Moparts

Altenator mounts with a motor plate

Posted By: 471b1dart

Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/02/10 02:58 PM

I need some Ideas on where and how to mount an alt on my tube chassis car with a motor plate and msd crank trigger, would like to see some pictures of how you mounted it and the pulleys you used. does anyone make a small alt?? Im kinda limited for space. Thanks
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/02/10 03:06 PM

This is the AR207 kit that I make. It is designed for a Mopar K frame but it should also fit in a tube chassis car. The DMI kit might also work, just depends on the shape of your motor plate.

Attached picture 5959554-AR207.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/02/10 03:31 PM

Posted By: chryco

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/02/10 04:52 PM

Built my own

Attached picture 5959735-IMG_0093.jpg

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/07/10 02:43 AM

Thanks for the pictures , who sells the DMI kit , that looks like I can make it work where it has the crank trigger pickup bracket as part of the kit.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/07/10 03:13 AM

Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/07/10 03:48 AM

on my dragster.

Attached picture 5968517-alternator.jpg
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/07/10 09:43 AM

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/09/10 12:12 AM

Hemifred, what is the brand of the alt, you are using with the DMI kit? It looksas if it might slove my problems . Thanks for the replies and the pictures
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/09/10 12:35 AM

that alternator is from east coast electric, it's a denso mini. they come in many different flavors and you can pick them up cheaper if you shop around. they're often used on industrial engines like small tractors etc.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/09/10 12:44 AM

dragula you stole my idea
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/09/10 02:37 AM

Quote:

that alternator is from east coast electric, it's a denso mini. they come in many different flavors and you can pick them up cheaper if you shop around. they're often used on industrial engines like small tractors etc.

Someone told me that Kabota uses them on there tractors but I didn't check it out yet.
Posted By: mac56

Re: Altenator mounts with a motor plate - 05/09/10 01:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Someone told me that Kabota uses them on there tractors but I didn't check it out yet.

Yes they do. That is what the one I bought was listed for but it is not 1 wire when used on tractor. My alternator shop converted it when it came in. At least that is what he told me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums