Moparts

BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began'

Posted By: ajcasini

BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 01:51 AM

Congratulations to the BGR team 50 years and counting.

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 01:55 AM

50 years.... congrats Bob
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 01:58 AM

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 01:58 AM

congrats Bob here's to 50 more
Posted By: dcoronet383

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 02:20 AM

Congrats on 50 Bob
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 02:32 AM

Way to go, my friend!!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 02:48 AM

Wow, you really are old....congrats

Rickster
Posted By: Dads426

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 02:52 AM

Posted By: hemiparts

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:25 AM

You Da' Man Bob
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:28 AM

Congrats to BGR

Russ
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:49 AM

Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:57 AM

50 years... What the..??? You were 2 years old when you started working on big wheels and tricycles?? Very nice, Bob.. Let's see...1960

1. Cathy's Clown, Everly Brothers
2. He'll Have to Go, Jim Reeves
3. Theme from "A Summer Place", Percy Faith
4. It's Now or Never, Elvis Presley
5. Teen Angel, Mark Dinning
6. I'm Sorry, Brenda Lee
7. Running Bear, Johnny Preston
8. Handy Man, Jimmy Jones
9. Stuck On You, Elvis Presley
10. Let's Twist Again, Chubby Checker

I love those songs.. My grandfather had them all in his jukebox at the bar... after prohibition ended..
Posted By: 68valiant68

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 04:28 AM

Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 04:48 AM

What a great bunch of people BGR is...Very Professional...
So tell us Bob about your first race car, and first time down the track..If you would like to share this with us
Posted By: 318Bruiser

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 05:16 AM

Happy anniversary and to many more.
Posted By: BigRay

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 05:49 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 06:20 AM

Congrats Bob Looking foward to seeing you and the gang in a few weeks. poppaj

Attached picture 5945893-14742_323126635511_863140511_9893882_4560860_n.jpg
Posted By: quickd100

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 11:00 AM

Here's to you Bob Congratulations!! Hope to met you in person one day.Dave
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:23 PM

Congrats Bob!
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:33 PM

Congrats to the Big Guy and everybody associated w/BGR!!
Posted By: modified1090

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 03:47 PM

Quote:

Congrats to the Big Guy and everybody associated w/BGR!!

same here
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 06:10 PM

Thanks everyone I wish I was 50 and BGR was a new group.Thanks to brother Tony for the art work on the shirts,we duplicated the original drawing he did on the first shirts that started the whole BGR thing.We grew up on the family farm and I was the last of 15 children of parents that were first generation immigrants.We learned early how to work hard and survive.All my older brothers were into "fast cars".Tony started it all by hopping up a 50 Dodge coupe which I inherited from him as he progressed to newer and faster cars.Not old enough for a licence I was religated to just working on the cars and wrenching for the brothers on many of their cars including a pair of gold and white 57 Dodge D-500 Hemis that they raced.Word spread throughout the thriving hamlet of 84,Pa. and soon not only was I the chief wrench for the George clan,I was known through the county as the guy who could fix anything mechanical.All the local farmers brought me their tractors,balers,combines and other impliments to repair as well as all the local hot rodders.It became almost a business and was frowned upon by some of the older family members that felt I was neglecting my farm chores.I kept my exposure limited to them buy keeping my little enterprize lowkey and away from their view in a place where those lazy ones would never venture,"out behind the hogpen".I owe a debt of gratitude to my brother Tony for all his encouragement to help me realize and start my journey on a dream fantasy trip through life.Tony benifited also,he has had and still does have big Mopars wedges and hemis that have been wrenched and tune by his little brother Thanks Tony,Thanks everyone
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 06:39 PM

CONGRATS and hope for another 50 more yrs!!!
Ps....What a BEAUTIFUL 68 SS HEMI dart!!!!
Posted By: moparniac

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 06:50 PM

how do I get a BGR shirt

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 09:58 PM

Quote:

how do I get a BGR shirt

Eric,just join the "BGR family",we may not have a size large enough for you.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/25/10 10:39 PM

Bob congratulations on the 50 years. I didn't post earlier because I thought someone was implying you were 50 years old and we know better than that. Tell the family I said hi and past on the well wishes for many more years at BGR.
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 12:18 AM

Congrats to the entire BGR Crew!

