Moparts

4 link question

Posted By: cbarracuda

4 link question - 04/24/10 07:11 PM

We rent the track today to try our new car. The track was not prepared, very poor traction. At first the wheels where spining and the car cearly headed towards the right, but then it went straight. It has a competition 4 link kit. Any advace please
Thank you

Re: 4 link question - 04/24/10 07:40 PM

LOOKS LIKE NEEDS PRE LOAD IN THE PASSENG SIDE .how do you adjust for a crapy track
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 4 link question - 04/24/10 07:51 PM

Good starting point is neutral preload and scale the car,you want 30 to 50pounds heaverier on the right rear tire.If your not turn the right upper bar one flat(nut adjuster) at a time for preload till you get the weight there.From there it's adjust as needed for handling and track conditions. I wouldn't make a bunch of adjustment based on one bad pass.If the car repeatedly drives right in either lane on multipal passes then add a little preload in the upper right bar as needed.

Re: 4 link question - 04/24/10 09:56 PM

Quote:

Good starting point is neutral preload and scale the car,you want 30 to 50pounds heaverier on the right rear tire.If your not turn the right upper bar one flat(nut adjuster) at a time for preload till you get the weight there.From there it's adjust as needed for handling and track conditions. I wouldn't make a bunch of adjustment based on one bad pass.If the car repeatedly drives right in either lane on multipal passes then add a little preload in the upper right bar as needed.

Thanks for the info I will borrow the scales and then put the driver inside and go for the 30 to 50 heavier on the right
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: 4 link question - 04/24/10 10:29 PM

you tune for track conditions with fornt and rear shocks and front travel
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: 4 link question - 04/24/10 10:30 PM

Quote:

you tune for track conditions with fornt and rear shocks and front travel

thats what I was thinking

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 12:56 AM

We tune with shocks for weight transfer,hook and hit.Driving right or left we use preload.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 12:58 AM

Quote:

We tune with shocks for weight transfer,hook and hit.Driving right or left we use preload.

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 02:07 AM

Which of the holes will provide the best traction in a track with poor traction?
I've set mine where the two x's are

Attached picture 5945549-car.jpg

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 02:12 AM

Quote:

Which of the holes will provide the best traction in a track with poor traction?

LOL... your asking something that cant be answered
with 2 Xs.... whats the IC length and height... weight
of the car and HP... where's the CG

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

LOL... your asking something that cant be answered
with 2 Xs.... whats the IC length and height... weight
of the car and HP... where's the CG

Car weights 2700 lbs. with driver, HP around 700, wheel base 117". I can't answer the other two questions. The car is sitting low

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 02:29 AM

Car weights 2700 lbs. with driver, HP around 700, wheel base 117". I can't answer the other two questions. The car is sitting low

Plot out the holes and start about 45" out and 6" up
... you may need to move outward to about 55"... each
car is some what trial and error but thats a starting
point

Re: 4 link question - 04/25/10 03:33 AM

Quote:

Plot out the holes and start about 45" out and 6" up
... you may need to move outward to about 55"... each
car is some what trial and error but thats a starting
point

It was already at 45 but it was low about 2 inches, so I'm going to try to move outwards at 55 and go 6 or 7 inches up
thank you

Re: 4 link question - 04/26/10 09:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

What do you think of this weight distribution:
56 front, 44 rear is it ok?
or is it better to add weight to get 50 50?

Re: 4 link question - 04/26/10 09:09 PM

Most scale heavy on the front,you should be fine.
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: 4 link question - 04/27/10 01:06 AM

Are you sure you have 117" wheel base? If that is a stock wheelbase barracuda, I would bet it's not. I usually go 1/2 wheelbase about 3 inches high to start.

Re: 4 link question - 04/27/10 01:31 AM

Quote:

Are you sure you have 117" wheel base? If that is a stock wheelbase barracuda, I would bet it's not. I usually go 1/2 wheelbase about 3 inches high to start.

No, It's not for my Barracuda. I'm working on a 1953 Studebaker with 512 Mopar 727- 8 3/4
© 2024 Moparts Forums