Moparts

Rockers For Big Ez heads

Posted By: moparmattkos

Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 01:41 PM

I need to buy a set of rockers for my big ez heads. I will be running around a 650 flat tappet. Will these rockers work for the indy heads? I have a friend that bought some and they have been holding up great!!!

http://www.mrperformanceparts.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1411
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 01:54 PM

You can buy the Indy Dove style for the same if not less money.They will work for your application.I have seen used Indy and Crane go for $200 and less as well as H/S for $500+-.
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 03:38 PM

Big EZ (325) require the offset intake rockers

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 04:07 PM

You are correct,missed the "big".They require the offset intake rockers.This will limit you on whose rockers to use.Indy cost aprox $500+.Jesel $1200+ and T&D $1100+
Posted By: moparmattkos

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 04:29 PM

These are offset intake rockers. They fit eddy victors. Is the victor offset different than the big ez's?

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 04:38 PM

Big EZ uses a .800 offset HS makes them also

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 04:59 PM

Quote:

These are offset intake rockers. They fit eddy victors. Is the victor offset different than the big ez's?

Victors requires the offset intake rocker like the 440-1s and Big EZs

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 05:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Like but not the same Victor uses a .600 offset

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 06:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like but not the same Victor uses a .600 offset

Correct me if I'am wrong,,but can't the .800 offset be used with the correct spacers?

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 06:17 PM

I would not want to do that - you would end up offseting the roller tip on the valve stem somewhat - I know some folks tried to slot the push rod hole over. Just not worth the risk of popping a retainer when the right parts are now avaiable for both set-ups. The big issue with those victor heads was the rocker arms at first - the head was released prior to the rockers being available.

Re: Rockers For Big Ez heads - 02/24/10 06:20 PM

Quote:

I would not want to do that - you would end up offseting the roller tip on the valve stem somewhat - I know some folks tried to slot the push rod hole over. Just not worth the risk of popping a retainer when the right parts are now avaiable for both set-ups. The big issue with those victor heads was the rocker arms at first - the head was released prior to the rockers being available.

© 2024 Moparts Forums