Moparts

Dominator JET EXTENSIONS..fitment issue

Posted By: V10nacuda

Dominator JET EXTENSIONS..fitment issue - 05/13/10 09:13 PM

Well I pulled the fuel bowls off to double check what jets were on it & put on a set of jet extensions on it. Buttoned it back up & the rear floats hung open...Messed with the adjustment & nothing. pulled the extensions back off & it worked fine. What is going on??? are there different length jet extensions???

It's a dommmy 1150 & the fuel floats are notched, Do the 1150's come with jet extensions???? I really don't know where the extensions came from because the were in the box when I got it back from the dyno testing???

A friend mentioned he had a similar problem once & eneded up ordering the jet ext & floats as a package
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Dominator JET EXTENSIONS - 05/13/10 09:20 PM

The float should black nitrophyl and have to round notch's cutout in the bottom of it, and the angle to clear the acc pump well valve. If its brass its wrong.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Dominator JET EXTENSIONS..fitment issue - 05/13/10 09:40 PM

What type jet extensions, screw in or press on and which floats do you have now?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Dominator JET EXTENSIONS - 05/13/10 09:44 PM

Quote:

The float should black nitrophyl and have to round notch's cutout in the bottom of it, and the angle to clear the acc pump well valve. If its brass its wrong.

Yep.. gotta have the floats that are made for the
extensions ... you can see the difference here
also dont bother looking at these extensions, these
are the press on style... use the screw in style

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AED-5896/?rtype=10
Posted By: V10nacuda

Re: Dominator JET EXTENSIONS..fitment issue - 05/14/10 04:52 AM

I have no idea what brand they are..they are a screw in type & the float is the black plastic with the notches cut or formed in.

Are their different lengths of extensions that wouldnt work with mismatched floats??
Posted By: 67dodgeracer

Re: Dominator JET EXTENSIONS..fitment issue - 05/14/10 05:08 AM

I had that problem before,and filling the bowls slowly by turning the pump on and off repeatedly fixed the float from sticking.
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Dominator JET EXTENSIONS..fitment issue - 05/14/10 08:47 AM

mine stuck as well--its the brass screw in ones. i just cut a bit of length off them till they would not hit the float.
works great now
© 2024 Moparts Forums