Moparts

April 17th - Mopars @ the Rock who's in ???

Posted By: hemiparts

April 17th - Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/03/10 04:56 PM

Allright ya'll it's 2 weeks the the 19th annual Mopars @ the Rock who's comming ??? RonP, Lenny, Dean ???? Anybody heard if Bob Reed has something together, he and Dean useally mathrace everyear and with the Cuda torn up @ Z-Max I haven't heard if they are back up and running. Hope to see everyone there.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 12:16 PM

We'll be there. Dad might be bringing his road runner too.

RonP can't make it due to work.
Don't think sixpackgut is gonna make it either.

Who else is going? Anyone going up friday for T&T and camping out overnight? CHIP
Posted By: RonP

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 01:16 PM

I wish you guys luck . I will be in Colorado that weekend. I am bumming for sure. I know the crew that usually comes with me will be there.

catch up with you guys later at some point.
Posted By: carolinacuda

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 02:59 PM

unless somethings happens i will be there.
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 04:34 PM

Would have been great to make it down for that race, but of course dont have either one of the cars together. Maybe we will make it back down there next year.
Posted By: Badfish67

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 06:49 PM

I'll be thee racing if I get my engine back in time.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 08:07 PM

The PTRA season opener is the same weekend so Daurity won't be there either.

Haven't heard from Lenny... you out there man???

Looks like I'll probably just wait until saturday morning to come up.
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 08:25 PM

Truck is not done.I will bring it to the Rock just for show.Bring all your cash I will have a ton of stuff for sell.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 09:19 PM

Count me in! Can't wait! I will be in the Flea--I need a nice 440 block-any year--cash waiting --would love to take home two! PM me if you have one--lets talk--also need 440 steel crank-- Ya'll wait until you see Lennys Dakota--It is SWEET!!! The carbon Fiber "paint" is amazing!
Posted By: sdaurity

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/05/10 09:55 PM

Quote:

The PTRA season opener is the same weekend so Daurity won't be there either.

Haven't heard from Lenny... you out there man???

Looks like I'll probably just wait until saturday morning to come up.

I'm coming, I only have 3 passes on the car with the turbo mess so I'm not driving 4 1/2 hrs to basically test at the 1st race i'm gonna drive 45 min and test some with all my Mopar peeps. Chip you need to get in the forced inductiopn section and see the pics of my car and all. Oh and Pops is bringing 3 or 4 cars of coarse.
Posted By: 69RR383

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/07/10 12:07 AM

Glad to hear you and the "oldman" are going to make it-see ya there!
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/07/10 12:19 AM

I might make it. I haven't been to this show in 4 years.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/07/10 11:24 AM

Quote:

I might make it. I haven't been to this show in 4 years.

Come on down Darrell-drag WC and Laura with you! LOL
Posted By: johnnyp

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/08/10 02:47 AM

We are coming on saturday morning due to son birthday on friday. Hope to have daughters car done to make her first pass in the car. How cool would that be? First time down the track and be at the ROCK to !!!!
Posted By: jimmysarrow

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/08/10 03:35 AM

Me and my arrow will be there Saturday & trying out a new e85 carb set-up.
Posted By: chris3

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/08/10 12:20 PM

Going to be good weather. Rain tonight all the pollen should be gone. Cool temperatures, high 60's low 70's. See everyone there.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/08/10 07:25 PM

That will be fun and scary for Pa at the same time-See ya there Johnny

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/08/10 07:29 PM

Will one of the Mods sticky this thread? Less than 2 weeks til the event-Thanks

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/09/10 01:57 AM

Hey Mods, Thanks for the sticky !!!!

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/09/10 04:04 AM

Hey where you at call me?
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/09/10 01:55 PM

Will see if I can make the trip, I love the track and the folks down there are "Good ole Boys"..I enjoy going there.....Phill

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/09/10 02:07 PM

Quote:

Hey Mods, Thanks for the sticky !!!!

x2
Posted By: HMcCandless_Jr

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/11/10 01:17 PM

We may just there with the 67 Wagon. I dont think anything is going on with my boys and their Jr Dragsters.

