Moparts

Schubecks on the street?

Posted By: 440forPOWER

Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 12:00 AM

Just curious, is or has anyone used Schubeck lifters for a street motor? I'm planning a bb street build and have an extra set sitting here. If I run enough spring pressure will they live at low rpms? Thanks in advance
Posted By: oldiron

Re: Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 12:07 AM

Drove cross country with them. Keep adding displacement, still using them in 3rd motor
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 02:54 AM

I can only speak for his Roller X lifters.

They are JUNK!!!
Posted By: 440forPOWER

Re: Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 03:26 AM

Yeah these are the flat tappet lifters.
Posted By: BradH

Re: Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 03:35 AM

I'll be blunt... the only set of Schubecks I trust are the ones I've had since 1999. Mine have 6000+ miles of street / strip / dyno use on five different cams w/o any issues. However, something happened w/ their quality control or manufacturing process at some point after I bought mine and they shipped a lot of lifters that simply didn't hold up before going out of business.

If you don't know when the set you have were made and they haven't ever been used, I'd be scared to put 'em in anything.
Posted By: oldiron

Re: Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 04:12 PM

My flat tappets came from Schubeck in 2000 & been great. Schubecks are no longer manufactured by Schubeck, I think its now Smith Machine and can be had through FBO. Good service
Posted By: BELVEDERE67

Re: Schubecks on the street? - 04/04/10 04:19 PM

I've had mine on since 2003. That's the year I bought mine. No issues at all. Like has been said above, their quality had been suspect. I do have to keep them adjusted. The ceramics or puck does NOT like float or out of adjustment. Some have had that ceramic disintegrate.....not good. Attend to that detail and you should be fine.

Attached picture 5906976-2807897-belvy.gif
© 2024 Moparts Forums