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 12:24 AM

Quote:

Bob congratulations on the 50 years. I didn't post earlier because I thought someone was implying you were 50 years old and we know better than that. Tell the family I said hi and past on the well wishes for many more years at BGR.

John,that would have been one for April 1 jokes.You and Matt will have to stop by for your T-shirts.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 12:32 AM

Congrats on the 5-O,Bob! You have a pretty big following and have been an asset to us sportsman racers...Here is a little story about Bob....Couple years ago when I was unemployed...I was whining about the cost of 5/8" lugnuts for MW axles...Bob pmed me and had some...He sent them to me at no charge with a BGR hat and t-shirt...And he has never met me!! So Bob is the kind of guy that would give ya the shirt off his back!! So here is to you,Bob!! May you have a lot more BGR anniversaries!! Ted
Posted By: Prostock

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 12:40 AM

Congratulations!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 12:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

John,that would have been one for April 1 jokes.You and Matt will have to stop by for your T-shirts.

That would be great Bob. We really enjoyed our visit and were really impressed by your shop and the many projects going on. I think we will try some evening during the week. That place was plan nuts with activity. On our way out your driveway Matt swears he saw some sheep driving tractors in the back lot but I think he had a few the night befor.
Posted By: Darrell

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 01:08 AM

Congrats Bob! I have always enjoyed reading your post but have never really heard the history of the cars you own. Can you tell us?

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 09:55 AM

Quote:

Congrats Bob! I have always enjoyed reading your post but have never really heard the history of the cars you own. Can you tell us?

That would take for forever and then some.
Posted By: Somerdale Flash

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 11:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks everyone I wish I was 50 and BGR was a new group.Thanks to brother Tony for the art work on the shirts,we duplicated the original drawing he did on the first shirts that started the whole BGR thing.We grew up on the family farm and I was the last of 15 children of parents that were first generation immigrants.We learned early how to work hard and survive.All my older brothers were into "fast cars".Tony started it all by hopping up a 50 Dodge coupe which I inherited from him as he progressed to newer and faster cars.Not old enough for a licence I was religated to just working on the cars and wrenching for the brothers on many of their cars including a pair of gold and white 57 Dodge D-500 Hemis that they raced.Word spread throughout the thriving hamlet of 84,Pa. and soon not only was I the chief wrench for the George clan,I was known through the county as the guy who could fix anything mechanical.All the local farmers brought me their tractors,balers,combines and other impliments to repair as well as all the local hot rodders.It became almost a business and was frowned upon by some of the older family members that felt I was neglecting my farm chores.I kept my exposure limited to them buy keeping my little enterprize lowkey and away from their view in a place where those lazy ones would never venture,"out behind the hogpen".I owe a debt of gratitude to my brother Tony for all his encouragement to help me realize and start my journey on a dream fantasy trip through life.Tony benifited also,he has had and still does have big Mopars wedges and hemis that have been wrenched and tune by his little brother Thanks Tony,Thanks everyone

Congrats Bob!
Great story, and thanks for sharing.
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 11:43 AM

50 years? Bob time sure does fly by. I'll try to stop by tonight. Want to to bring Chris? Or I can bring 9 puppies. Or CASH.

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 12:26 PM

Quote:

50 years? Bob time sure does fly by. I'll try to stop by tonight. Want to to bring Chris? Or I can bring 9 puppies. Or CASH.

OK, I see your 1 Chris & 9 puppys,I'll raise you 2 sheep,1 goat and call.That would be like a "full house" with your cash all in the pot.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 06:02 PM

Congrats BGR! I truely appreciate all your posting. I'm glad to know of you via Moparts and some day hope to meet you.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 06:26 PM

at 50 dont they call that a royal flush???
congrats guys keep it going
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 09:01 PM

congrats and hope there will be many more years thanks for the help and good tech
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/26/10 10:51 PM

Wish I could have met Bob earlier in y racing career, as he has done me nothing but right in pointing me in the right directions and doing his best to help me succeed without killing my wallet to much. He is accurate in saying that you could listen to his stories for ages and never here the same one, there is always a new story every time I am around and I think Bob really enjoys to tell his stories.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/27/10 01:03 AM

Congrats on the 50 Bob.
I hope to meet you in person someday.
Mark
Posted By: SmokeyBurnout 67

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/27/10 02:47 AM

Congrats Bob and Curt Jr.

-Kara
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/27/10 06:53 PM

Couldnt have accompished all we have done without BGR Thanks for everything Bob
Posted By: RonP

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/27/10 07:07 PM

Congrats Bob, I will be by for one of those shirts next month sometime. Trying to shift the work schedule around as well to make the race in June.

Ron
Posted By: Ian

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/28/10 02:11 AM

Congrats Bob

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/28/10 10:30 AM

Quote:

Congrats Bob, I will be by for one of those shirts next month sometime. Trying to shift the work schedule around as well to make the race in June.

Ron

No cookies,no shirt
Posted By: RonP

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/28/10 04:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

No cookies,no shirt

Got it, already called mom and have her on standy-by.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/28/10 06:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

No cookies,no shirt

Ron, don't forget the NY Strip for Maximus I would be more worried about keeping him happy then keeping Bob Happy

Russ

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/28/10 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

No cookies,no shirt

Ron, don't forget the NY Strip for Maximus I would be more worried about keeping him happy then keeping Bob Happy

Russ

Happy Maximus,happy Bob Maximus had "surf&turf" with Bob last night.Wife says I love him more than her,of course she's always right,like all women.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/29/10 12:14 AM

Dang Bob...YOU'RE OLD!!!

and to think....you're still keeping it "low key" so it doesn't get in the way of your chores! Thanks for all you've done for the hobby!

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/29/10 01:03 AM

Quote:

Dang Bob...YOU'RE OLD!!!

and to think....you're still keeping it "low key" so it doesn't get in the way of your chores! Thanks for all you've done for the hobby!

Tom,bet you didn't think I was that old.At least now I get paid to do "chores"
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/29/10 01:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

No cookies,no shirt

Russ

Happy Maximus,happy Bob Maximus had "surf&turf" with Bob last night.Wife says I love him more than her,of course she's always right,like all women.

I would do whatever Mr. Maximus wants!!!!

I used to think that you were the bear Bob, but now i know better.

Maximus is the BEAR!!!

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/30/10 12:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

No cookies,no shirt

Russ

I would do whatever Mr. Maximus wants!!!!

I used to think that you were the bear Bob, but now i know better.

Maximus is the BEAR!!!

Another late night at I-70 project,Maximus wasn't happy at me being late.After he and I had glazed chicken for dinner and frosty paws for desert he perked up
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/30/10 12:50 AM

What project are you guys doing? the tunnels at WVa and OH? I just drove from Columbus to Trenton NJ--I-70 to 76 straight across PA. I don't remember any construction but at the tunnel

by the way, thanks for keeping the east bound lanes open, in about 2 weeks, can you open up the west bound lanes for me? I'll be heading back home, and would prefer to burn straight through instead of taking the 470 bypass!

Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/30/10 01:31 AM

congrats on the big one

Re: BGR 50th Anniversay - 'Where it all began' - 04/30/10 05:09 AM

Quote:

What project are you guys doing? the tunnels at WVa and OH? I just drove from Columbus to Trenton NJ--I-70 to 76 straight across PA. I don't remember any construction but at the tunnel

by the way, thanks for keeping the east bound lanes open, in about 2 weeks, can you open up the west bound lanes for me? I'll be heading back home, and would prefer to burn straight through instead of taking the 470 bypass!

I-70 East/West bridge repairs from Washington to Claysville and I-70 East/West from Eighty Four to Monesson,brige repars and 12 miles of paving E/W.In Pittsburgh we have the Liberty Tunnels,Rankin Bridge,Westinghouse Bridge,Duquane Flyover Bridge,DAul Ramps at Turtlecreek,Brownsville Bridge on route SR-40.This just our Heavy Division.
© 2024 Moparts Forums