Moparts

WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for......

Posted By: B1CUDA

WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 04:44 AM

I was just contacted by a Chrysler rep, who told me that Chrysler is going to be shooting a new commercial for the Dodge truck, at the Fairplex Dragstrip in Pomona. The commercial is going to show the race car doing a burnout, and than another shot of the car launching off the line. In another shot, the car will be on an open trailer, being towed by the new Dodge truck, while a Brand X car or truck will be in the the other lane.
Chrysler wants a 70-71 Challenger or 70 Cuda that looks like a race car, so, I figured I would help them, by passing the word along here. They are seriously considering my car, as they think that I am apparently brain damaged to have my motor/tire combination. (I don't think they will choose me, as I totally understand them wanting to use an E-body car)

This will be a nationally televised commercial, and a cool opportunity to show your car to millions of people. If you are interested, live in southern California, and your car is truly presentable, shoot me a PM, with a pic or two of your car, and I will be happy to pass them on to the rep at Chrysler. Whoever gets their car in this commercial, will have some serious bench racing ammo for years to come.

Mods: Please don't move this post, as I am trying to find a Race Car only, for this commercial.
Thank you
Posted By: PUNK

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 04:51 AM

I would be willing to bet that Don Little would bring his SuperStock/Stock ELiminator Challenger down for a commercial. Great looking wheels way up in the air, race car. Talk to Mazz about this. He might just find a good 70-71 E Body race car..

Attached picture 5824617-1003phr_01_o+1969_plymouth_barracuda+passenger_side_front.jpg
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 04:51 AM

Chris, they looking for a stickered up racer or a Fast street strip car?

70blackfish has a nice, black 10 sec Cuda.

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 04:56 AM

Rob, he was the first guy/car that I thought of. Hopefully, he sees this, and shoots me a pic or two. As far as the stickers and stuff, to be honest, they were not too clear on that.

Sloan, Good idea, thank you. I was thinking about Eric Bells 70 S/S Challenger as well.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 04:58 AM

What they dont want ot use a REAl race car like mine
Posted By: Race&Resto

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 04:58 AM

What about the guy with the Lime Light 70 Hemi Cuda with the narrowed rear-end in it,
isn't he from SoCal.

http://www.bfghemicuda.com/
Posted By: SRT6776

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:15 AM

+1 Vote for Alguire..otherwise call Carinci from Toronto and pay to ship his 70 out there.

Chrysler has 0 room for failure...USE THE RIGHT PROPS!!!!
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:15 AM

Quote:

What about the guy with the Lime Light 70 Hemi Cuda with the narrowed rear-end in it,
isn't he from SoCal.

http://www.bfghemicuda.com/

nice!

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:26 AM

Quote:

What they dont want ot use a REAl race car like mine

REAL race car? Nahhhh, real race cars have at least, a 7.50 cert and over 1300 HP.

XOXO,
Chris

Alright, back to the hunt for a Challenger/Cuda!
"70 Blackfish"....where are those pics?

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:29 AM

I have the 7.50 cert but only a whimpy 1050hp. If only the original builder had the cohones to build more

We have a 70 Cuda Vert, or a 70 Chally, no race cars but hey we can fake it with them camera tricks

Maybe you need to sell them on the idea of lining up a couple of low 8 second A bodies..I now I can get the front wheels up there for them how about you

Seriously I hope you guys find a nice car down there. Plenty of them around, sounds like it would be an interesting experience for someone. That purple car of Carincis is vry nice but it is Chevy powered these days...

Posted By: Keith Richards

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:39 AM

All I have is a wimpy 765hp pump gas low 9 second car.

Attached picture 5824705-IMG_1156.JPG

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:40 AM

uh.....northern Cali.

Attached picture 5824708-22163_1371731135616_1301895782_1077444_7760305_n.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:41 AM

I could make a trip.........

Attached picture 5824709-IMG_1276.JPG

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:43 AM

Attached picture 5824713-IMG_1246.JPG

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:45 AM

DING DING.....We have a winner...Forgot all about yours Keith, must be the old age setting in.

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 05:47 AM

Racebeep, all of the pics you just posted, have been forwarded to the Chrysler reps.

