is 6-AN! I just sent you a PM! Randy

I hope there is about 1" or so of play in that line
coming up from the pump otherwise it might be short...
I'll let you play with that to see

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Hey does the wife want her skirt back from you yet??? I hear she's tired of wearing the pants in your house

---ZING!---

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 01:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

---ZING!---

Zippy... are you ready for Sunday..... Randy just
left my place ... picked up my dom ... going to make
sure it all fits before we hit the track

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 03:54 PM

I think so Mike.

I'm going to run some fresh gas through it and shake it down on the street Friday/Saturday, if there aren't any issues I'm good to go.

If I get a little extra time I might try to loosen up the front end a little also (shock change and swaybar removal), that never made a difference in the past but maybe it will now....

....but there's no mad dash thrash going on or anything like that.

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 04:18 PM

Quote:

I think so Mike.

I'm going to run some fresh gas through it and shake it down on the street Friday/Saturday, if there aren't any issues I'm good to go.

If I get a little extra time I might try to loosen up the front end a little also (shock change and swaybar removal), that never made a difference in the past but maybe it will now....

....but there's no mad dash thrash going on or anything like that.

... cool.. looks like Doug (doc) will be
coming out also

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 06:27 PM

The air might be bad, but If nothing else it'll be a good time to test my half baked cooling system.....I've got a '69 Mustang fan shroud cut in half, and alot of other high tech devices to test

Weather is now calling for 88 degrees, and in a couple minutes I'm taking my late lunch hour to go shopping for an
EZ UP

If it's too hot for me I'll just leave a little earlier, I have a potential family gig to go to but can show up in the afternoon for that.

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 06:39 PM

Quote:

The air might be bad, but If nothing else it'll be a good time to test my half baked cooling system.....I've got a '69 Mustang fan shroud cut in half, and alot of other high tech devices to test

Weather is now calling for 88 degrees, and in a couple minutes I'm taking my late lunch hour to go shopping for an
EZ UP

If it's too hot for me I'll just leave a little earlier, I have a potential family gig to go to but can show up in the afternoon for that.

Rich check out my post I just posted.... got that
covered plus I have a awning

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 10:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DOH!!

Why I otta.... Go play with your lawn mowers and leave me alone. I hope all of them get flat tires
Posted By: DerickS

Re: DYNOJET DYNO RESULTS FROM JAKES! - 05/28/10 11:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DOH!!

Why I otta.... Go play with your lawn mowers and leave me alone. I hope all of them get flat tires

Get it right! None of them can currently mow grass Hey, how many tires is that????
© 2024 Moparts Forums