Moparts

Ritter Block VS R-3 Block

Posted By: Cudahlr

Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/13/10 11:11 PM

I'm looking at building a new engine, it will be set up for boost, don't know if im going turbo or procharger yet, but my question is what block would be the best to use, Ritter, r-3 or a prepped stock block, which I do have already, looking for around 650-700 horse when all is said and done. The rotating assembly will be all the good stuff, also this will be a street/strip engine running on 93

Thanks!
Posted By: DemonDust

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/13/10 11:16 PM

Back when I talked to Kent, you could get his block in a much taller deck than the R3 from what I remember. If that is worth anything to you is another story. Would be awesome for a huge stroker

But if you are just building a 700 hp engine your R3 block will be just fine IMO
Posted By: PUNK

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 02:47 AM

I dont think the Ritter blocks are available. Are they? I knew someone that was interested but the production date kept getting pushed back so they just bought a siamesed bore R-3. I noticed alot of people that bought the nascar heads, rockers and intake setups are now selling them because they thought the Ritter block was going to make it easy to build a semi conventional chrysler block with killer heads. I think some people have given up on the block.
Back to your origional question; I wouldnt use a production block for that kind of power. An R3 would work awesome. Especially a siamesed bore deal.
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 03:37 AM

FWIW, my buildup will be with a stock block.

Partial fill
4 bolt billet main caps
light weight rotating assembly (2.200 rods, .990 pins)

Shooting for 700 hp
Posted By: TheOtherDodge

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 03:39 AM

See this post: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post5964730
Posted By: onyxba

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 03:13 PM

Call Kent Ritter about the blocks, I will be picking mine up within a couple weeks. XR P7 block.
Posted By: jg309

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 05:41 PM

ryan, just got my xr-2 from kent, going to lighten, it only took about 3 mths. after deposit, going to build a 400,p7 headed circle track engine, going to have a lsm 4 clcy. timing swap on cam, looking for 850+ hp?
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 09:52 PM

I would go with the Ritter block.
Ryan J can order them and others can also.
In the long run i think Ritters are cheaper with all the machining.
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/14/10 11:54 PM

I am waiting for some real results and to see how a high hp XR-2 will last. If all is well, I will be getting one for use with P7 heads. Anyone know how heavy the blocks are (tall deck)? Does anyone know if Ryan J has a lightening program from them yet? Also, are they dual pattern bellhousing?
Posted By: theclutcher

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/15/10 02:09 PM

Ritters block for sure, unless you find an inexpensive R3.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Ritter Block VS R-3 Block - 05/16/10 05:22 AM

Quote:

I am waiting for some real results and to see how a high hp XR-2 will last. If all is well, I will be getting one for use with P7 heads. Anyone know how heavy the blocks are (tall deck)? Does anyone know if Ryan J has a lightening program from them yet? Also, are they dual pattern bellhousing?

I know they are heavy, but an R3 is heavy also.

Ryan can probally answer all your questions.
© 2024 Moparts Forums