I think they could care less as far as power, as long as the car can do a good burnout, and launch pretty well.

Thank you for your quick response.

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for...... - 02/23/10 06:02 AM

Thanks, Just put in the new to me 2006 Mopar Muscle pump gas HP winner (by MEW) , plan on racing cheap this year!
I also plan on making it look even more stock this year with my old T/A hood. This car IS an original R/T car. Still has the VIN.
Car best is 9.04 but will be 9.40's hopefully with pump gas motor.
Uhh...yeah and it can do whatever burnout you want...........

Keith
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 06:06 AM

my car has had some TV time Before....thanks for thinking of me.

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 06:14 AM

70Black, got your PM, and sent you my e-mail.

Thank you!
Chris
Posted By: G_bob

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 06:46 AM

Sure you can't talk 'em into a nice yellow b-body?

Posted By: 11secdart

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 12:47 PM

Whatever car gets in its Cool! what a great oppurtunity! Littles or Bells cars are nice and fast, I read /heard Bells car was for sale and he was building an AH car. Don`t the Loges have an E body S/Ser also?

Attached File
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 03:30 PM

No offense to anyone mentioned here but, What about 7SECCUDA's car? Or DTHemi's car?
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 05:57 PM

My vote would be Racebeepers Challenger!!!!!
Posted By: 70RTRacer

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 02/23/10 06:22 PM

Man I wish I was closer.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/23/10 09:00 PM

I just got a call from my contact person, and he said that the folks at Chrysler want a black car.....ONLY. That pretty much kills the hopes for several of us, however, one of the first cars that I thought of, the Cuda of "70Blackfish", is still a candidate. I forwarded the pics of his car, and am awaiting an answer.

70Blackfish, I am trying everything I can for you.
Posted By: PUNK

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/23/10 10:19 PM

70Blackfish sounds like a likely candidate. Tell them to check out the March issue of Popular Hot Rodding Magazine and see what they think about that Black Cuda
Im actually surprised that they arent having one of the new DragPack Challengers being used. There is a Black one that I think Holts shop built, it has an elephant cartoon of some sort painted on the door. Wicked looking car. 70Blackfish is my vote.

Attached picture 5825804-1003phr_04_o+1969_plymouth_barracuda+driver_side_front.jpg
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/24/10 06:31 AM

Someone in our club got a call too and he called me today.

He thought of 70blackfish also, but didn't have his number. He heard they were looking for a black Challenger and they did not mention race car to him. The info came from the car coordinator that did the recent CSI TV show muscle car shoot in Las Vegas in December.

These deals are a game of telephone.

Quote:

I just got a call from my contact person, and he said that the folks at Chrysler want a black car.....ONLY. That pretty much kills the hopes for several of us, however, one of the first cars that I thought of, the Cuda of "70Blackfish", is still a candidate. I forwarded the pics of his car, and am awaiting an answer.

Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/24/10 09:25 AM

How about a Purple/Silver A Body?? Only 375 miles away..

Been on Pinks All Out..

Hmmmm..

Chris..

Attached picture 5826919-2006028(Large).JPG
Posted By: speedy383

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/24/10 02:50 PM

I will throw mine in ,race only but shaker,all stock trim,all mopar .

Attached picture 5827142-racecar014.jpg
Posted By: speedy383

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/24/10 02:52 PM

Another one,i am in Northern cal but have no problem getting down there ,i just retired.

Attached picture 5827147-racecar015.jpg
Posted By: moparbrown14

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/24/10 03:18 PM

i can be there in a few days lol sounds like don littles challenger is ideal for this. its very fast hooks very hard and looks great plus mopar does still make the challenger

Attached picture 5827173-Cuda.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/24/10 04:32 PM

I am stiiiiiiiillllll waiting on a response, after submitting the pics of the 70Blackfish car. As I told him, these are corporate "muckety-mucks" that are very picky, and they will change their mind on something in nothing flat. I will post any new info as I get it. Back to waiting...........

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 01:48 AM

Here is the hood that is going back on this weekend, think it will look great with the current R/T stripe! No throttle stop racing this year!

Attached picture 5828369-24244327.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 01:49 AM

one more.

