Moparts

Cast iron manifolds?

Posted By: TrxR

Cast iron manifolds? - 03/08/10 05:37 PM

I think I found a set of factory manifolds that would fit my application but was wondering how well you guys think they would hold up? Would they last , will I be able to keep them sealed? They wont be holding the wight of the turbo or anything like that.

Thanks
Posted By: Shaker223

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 03/08/10 05:42 PM

They will work quite fine. I used the stock slant 6 manifold without issue before I built a set of headers. There are a number of other guys using manifolds out there. They will chime in soon enough with their experience.
Posted By: feets

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 03/08/10 08:36 PM

That all depends on the application. Some manifolds work easily while others won't fit without major surgery.

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 03/08/10 08:50 PM

Im not that concerned about the fit as it will be in a truck with an engine plate. I was more asking about the longevity,strength and sealing to the head.

Thanks
Posted By: TRENDZ

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 03/09/10 12:05 AM

Other than stainless headers, I don't think you could do better than cast manifolds.
Posted By: valiantboy

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 03/11/10 04:26 PM

id have to agree. thays what ill be useing in the van. either 340hp's or a set of newer magnum 2.5" units.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 03/31/10 07:18 PM

I don't think anything seals to the head better than manifolds.
Posted By: feets

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 04/02/10 01:15 AM

I dug out my cast iron manifolds for another look. I'd have to do some major surgery on the manifolds to fit. It would require moving the outlets up top.
I simply don't think it's worth that kind of investment on my car.

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 04/02/10 01:46 AM

Im just thinking that in a Dakota with an engine plate it might just work.
Posted By: topfueldart

Re: Cast iron manifolds? - 04/02/10 07:43 AM

They work fine for me.
© 2024 Moparts Forums