What is this Gen 3 motor?
Posted By: nitroram33

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/02/10 01:51 PM

Quote:

What is this Gen 3 motor?

Third Gen HEMI (5.7L/6.1L)
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/02/10 04:13 PM

Mopar Performance will not activate the part number until July. The part number Mancini is publicizing is no good and nobody can order it. Mopar is not accepting backorders because it does not exist for public consumption at this point in time.

However don't let that discourage anyone! Everyone please feel free to give Mancini your money now and let them hang on to it for four months, if that would make you happy

It's a free country (insert American flag waving smiley).

Other than that, barring any major disasters it's supposed to be tested somewhere north of 1000HP between now and July. If the blocks are good for that, I'm going to find out first hand.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/02/10 04:18 PM

Quote:

Mopar Performance will not activate the part number until July. The part number Mancini is publicizing is no good and nobody can order it. Mopar is not accepting backorders because it does not exist for public consumption at this point in time.

However don't let that discourage anyone! Everyone please feel free to give Mancini your money now and let them hang on to it for four months, if that would make you happy

It's a free country

Other than that, barring any major disasters it's supposed to be tested somewhere north of 1000HP between now and July. If the blocks are good for that, I'm going to find out first hand.

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/02/10 05:09 PM

Thanks for the help

It really is a super cool piece, featherweight...I really like it and it should be interesting to see if we can blow the crankshaft right out the bottom of it
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/03/10 02:28 AM

I am not familiar with the new hemi engines.

Does it have 2 or 4 bolt mains, plus side bolts into the mains?
Posted By: hemidup

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/03/10 04:17 AM

Quote:

I am not familiar with the new hemi engines.

Does it have 2 or 4 bolt mains, plus side bolts into the mains?

The cast iron blocks have 2 bolt mains plus side bolts. The aluminum blocks will also have additional 4 bolt mains and side bolts on the #2,#3 & #4. The cast iron Hemi engine weighs in around 450 lbs less fluids. The aluminum Hemi block weighs 85 lbs less putting the engine at 365 lbs. You can feasibly get 468 cubes out of the aluminum block Hemi.
Posted By: drooze

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/03/10 04:42 AM

LSM is making / can / has made BILLET Gen III water blocks for the same price or LESS than the Mopar piece.....

Now THAT Cool...

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/03/10 02:54 PM

http://lsmeng.com/Billet-Blocks.html

http://lsmeng.com/index.html

Quote:

Manufacturing Billet Blocks starting at $5995

Posted By: Spode

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/03/10 03:16 PM

Quote:

http://lsmeng.com/Billet-Blocks.html

http://lsmeng.com/index.html

Quote:

Manufacturing Billet Blocks starting at $5995

pretty cool stuff $$$$$
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/04/10 01:45 AM

Quote:

just saw in my Mancini Ad
part number P5155507 4.125 siamese bore $4K
any more info on this?
makes me wanna ditch my Predator stuff

boy, I outta slap you silly
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/04/10 02:54 AM

the main reason would be the power to weight ratio
an all aluminum Gen III would weigh less than 400 pounds and the handling on the car would be better
I always wanted an all aluminum small block

but who am I kidding. I have too much invested in the Predator stuff

maybe if I ever get an ebody Challenger

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/09/10 09:22 PM

Just a quick cell phone shot of one of very few of these blocks that are out there.

Attached picture 5854735-aluminum6.1.jpg
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/09/10 11:30 PM

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/10/10 12:23 AM

I'd like to say it's a top secret spy shot, but since a bare block was on display at Autorama that really wouldn't be true.

This one was bolted together, but I can't say exactly what the combination is just yet. Probably later....

With any luck, maybe...MAYBE the part # will get activated sometime before summer, barring any major catastrophes. At the moment it isn't set up to be activated for quite a long time, though.
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/10/10 12:45 AM

well atleast your trying. and that says alot in my book!!!
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/10/10 03:07 AM

Quote:

Yes, but will they hold up to 1500hp? I am thinking one would look killer in the Dart with a procharger. Do these take standard small block transmissions?
Posted By: RokketRide

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/10/10 03:48 AM

Hopefully they'll realize how much better the whole SRT-8 line will be if they change them over. Ford figured it out:
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_GT500_Engine.pdf

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/10/10 02:43 PM

Quote:

Yes, but will they hold up to 1500hp?

Not sure if that exact number is going to be achieved but at some point in the future it will probably be approached. Not sure if it'll happen before the block is sold to the public, or after.

Quote:

Do these take standard small block transmissions?

Yes they do, same as iron 5.7 and 6.1.
Posted By: ChrgrCuda

Re: Gen III Aluminum Block - 03/10/10 06:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, but will they hold up to 1500hp? I am thinking one would look killer in the Dart with a procharger. Do these take standard small block transmissions?

Uh huh. I know what you're thinking.
© 2024 Moparts Forums