Attached picture 5828373-24244336.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 01:57 AM

Isnt DTHEMI's car at least on the west coast....that would be top notch
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 01:58 AM

Quote:

Here is the hood that is going back on this weekend, think it will look great with the current R/T stripe! No throttle stop racing this year!

That looks great....will it run slower with the TA hood? Why did you switch?

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 05:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That looks great....will it run slower with the TA hood? Why did you switch?

When I have switched them back and forth before not much change 1/2 a tenth at best IIRC.
Want a more stock look for a while and plans of racing stop classes this year have changed. It is way easier to dial ALL OUT at low 9's then on the stop. May take both hoods to a TNT and see next week. If you want an example look at all the Stock eliminator cars going fast, yeah they have awesome motors but flat or little scoop hoods.
Posted By: ElefuntMan

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 06:31 AM

Well, mine is just sitting in the trailer, already in So. Cal.....

Attached picture 5829008-Phoenix.JPG
Posted By: Race&Resto

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/25/10 02:31 PM

I think someone here should try to convince the brass that he can have half a dozen to a dozen cars show up for the shoot, it would make a hell of a commercial !!!
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 04:20 AM

Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/28/10 04:23 AM

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 04:56 AM

If ANYBODY has been chosen, it is news to me. To be perfectly honest, I am real disappointed in the way the folks at Chrysler have handled this. I was told that they wanted my car, and than they wanted a black car, soooooooo, I found a black car that fit the bill (The Cuda of 70Blackfish). I submitted the pics, and than the communication has ceased to exist?? Kinda tacky if you ask me, as they were in a rush to find a car, and than I stuck my neck out, trying to get a car for them, and than this happens. I had reservations about saying anything in the first place, as I feared that this may happen. My intent was to hook someone up, with a very cool experience. I did my part, but, the folks that came to me, in a panic, have not done their part.
I will think twice, next time they want some help.
I hope whoever gets picked, has a great experience, and gets a bunch of exposure. This is the part where I bow out........
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 05:16 AM

Chris, you tried, got some cars to them and they do whatever...

That's the way the corporate world unfortunately is.

Hope whoever gets picked has a good experience.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 05:17 AM

Quote:

If ANYBODY has been chosen, it is news to me. To be perfectly honest, I am real disappointed in the way the folks at Chrysler have handled this. I was told that they wanted my car, and than they wanted a black car, soooooooo, I found a black car that fit the bill (The Cuda of 70Blackfish). I submitted the pics, and than the communication has ceased to exist?? Kinda tacky if you ask me, as they were in a rush to find a car, and than I stuck my neck out, trying to get a car for them, and than this happens. I had reservations about saying anything in the first place, as I feared that this may happen. My intent was to hook someone up, with a very cool experience. I did my part, but, the folks that came to me, in a panic, have not done their part.
I hope whoever gets picked, has a great experience, and gets a bunch of exposure. This is the part where I bow out........

All extremely typical. It's the production company running the commercial.

We get these calls on the club hotline from time to time... In a panic, wanting everyone to jump and find them a car in about 10 days notice. About the same deal you have here. The story usually changes and gets more specific to what car they really need as time goes one. And they shotgun effect the car casting call all over the place. So a bunch of people are looking the same time you are.

I got a call on Tuesday afternoon looking for a black Challenger for this same commercial, from a clubmember, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from someone that was a transportation coordinator for a recent CSI shoot in Las Vegas.

For your efforts, you get nothing. Been there, done that.

That's why they have these professional movie car brokers. They will negotiate a price, find a car, and get a cut of the deal.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 12:38 PM

Quote:

heres my black 70 hemi cuda. i have slicks for it.

Attached picture 5835167-HEMICUDA.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 12:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All extremely typical. It's the production company running the commercial.

We get these calls on the club hotline from time to time... In a panic, wanting everyone to jump and find them a car in about 10 days notice. About the same deal you have here. The story usually changes and gets more specific to what car they really need as time goes one. And they shotgun effect the car casting call all over the place. So a bunch of people are looking the same time you are.

I got a call on Tuesday afternoon looking for a black Challenger for this same commercial, from a clubmember, who heard it from a friend, who heard it from someone that was a transportation coordinator for a recent CSI shoot in Las Vegas.

For your efforts, you get nothing. Been there, done that.

That's why they have these professional movie car brokers. They will negotiate a price, find a car, and get a cut of the deal.

i get these calls also regarding aquariums and fish for commercials. they need it in 3 hours or less.. like a 300 gallon aquarium or we need 150 seahorses and 200 fish to fill it up. we need it now.
they never pull the rigger or i never hear from them again.
Posted By: steelhead

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 01:02 PM

SUPERSTOCKRACER that car is AWSOME

Attached picture 5835197-HOTRODS001.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 02/28/10 01:25 PM

Quote:

SUPERSTOCKRACER that car is AWSOME

thanks skip! i'm dieing to do a 70 Cuda for drag racing.
theres a neat one for sale but only has a cage done. everything else needs to be done and i dont want another project.
looking for a SS/DA type cuda w/ shaker hood.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/02/10 04:02 PM

Quote:

Typical, I have also had run ins with these guys at the track, lots of promises, no results. Just take what you can get, if anything!

Attached picture 5840494-DSA1.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/02/10 04:08 PM

Just sold this one, sounds like just what you wanted.

Attached picture 5840504-teaser5.jpg

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 02:53 AM

Did the deal yesterday.

Attached picture 5846052-IMG_4218_edited-1.jpg

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/05/10 03:19 AM

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 04:19 AM

Quote:

Congrats Keith ...good to see a member get some press and cash

Yep, I have a full race budget for this years racing in place now. Helps in this economy for sure.
Posted By: G_bob

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 05:08 AM

Congrats! Glad it came through.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 05:15 AM

Keith congrats on the ink or tape or film or whatever it is. So does this mean you will be at the Mats now. Oh yeah I can ad your autograph to Rich's now. Man the celebrities up here in Norcal

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 05:49 AM

Debating on Mats, pretty busy at work right now trying to close out a multi million dollar home so we shall see.

It was a great trip left Nor-Cal 4am tuesday, arrived in Hollywood to drop the car off at noon. Went out to Pomona Wednesday at 8am and was there till 6pm. Spent the morning driving for them (that pump gas wedge is awesome!) and then spent 5 hours while they got there shot with the car on the trailer, then the car came off again for more driving. It was a great experience thet the wife and I will not soon forget. When we left Pomona we hit traffic that was crazy. 18 miles in 2.5 hours! Hit 5 and never looked back ended up at home 4:30 this am got 3 hours sleep and in late to work.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 06:00 AM

Keith sounds like a great experience. Hopefully you and the wife can make the MATS but I understand the commitments. I understand the lack of sleep thing oh to well lately. We hit LA on our way to AZ at 4PM due to a bridge issue with the motorhome and trailer in tow..Not one of my happier lefe experiences.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 06:09 AM

Here is a talent I have, burnouts while the director is chatting with me! lol The wife and I got a ton of pictures and video which they did not mind. Lot of cool peple to work with and they loved the LOUD car and burnouts.

Attached picture 5846358-IMG_4179_edited-1.jpg
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 06:16 AM

Cool...........can`t wait to see the commercial or whatever you`re doin.

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 06:53 AM

Quote:

Here is a talent I have, burnouts while the director is chatting with me! lol The wife and I got a ton of pictures and video which they did not mind. Lot of cool peple to work with and they loved the LOUD car and burnouts.

You know if you drove the car, did you get listed as a stunt driver. Are you eligible for residuals?

My buddy did a AAA commericial droving his circle track car and still gets residuals. I think he had to join SAG becauase of the stunt driving.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 12:58 PM

Quote:

Did the deal yesterday.

That is so cool....lucky you! Congrats and I hope to see the commercial someday on YouTube or something, because I don't watch TV.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: WANTED! Southern Cal. E - body Race Car - UPDATED - 03/05/10 01:22 PM

Congrats !Looks like a Cool experience!

Posted By: Defbob

Re: WANTED! Southern California E - body Race Car for.. - 03/06/10 01:33 AM

I am putting a '68 Hemi scoop and black rims with Drag radials on the convertible this year

Attached picture 5847626-convertible-10.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums