Moparts

MSD Digital 6 ????

Posted By: RockChip

MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/02/10 11:17 PM

Anny one on here have anny problems with thare MSD Digital 6 box?

My car is missing and I can't seem to track it down.

I have HVC coil, Pro billet dizzy, Taylor wires, fresh NGK 10s, all the power wires and dizzy wires look ok.
Alternator is working good, its not low on voltage.

Attached picture 5960284-126099356840.gif
Posted By: TomsCharger70

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/02/10 11:28 PM

To me it seems like the MSD ignition boxes are "programed" to suddenly stop working after X amount of time.. I know several who has had major problems when running the Digital 6 box...

My Digital 6 stoped working and I couldnt find any reason why.. It will give out a spark when under 3000Rpm, above that the engine just doesnt run right, changed it out for my trusty old 7AL box and everything is fine again...

/Tom
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/02/10 11:52 PM

are your big red and black wires going directly to the battery?

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 12:49 AM

Yes thay are to the battery.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 01:02 AM

there is so many things that could cause a miss it's hard to guess. could be something other than your ignition box. just have to start a process of elimination. simple things first.
Posted By: B3Cuda

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 01:21 AM

Lol I switch them around red is negative & black is hot. In all actuality the negative is grounded on the frame as a common ground not back to the battery as for the red it gets power from the the wire going to the switch box. I want to eliminate the easy stuff first but I was checking to see if I was doing something wrong from the beginning. From what I see it seems to be wired correctly. My car is wired very simple with a painless switch panel and not all cut up.
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 01:55 AM

mine used to miss at 63-6400rpm. mounting the box under the dash was the biggest improvement. it was under the hood previously. run the large positive lead directly to battery and large ground to chassis using no more the 2ft of wire for ground, the shorter the better and you may need the shielded pickup lead also. this should fix your problem.

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 02:31 AM

Yes mine is mounted in the glove box area.

Ive been hearing the digital-6 is prone to problems, and that the digital-7 is a better choice?
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 03:05 AM

Sheilded pickup or try switching the pickup wires...
Posted By: B3Cuda

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 03:27 AM

Mine is mounted inside the car on a pan on the floor, & the pickup lead is shielded as well, so I guess I will try running a wire straight to the battery. Ground wire is maybe about a foot long.
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: MSD Digital 6 ???? - 05/03/10 03:35 AM

I run digital 6 also and mine was doing the same thing at 6500, Switch to the shielded pick-up harness and ran it by itself, not by any other power wires and problem was fixed...Matt
© 2024 Moparts Forums