Herb Jr

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/11/10 02:01 PM

Why don't you bring them? Maybe we could get Steve to let them race to my son would be up for that? He ready to try his car out this year and my daughters to.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/11/10 04:05 PM

I'm sure that steve would make a spot for them to get some runs in during the day on Saurday.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/12/10 06:36 PM

Well hope the track is better than it was this past weekend under the sun. We only got down during the day with the power waaay down.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/12/10 06:43 PM

Quote:

Well hope the track is better than it was this past weekend under the sun. We only got down during the day with the power waaay down.

Great. Not sure I'm going to be able to make it to Darlington on Wednesday night to test the new tires. I may have to wait until Saturday at the Rock. If the track prep is going to be like it has been the past few times I've been up there, I might as well leave the car in the trailer. There's no point in trying to run on test and tune night there...the highway outside the gate hooks as good as the starting line.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/12/10 08:06 PM

9sec was that due to the pollen from the pine trees on the track? Last year on Friday night the track (right lane) was super, up to the point everyone had to quit running at 9:00 pm due to the thunderstorms. Track was pretty good on Saturday morning, after the rain. Looking forward to the event.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/12/10 08:43 PM

Quote:

9sec was that due to the pollen from the pine trees on the track? Last year on Friday night the track (right lane) was super, up to the point everyone had to quit running at 9:00 pm due to the thunderstorms. Track was pretty good on Saturday morning, after the rain. Looking forward to the event.

Now don't take offence to this but a 7 sec bracket car should/will hook anywhere. When you get very heavy cars with lots of power and radials or smaller tires track prep means alot. and during the heat of the day rockingham is rarely up to par.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/12/10 08:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Great. Not sure I'm going to be able to make it to Darlington on Wednesday night to test the new tires. I may have to wait until Saturday at the Rock. If the track prep is going to be like it has been the past few times I've been up there, I might as well leave the car in the trailer. There's no point in trying to run on test and tune night there...the highway outside the gate hooks as good as the starting line.

It wasn't too bad we went 4.88 @ 157 sat. nite but the 1st 2 on sat we blew the tires off on the starting line, and about when the 4th stage of boost came on. Only good run under the sun was 1st round sun. We went 4.94 @ 155 the rest was bad.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/12/10 10:18 PM

Man that is flying. I will get with you when I get back from Colorado and head your way. you are coming to Farmington on May 8th???

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/13/10 12:02 PM

Quote:

Man that is flying. I will get with you when I get back from Colorado and head your way. you are coming to Farmington on May 8th???

I didn't run that, it was my buddys top street car. But I did go 125 mph. And if the car is still running I'll be at the Farm.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/13/10 12:39 PM

Gotcha, still 125 is moving and I am sure there is more in it. Catch up with you at the farm if not sooner.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/15/10 10:08 PM

Hey Jimmy you want to go head and spilt the money sense no one else is going to be there? By the way this posts looks?

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 02:56 AM

Quote:

Hey Jimmy you want to go head and spilt the money sense no one else is going to be there? By the way this posts looks?

don't forget me
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: April 17th - Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 08:44 AM

Sled City Fiberglass will be there selling and taking orders on all their race parts. Look for us around the Ronald Lysle's red,white and black Duster.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 11:33 AM

Well that makes it what 3 or 4 ways now instead of 2 we can still do that?

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 12:26 PM

Don't plan it short. The car events I have been to this year already an thought would be a small crowd have been big turn-outs. I've talked to several local folks who are planning to go and some even appear to have money and are planning on visiting the swap meet.

We'll be there and having fun.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 12:35 PM

Quote:

Well that makes it what 3 or 4 ways now instead of 2 we can still do that?

maybe we can get 2 cars in each lane and run the first annual "4 Wide Moparts Nationals"

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 01:55 PM

A guy I do some work for in a Demon is coming for footbrake and He is usually in the late rounds always he went to the finals on sat and sun last weekend at civil wars. and i talked to Tim Sloan the other day and they are coming with a couple stock elim. cars too.

Re: Mopars @ the Rock who's in ??? - 04/16/10 02:21 PM

They always draw a good crowd everyear, see ya'll there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums