Moparts

WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM

Posted By: dthemi

WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/26/07 11:34 AM

For anyone interested, The American Muscle Car TV show was taping at Engine Systems in Tucker Ga. A few weeks ago for the show that airs tonight on Speed vision @ 9:30PM.

We built 3 motors for the show titled “the fastest muscle car engines of all time”. We did an L88 Chevy, a 427 tunnel port FE Ford, and a 426 HEMI for them to dyno test. The motors were to have things done to them that would have been done by places like Yenko, Mr Norms, and so on. I have no idea what kind of spin will be put on this show, but I can assure all you guys that MOPAR will be properly represented. Though the Hemi is a pump gas motor, it may have a couple more twists of the wrench than the others, but don’t tell any of the Chevy or Ford brethren. Everything had to be put together from the parts we had available. The carbs on the Hemi were a little small, and gave us a small hiccup transitioning between circuits, but the end result should please all you guys.

The camera man and I worked together for National Geographic and other networks on diving specials, and I worked several times for the producer @ Coca Cola in years past, so it was fun to catch up. Man O man what a small world we live in.
Posted By: Dartman928

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/26/07 03:09 PM

DT

Is that the place where you get your engines built
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/26/07 03:13 PM

Will do.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/26/07 03:29 PM

Thats where I build mine, though they are far more qualified than me.
Posted By: 383man

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/26/07 04:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I will definetly check it out. Ron

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/26/07 06:04 PM

I just got a letter from the producer telling me they would use a shot of my buddys Hemi Dart doing a burn out in front of the shop. It was the most out of control, stupid burn out I've seen in a long time! It should have resulted in a trip to the hospital, the body shop, or both. He slid sideways to a stop about 8" from the end of the drive, and missed two BMWs parked at the end of the lot also by about 6"!!!! If you guys have seen the flyer for the race @ South Georgia Motorsports park in ceicel It's the Orange dart in the center picture. A stunt man could not have pulled it off in less than 10 trys.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 12:04 AM

Posted By: Bigcube

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 12:05 AM

Thanks for the reminder
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 12:16 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the reminder

Posted By: FY1CUDA

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 12:49 AM

Will be a good show!
Mopar people will like it.
People will positively be talking about it! LOL!

Enjoy,

Chuck West
Posted By: jsmopar1072

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 01:52 AM

820 hp holy hemi
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/27/07 01:59 AM

Posted By: 383man

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:01 AM

820 hp !!!! I was thinking it looked like a FAST eng. But I do love it. Ron
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:02 AM

Excellent show, the mighty hemi Was that on the camera? DT, Darren Teeter
Posted By: tjmarcus1

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:03 AM

where is that fine 409? 820hp from a stock type elephant? they did use the same dyno for all the motors, didn"t they? woohoo!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:08 AM

cool show, nice motors, but im thinking i spent a lot more money than i should have to make the 800 hp mine puts out stock motor w/ inline Pro Systems Holleys?
what was i thinking? i could have gotten stock heads, stock cam, stock intake, and only 426 cubes to make 820 hp
that show was supposed to prove who was the baddest of the bad? it proved nothing at all in my opinion.

kudos to Darren though, nice to see some badazz mopars on TV! not trying to take anything away from the motors or the guys that built them...but a factory blueprint buildup? not gonna make 820 hp. CHIP
Posted By: tjmarcus1

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:12 AM

hey i'm glad the hemi won,but..........
Posted By: HPMike

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:14 AM

Quote:

...but a factory blueprint buildup? not gonna make 820 hp. CHIP

I was disappointed as it would have been cool to see a "factory spec" shootout.

Mike

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:16 AM

820 H.P. "BLUEPRINT"
I SMELL A RINGER
The Ford was cool.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:18 AM

Hay if we have a hard time believing it what are the Ford and Chevy guys thinking.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:27 AM

Very ENTERTAINING,to say the least! Pretty well put together show! And GOOD JOB DARREN! You conveyed your thoughts and engine info in a professional, well-spoken manner! 820 HP out of a stock HEMI? Can you say "SUPER STOCK"??!! It did sound AWESOME! Randy B.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:31 AM

We just came up with the concept for the show and showed what happened!
Stan knew the results could raise a few eye brows. Had no idea where it would end up.

Chuck West
Posted By: 66coronet

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:42 AM

I dont know about that particular Hemi. But the arm wrestler that owns it used to have a 500+ cube hemi in the coronet they showed breifly. Or so I was told at the Hayes race.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 03:28 AM

Hey DT, when will that issue of American Muscle be for sale on DVD. I know in the past that could be purchased. Where do we get one also?? Thanks, awsome show.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 03:33 AM

In defense of the Hemi, we had a week (at our expense) to put together 3 motors, none of which are easy to get parts for. The hemi is an iron headed motor with steel rods, and a flat tappet cam. FAST motors make 850 and SS motors make over 900 now. Yes that motor has more work in it than it should, but we used what we had at the shop for motors in progress.

Remember television is for entertainment, much like the internet, so don't read too much into it. Also, it's not like it was a secret kept from the production.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 04:01 AM

Darren,
Empty your mail box! Lol!

Chuck West

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 01:45 PM

Just for posterity, the tunnel port ford 427 was NEVER offered in any vehicle at any time, ever. It was over the counter ONLY, and mostly for the NASCAR crowd. So if any engine should have been deemed a ringer, how'bout one that never came in any car ever.

Also, I worked most of my life in underwater production. Every thing I've ever shot has had some unrealistic spin put on it by, post production, or an executive in the production. Unfortunately in most cases (not saying this is the case here) the people in post don't know the first thing about the subject matter. It's just a fact of TV. Two of the most discrediting things said about anything are; I saw it on TV, or read it on the internet. Enjoy it for what is, have a good laugh, and be glad YOU guys know something the VAST majority of viewers don't.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:03 PM

It was a nice show Darren and you did a great job

I want to arm wrestle Dave for the HEMI

Just kidding LOL

You guys coming to any of the events up North this year Darren?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:10 PM

Thanks man, we'll be at the Nats and the Southern nats. David's going for his fifth world championship in arm wrestling this year! He want's to know if you will put your Duster up in the match.LOL.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:15 PM

I will only put it up if I and about 30 other guys at one time can arm wrestle him LOL. Wish I had a nice a Duster I just have a lonely cheap Dart Sport

Good Luck this year Darren and Good Luck to Dave

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:24 PM

Sorry man, I was on the phone with my buddy who has a Duster, while I was typing. So much for me and multi tasking.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:31 PM

LOL

I'm just kidding ya Darren LOL

Wish I had a car like yours

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 02:48 PM

I just like how i was watching with my chevy buddy....he flipped out..

Steve

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 03:03 PM

Darren, you did a great job in front of the camera!

and great burnouts throughout the show.
Cool to get to smoke 'em up in the purple Cuda for the camera at the end.
Posted By: Dap

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 04/27/07 03:58 PM

Great Job Darren

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/16/07 09:34 PM

Attention DTHEMI

I'm interested in knowing why your "stock" 426 Hemi made more power than ANY of these 500 cubic inch, highly modified hemis that competed in "Mopar Muscle's" 2005 Hemi challenge.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/mopp_0603_2005_mopar_muscle_engine_challenge_results/lofgren.html

I'd also like to know why this (truly) stock 426 hemi made just 315 Rear Wheel HP if it makes 820 at the crank.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/roadtests/37426/index.html

Then I'd like to know why (truly) stock 426 Hemis could only run mid 13s @ 105 MPH - on 9" wide slicks:

http://members.cox.net/harddrivin1le/HEMI323vs456.JPG

Perhaps you could enlighten us.

Post deleted by moparts - 11/16/07 10:01 PM

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/16/07 10:03 PM

The Hurst Hemi car, the Super Stock Darts and similar cars ran FULLY BLUEPRINTED RACING HEMIS!

They were VASTLY more powerful the production line street hemis. They ran 12.5:1 plus CRs, radical cams, open long tube racing headers, custom intake set-ups, worked valvetrains, etc.

Even those (and the similarly prepped 426 Hemi NASCAR racing engines) made less than 600 HP.

Here's an interview with the head of Chrysler's NASCAR effort in 1970. He clearly states what I just reiterated:

http://www.hotrod.com/web/113_0508_wing/index.html

"Q: How much reserve power was left in the 426 Hemi for future increases by the end of the 1970 NASCAR race season?

A: The way we all felt at that time was we really didn't want to do any more to increase power unless it was exceptionally safe. We were running around 585 to 595 horsepower in our race engines. Yeah, we had some 600 and 610 horsepower motors but they weren't very reliable."

Sorry, but the bone stock 426 Street Hemis just weren't all that fast by modern standards.
Posted By: blairboy3

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/16/07 10:22 PM

Quote:

Attention DTHEMI

I'm interested in knowing why your "stock" 426 Hemi made more power than ANY of these 500 cubic inch, highly modified hemis that competed in "Mopar Muscle's" 2005 Hemi challenge.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/mopp_0603_2005_mopar_muscle_engine_challenge_results/lofgren.html

I'd also like to know why this (truly) stock 426 hemi made just 315 Rear Wheel HP if it makes 820 at the crank.

Then I'd like to know why (truly) stock 426 Hemis could only run mid 13s @ 105 MPH - on 9" wide slicks:

Perhaps you could enlighten us.

If you read his previous posts, they had one week to build 3 motors. They used parts they had on hand- not factory replacement parts. So ehile the Hemi retained "stock" type cast iron heads & a flat-tappet cam, what they had in stock @ a race engine shop are probably not stock spec. Same goes for the other two engines. He even admits that the hemi was massaged a bit due to the parts selection they had on hand. On another note, they were told to do a build-up similar to what would have come out of the Yenko shop, Mr. Norm's shop, and whatever Ford performance shop of the era (Shelby?) I doubt their engines were anything close to stock...

Don't read too into stuff. Judging on your registration date, you're probably a chevy or ford lubber looking for a fight. And, as was mentioned, the tunnel port ford was never a factory option- as was the Street & Race Hemi, and the Chevy L88. So, Stop being jealous & enjoy the entertainment

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/16/07 10:47 PM

Full-tilt Super Stock and NASCAR 426 racing hemis were making less than 600 HP in 1970.

"Q: How much reserve power was left in the 426 Hemi for future increases by the end of the 1970 NASCAR race season?

A: The way we all felt at that time was we really didn't want to do any more to increase power unless it was exceptionally safe. We were running around 585 to 595 horsepower in our race engines. Yeah, we had some 600 and 610 horsepower motors but they weren't very reliable."

"Mr Norm" most certainly wasn't building 820 HP street hemis back then!

None of these 500 cubic inch Hemis packed full of modern high performance parts could touch 820 HP:

Posted By: hemi_doug

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/16/07 10:59 PM

I won't dispute your points on 820 HP from a stock Hemi, but be careful about your claims of only 315 net. It is well known that Hemis respond very well to proper tuning and the reverse is true for an engine out of tune. Well tuned street Hemis were in the sub 12 range stock out of the box. Just because you have "data" that states low 13s and 315 net HP doesn't mean that was all they were capable of out of the box. My stock hemi was turning 360 HP net on a chassis dyno and I was still chasing a vacuum leak as well as total advance at the time (not to mention fowled plugs at the time). I’m sure it was close to 375-390 net by the time I got it dialed in. Stock everything! So a lot depends on the car/driver/tune/suspension/tire ect…..

Oh and PS....ad another 25 or so HP on top of those totals for the Gear Vendors OD on the car....

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/16/07 11:46 PM

Quote:

Just because you have "data" that states low 13s and 315 net HP doesn't mean that was all they were capable of out of the box.

I have perhaps 20 vintage 426 hemi tests in my possession. Some featured professional drivers (e.g. Ronnie Sox) driving, shall we say, "very carefully prepared" press cars. Not a single one dipped into the twelves and some had slicks and serious gears (e.g. 4.56s).

I never said "315 net HP." I said 315 REAR WHEEL HP and 350 SAE NET (measured at the flywheel) HP.

Quote:

My stock hemi was turning 360 HP net on a chassis dyno and I was still chasing a vacuum leak as well as total advance at the time (not to mention fowled plugs at the time). I’m sure it was close to 375-390 net by the time I got it dialed in. Stock everything!

What do you mean by "stock everything?" 37 model years have passed since the very last 426 street hemi rolled off the assembly line. How could any car that was built between 1966 and 1971 that is dynoed/raced in the 21st centry possibly be "stock everything?"

My definition of STOCK is when everything is EXACTLY as it was when built (35 - 40 years ago - way back when Johnson and Nixon were the Presidents).

Milled heads, decked blocks, over-bores, different cams (regardless of specs, since specs don't fully define lobe profiles), 3 angle valve jobs, lightweight, aftermarket internals, etc. don't meet my definition of stock.

Even something as "trivial" as a .030" overbore is significant because it un-shrouds the valves and raises the compression ratio, each of which increases output.

A modern, mandrel bent exhaust system fitted with modern, high flow mufflers (e.g. Flowmasters) technically isn't stock either, although I'll let that go as long as it is specified.

Let me show you an example of my definition of stock, just so we're on the same page.:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1763828

I'll bet the "totally stock" examples will be making 500 HP at the wheels 40 years from now.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My stock hemi was turning 360 HP net on a chassis dyno and I was still chasing a vacuum leak as well as total advance at the time (not to mention fowled plugs at the time). I’m sure it was close to 375-390 net by the time I got it dialed in. Stock everything!

What do you mean by stock?

My definition of STOCK is when everything is EXACTLY as it was when built (35 - 40 years ago).
That's exceedingly unlikely.

Milled heads, decked blocks, over-bores, different cams (regardless of specs, since they don't fully define lobe profiles), 3 angle valve jobs, lightweight, aftermarket internals, etc. don't meet my definition of stock.

Even something as "trivial" as a .030" overbore is significant because it un-shrouds the valves and raises the compression ratio, each of which increases output.

A modern, mandrel bent exhaust system fitted with modern, high flow mufflers technically isn't stock either, though I'll let that go as long as it is specified.

Let me show you an example of my definition of stock, just so we're on the same page.:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1763828

I'll bet the "totally stock" examples will be making 500 HP at the wheels 40 years from now.

So what is your point? You must have a brand X engine, and seem a bit jealous. Your not suggesting the contest was bias? Fact is in tuned form the hemi is the ultimate engine package, what is argue about that. The show clearly pointed this out...

Its entertainment

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:19 AM

My MAIN point is that the "stock 426 hemi" that made 820 HP on that TV show was actually a highly modified stroker engine that was packed full of modern, performance enhancing parts.

That means the TV show MISLED its viewers and it propagating myths that have no basis in fact.

I am asking that the guy who built the engine and initiated this post come clean about the engine's specifics so that we can ALL learn the truth.

Posted By: goldmember

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:29 AM

Almost everthing you see on TV or the internet is misleading,so what??!!! What does your honda make at the wheels 600hp and run 12's? Thanks HEMIFRED thats funny chit.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:42 AM

I have an '07 Acura TL Type S that can run low 14s @ 100+ MPH (from a 3.5 liter V6 that pulling 3,600 pounds worth of car).

It's a decent daily driver and would have been considered a fast car by 1960's standards. (It isn't a fast car by modern standards, though.)

My last car was an LS1/1LE/6 speed Camaro fitted with headers, cat-back, cold air package, B&M "Ripper" shifter, etc. It was likely a high 12 second car, though my thing is the open road and I never bother to drag it.

None of that is relevant, though.

I want to know the specifics on the "stock 426 hemi" that made 820 HP: Bore, stroke, head work, valve size, cam specs (must be outrageous), details on the cranks, rods, pistons...all of it.

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:46 AM

Quote:

I have an '07 Acura TL Type S that can run low 14s @ 100+ MPH (from a 3.5 liter V6 that pulling 3,600 pounds worth of car).

It's a decent daily driver and would have been considered a fast car by 1960's standards. (It isn't a fast car by modern standards, though.)

My last car was an LS1/1LE/6 speed Camaro fitted with headers, cat-back, cold air package, B&M "Ripper" shifter, etc.

It was likely a high 12 second car, though my thing is the open road and I never bother to drag it.

None of this is relevant, though.

I want to know the specifics on the "stock 426 hemi" that made 820 HP: Bore, stroke, head work, valve size, cam specs (must be outrageous), details on the cranks, rods, pistons...all of it.

vrooooooom vroooooom

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:48 AM

Quote:

thats top secret only true mopar people have a right to that info

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:49 AM

I heard the Hemi was stock and it was the other 2 engines that were highly modified.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:50 AM

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc136...THEMIvs4401.jpg

My V6 Acura would have been more than enough to put away that TRULY "stock" 440.

And the hemi needed super-tuning and slicks in order to truly beat the Acura.

That's back when those cars were brand new and not modified in any manner.

Isn't it funny how they just keep getting faster as time marches on?

We call that PROGRESS.

But again, this is off topic.

I want to know THE TRUTH about the hemi engine in question.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:50 AM

Why don't you PM DTHemi and see if he will tell you??
Posted By: dstryr

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:53 AM

Quote:

That means the TV show MISLED its viewers and it propagating myths that have no basis in fact.

Call Geraldo. He's good with stuff like this.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:54 AM

Quote:

I already have.

I want him to reveal the full truth on the main board, though.

And ideally, I would like the TV show to apologize to its viewers for misleading them.

The 426 Hemi is a fine engine for what it is. All I want is THE TRUTH.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:56 AM

Quote:

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 12:57 AM

I'm truly impressed!! WOW!! SHAZZAMM! Your a bad Acura drivin man!!
Posted By: hemi_doug

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:00 AM

Dude...it was all stock. No trick anything.... down to standard bore, heads, rods, pistons, crank, manifolds, cam and date code correct carbs. Now head over to one of the GM boards and hangout with the rest of the loosers....

Your a hoot!! Do you have a wing and wear a fire suit? I bet you do!!

I wonder if his hondah has a wing
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I already have.

I want him to reveal the full truth on the main board, though.

And ideally, I would like the TV show to apologize to its viewers for misleading them.

The 426 Hemi is a fine engine for what it is. All I want is THE TRUTH.

You just registered today, and the first thing you do is dig up a post from April and demand an appology?!

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:02 AM

Quote:

This calls for an INQUISITION!!!

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:03 AM

Quote:

...or someone with a brain.

It was likely a 496+ CID stroker engine built up in a manner similar to those that run in F.A.S.T. It ran a .600"+ lift cam with obscene duration and a very tight LSA. It also ran worked heads, modern, lightweight internals and every other trick in the book.

I didn't see the show, but I suspect that long tube, open headers were also involved.

Sounds "stock" to me!
Posted By: Noblewk

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:03 AM

Quote:

All I want is THE TRUTH.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:05 AM

Not to detract from your Acura or the newer cars, but with all the assist newer cars get,(computers,tuned port fuel injection, etc.)they should perform to their optimum levels. Muscle cars back in the day didn't have any of the tech that is available now to have fully optimize their full performance potential. Todays cars have everything available in the way of optimizing their performance all the way down to the suspension and tires. An apples to oranges comparison in my opinion. Plenty of old school iron out there looking old school and beating these newer 40 grand plus cars with ease. We were just talking about that the other day. You wouldn't happen to own a new Corvette by chance would you?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

It was likely a 496+ CID stroker engine built up in a manner similar to those that run in F.A.S.T. It ran a .600"+ lift cam with obscene duration and a very tight LSA. It also ran worked heads, modern, lightweight internals and every other trick in the book.

I didn't see the show, but I suspect that long tube, open headers were also involved.

Sounds "stock" to me!

You could really get your post count up if you didn't edit every single post you make and just add a new one.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:07 AM

Quote:

Not to detract from your Acura or the newer cars, but with all the assist newer cars get,(computers,tuned port fuel injection, etc.)they should perform to their optimum levels. Muscle cars back in the day didn't have any of the tech that is available now to have fully optimize their full performance potential. Todays cars have everything available in the way of optimizing their performance all the way down to the suspension and tires.

Fuel injection doesn't increase power by all that much.

Do you require proof?

This 455 Pontiac made LESS power with EFI than it made with a good carb:
http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/tech/hppp_0704_new_age_455_fuel_injection/index.html

This LS1 did nearly as well with carb, even though the heads were optimzed for EFI:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0409em_gmpp/index.html

Furthermore, front wheel drive with an open differential is hardly "optimized" for drag racing.

Even today's rear drive PERFORMANCE cars aren't optimzed for drag racing, since their stiff suspensions don't transfer weight efficiently and their fat front tires yield lots of rolling friction.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Sounds "stock" to me!

if you had a brain you wouldn't have come here poking the big bear. it's not a safe place for honduh drivers
Posted By: RemCharger

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:12 AM

Jeezz....you really have some issue about long tube headers
Let me guess...a long tube header keeps gettin you in your sleep

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Not to detract from your Acura or the newer cars, but with all the assist newer cars get,(computers,tuned port fuel injection, etc.)they should perform to their optimum levels. Muscle cars back in the day didn't have any of the tech that is available now to have fully optimize their full performance potential. Todays cars have everything available in the way of optimizing their performance all the way down to the suspension and tires.

Fuel injection doesn't increase power by all that much.

Do you require proof?

This 455 Pontiac made LESS power with EFI than it made with a good carb:
http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/tech/hppp_0704_new_age_455_fuel_injection/index.html

Furthermore, front wheel drive with an open differential is hardly "optimized" for drag racing.

Did the Pontiac have tuned port fuel injection? Just wondering.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:14 AM

Quote:

This LS1 did:

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/hardcore/0409em_gmpp/index.html

And the carb still did pretty good - despite the fact that the LS1 was specifically designed for EFI.

FACT: Carbs provide a COOLER MIXTURE than EFI due to the latent heat of vaporization.

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/17/07 01:15 AM

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:17 AM

thats it I am getting me some of those long tube headers, some of that fancy fuel injection and computer stuff for my hemi. I may even put a wing on it that should make my stock hemi about 1000hp

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

This LS1 did:

And the carb still did pretty good - despite the fact that the LS1 was specifically designed for EFI.

That still doesn't tell the whole story. Especially one test. There is still quite a few other factors involved in new car design that assist in the tuning and performance of newer engines that older engines never had a chance to enjoy. Is this what they call a strawmans argument?
Posted By: 8secDart

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:22 AM

I hate computers.It makes jack asses look like they know something.The hell with typing, LETS RACE.YOUR TURD ANYWHERE, ANYTIME.I'll show you a HEMI whopping.

Attached picture 3958143-PA030008.JPG
Posted By: blownEFI

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My V6 Acura would have been more than enough to put away that TRULY "stock" 440.

We call that PROGRESS.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has Mopars. And those Mopars have to be guarded by men with ballz. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Hondas and you curse the Hemi's. You have that luxury. You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at car shows, you want me in that Mopar. You need me in that Mopar.
We use words like Hemi, wedge, blowers...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very horsepower I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a wrench and start wrenching on your pathetic Acura. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Now that's funny!

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:34 AM

Thanks for taking up for me guys, I really appreciate the support!!!

Just another "last of the mental giants" question

and as stated in my PM response NOT A STROKER. but when you live in Acura land the world is always "sloped" uphill against you. No pun intended.
Posted By: 70Dustmite440

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We call that PROGRESS.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has Mopars. And those Mopars have to be guarded by men with ballz. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Hondas and you curse the Hemi's. You have that luxury. You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at car shows, you want me in that Mopar. You need me in that Mopar.
We use words like Hemi, wedge, blowers...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very horsepower I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a wrench and start wrenching on your pathetic Acura. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Now that's funny!

thats more than funny, that... men ... is priceless.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We call that PROGRESS.

Now that's funny!

thats more than funny, that... men ... is priceless.

By far the funniest thing ever said on this board, thanks Dave!!!!!!
Posted By: 70Dustmite440

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:41 AM

Quote:

that really made my day.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:27 AM

Quote:

...and as stated in my PM response NOT A STROKER.

What exactly is it then?

Bore:
Stroke:
Compression Ratio:
Octane Requirements:
Camshaft specs (lift, duration, LSA, overlap):
Cylinder Head and valvetrain specifics:
Internal parts specifics (e.g. crank, rods and pistons):

Whatever it is somehow managed to make about 100 HP more than any of these 500 CID hemis running radical cams, worked and/or aftermarket heads and lots of modern, power adding parts.:

HOW?

What are you hiding?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:36 AM

Hi all!

I normally would not respond to this type of thread, but at the request of a few phone calls tonight, I will!

As the program coordinator for this show for quite a few years, I can only say that this person is certainly entitled to his/her, opinion.
After years of trying to give serious, honest and correct information to all lovers of American Muscle Cars, we occasionally have / had things happen, that were over the scope or intent of our best planned expectations.

As an example: This specific show we are speaking / typing of!
As another example; typically, for our show, the network would never condone or enable us to have any type of illegal type of activity on a public street. During one show, we had an unexpected street race happen right in front of us, while we were filming. Being hard core car guys and long time (X), street racers / organized drag racers, we kept filming! We knew the footage would end up on the network editing floor. We (of course), kept the footage and finalized production and sent it off to the network. We were shocked to get our final edit and lo and behold, there, for the muscle car masses, world wide, was the actual street race to be aired in every market! Stunned to say the least.
Some of you may remember the show!? It was the one where two long time friends reenacted a grudge race that had happened many times over the years, where a bronze AAR 4speed Cuda, raced against a cortez silver 69' Z/28, (also 4 speed equipped).

Did we catch flak? Yes! Did we like it? In all honesty? Yes! One thing I have learned during my magazine / tv days, is that controversy sells! Stan funds the show totally from his own pockets and the more people watch or talk about the show, the more the network likes us and renews contracts!

As for an apology! Sorry! But none offered to you!
Our show (The American Muscle Car)may not be for you!
We do the very best we can and it's not always pleasing to everyone. In your case, with all due respect! You may wish to watch NOPI or Opie, which ever you really prefer!
We did nothing wrong intentionally and from what I have been told by many masses of people (while attending national events), we do OK on the entertainment side of things too.

Almost forgot! Yes, the AAR won!

Thank you,

Chuck West

PS - If we ever venture into the world of Foreign cars? We hope you "tune" in!

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:55 AM

Your show said the engine was "a stock 426 Hemi." It wasn't even close.

This TRULY stock 426 Hemi managed just 315 REAR WHEEL HP! That might equate to 360 Net Engine HP on a really good day.

This modernized 426 hemi crate engine could only manage 594 Gross HP - AFTER they installed a radical roller cam and a racing Demon carb on it.
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/155_0310_hemi_426_crate_engine_dyno_test/index.html

So how did your "stock" example manage to make 226 HP (38%) more than that one?

Do you think a 3,900 pound car that runs mid 13s at less than 105 MPH (TRULY stock, but sitted with 9" wide slicks) makes anything close to 820 HP?

How can you expect people to think your show has ANY credibility when it's featuring nonsense like that "stock" muscle car engine test?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:01 AM

Demon carbs are known for killing power, thats why one has never qualified in NHRA prostock.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:02 AM

I believe the show actually underrated the horsepower of that particular Hemi for insurance reasons. We may never really know what the true horsepower of that beast really was.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:05 AM

Quote:

I believe the show actually underrated the horsepower of that particular Hemi for insurance reasons. We may never really know what the true horsepower of that beast really was.

Most likely true
Posted By: RemCharger

Thats a very good point.

Quote:

Demon carbs are known for killing power, thats why one has never qualified in NHRA prostock.

..and your known for DISTORTING FACTS and WITHOLDING INFORMATION.

Does THIS look like 820 flywheel HP to you?:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/roadtests/37426/photo_08.html

Or how about this?

The director of Chyrsler's 1970 NASCAR program says their full boogie 426 RACING engines made less than 600 HP:

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

..and your known for DISTORTING FACTS and WITHOLDING INFORMATION.

Does THIS look like 820 flywheel HP to you?:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/roadtests/37426/photo_08.html

Or how about this?

Wow!! I should run for president then, as I'm now qualified!!

PS; there is no Santa Claus, don't believe Big Bird, he has a drinking problem.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:12 AM

The truth of the matter is that "American Musclecar" should expose this for the farce that it is and apologize to its viewers.

In the future is should deal SOLELY with reputable builders who provide ALL of the details of the build. And even the smallest variations should be disclosed to the viewers.

They should also hire a 3rd party observer with a solid understanding of the subject matter to oversee the build and verify that no BS is occurring.

Do you like it when politicians and other people LIE to you?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:20 AM

Quote:

The truth of the matter is that "American Musclecar" should expose this for the farce that it is and apologize to its viewers.

In the future is should deal SOLELY with reputable builders who provide ALL of the details of the build. And even the smallest variations should be disclosed to the viewers.

They should also hire a 3rd party to oversee the build and verify that no BS is occurring.

They did, and do, and yes I love a good lie as long as it's; A- a good one, and B- pleasing to my ears. that's why I watch TV, and use the internet.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:24 AM

"American Musclecar" needs to know that NONE of these professionally built, highly modified, money-no-object, 500 cubic inch hemis that competed in the 2005 Hemi challenge could produce more than 728 Gross HP.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/mopp_0603_2005_mopar_muscle_engine_challenge_results/hemis.html

That's 92 fewer HP than your "stock 426 Hemi" made.
Posted By: NTOLERANCE

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:31 AM

Quote:

They should also hire a 3rd party observer with a solid understanding of the subject matter to oversee the build and verify that no BS is occurring.

WOW...thats got to be the biggest bunch of cry baby talk I have ever heard. All of your posts have included OTHER PEOPLES WORK as examples....

Funny there werent any Honduh engines in the competition.

Asking TV to apologize, what a load of crap. ITS TV, if its gotten your morals sooooo upset, my gash what in the world do you even own a TV for. This is what you have decided to take on for a cause to fight TV for? Man, your priorites are waaaay off. You brought up politicians, how about using your "talents" to improve goverment?

The goverment has been lying to you for centuries, where have you been hiding?

To be clear.... after reading harddrivin1le
posts, I do solemly swear to NEVER complain about any regular members on mopats ever again.

Unbeleiveable, I wonder if the Chevy or ford engine had gotten the most HP/tq if this guy would have complained as well.

Doubt it.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:33 AM

and SS/AA Hemis don't run 8.50's NA @ 436CI either. What you see in magazines, TV and challenges are designed to sell products and services. I hate to be the one to tell you but the world runs on dollars. When you're old enough to make some you'll figure that out. It will be a rude awakening, I can assure you. Isn't it past beddie by time?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:35 AM

HEY harddrivin1le.....how much power at the flywheel does your 454 cheeby make....with all the trouble you have gone to to bad mouth the MOST POWERFUL ENGINE EVER CREATED.....you must be a cheeby guy..... cheeby
Posted By: jneuf

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What the hell are you talking about!?!?! You're expecting an apology, and then you say you haven't even seen the show?!??

And then you have the nerve to come on moparts and try and start crap about it?! Seriously buddy, get a life...

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:48 AM

Quote:

and SS/AA Hemis don't run 8.50's NA @ 436CI either. What you see in magazines, TV and challenges are designed to sell products and services. I hate to be the one to tell you but the world runs on dollars. When you're old enough to make some you'll figure that out. It will be a rude awakening, I can assure you. Isn't it past beddie by time?

Summarily, you enjoy misleading and lying to people and support all of those who do likewise.

And people wonder why this world is going to hell...

Anyone can read this and decide for themselves.

"American Musclecar" will come clean on this entire farce if it has ANY credibility.

As for me, I live in THE PRESENT.

And in THE PRESENT, bone stock, regular production performance cars go like this (10.85 @ 129.50) with AC, power steering and a host of other luxury items and DESPITE the fact that they have to meet modern emissions and safety standards and deal with unleaded, low fuel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469NvIOiz7U

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:51 AM

I just want you to know I have contacted American Muscle Car. They told me to formally appologize to you for saying the HEMI was stock. They said they did have some old SplitFire plugs laying around and they stuck them in the engine thinking the camrera would not see them. They are sorry and said you can subtract 3hp from the 820.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Summarily, you enjoy misleading and lying to people and support all of those who do likewise.

And people wonder why this world is going to hell...

Anyone can read this and decide for themselves.
"American Musclecar" will come clean on this entire farce if it has ANY credibility.

As for me, I live in THE PRESENT.

And in THE PRESENT, bone stock, regular production performance cars go like this (with AC, power steering and a host of other luxury items and DESPITE the fact that they have to meet modern emissions and safety standards and deal with unleaded, low octane fuel):
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...mo5Kf4SIbKP5Hvw

Yes, that's me in a nutshell. After an hour on the internet you know me perfectly!!

Isn't youthful indignation just the cutest thing you ever did see?

Also as for the world going to hell, AC/DC said in print and radio that "hell ain't a bad place to be" and that's where you'll be when you next line up againt a Hemi

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:00 AM

Quote:

Isn't youthful indignation just the cutest thing you ever did see?

Nope.

But this is one of the cutest things I ever did see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469NvIOiz7U

BONE STOCK - AC/POWER STEERING/LOTS OF LUXURY GOODIES/FULLY EMISSION COMPLIANT/93 octane unleaded.

And that car can actually go around a corner, stop and approach 200 MPH - right out of the box.

Anyway, it's been fun learning all about the lies.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:02 AM

I told you he was a chebby guy..... Hey I just watched a recorded NHRA race....when did you guy start hanging the distributor or mag off the front of your 454's? The body was a Firebird, must be a chebby engine....right?
Posted By: moeflo

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:04 AM

On you Acura…Nice car. That said, for some reason you tout it as some sort of standard to measure 40 year old technology by. Lets take your Acura, and limit your ignition adjustability to the equivalent of points, vacuum advance and distributor weights, all locked in above 3K RPM, .and, all fired from a single ignition coil. Now, lets say you are limited to one, and one only fuel pressure, from idle to red line, Now, variable valve timing is obviously off the table, as are any synthetics. Dump your fuel/air from 2 points only, which compromises those nice long neatly folded runners your Acura benefits from. Absolutely zero active engine management. Every adjustment is set before you leave your driveway.. If yours is an automatic, it would be without wires. You could adjust your little throttle pressure thingie until you got the best compromise. If it’s a manual, it’s a 4 speed, which was the max for any remotely affordable car in 1970.
It just became a mid to high16 second car with damn nice interior. In a state of factory tune (warranty based tune) with a 3.5 and 3600 lbs. you’re probably nearer the 17 second range. Still great seats.

BTW, I’ve witnessed a perfectly stock ’69 Super Bee run 13.70’s.440 six pac with 3.91’s It was just taken out of “warranty” tune and tuned for power. Something you Acura can do on the fly.

As far as the validity of the information in the show, do you get your news from Entertainment Tonight? Do you believe that late night wrestling is real? Give the general public a little credit for being able to decide on such things themselves. Your demands for disclosure remind me of the mentality behind all the retarded warning labels we see on everything today. Try to lighten up. You can find sites and publications that worship one brand and demonize the rest. Go to one that represents your brand.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:07 AM

Ive got a SHOCKER for ya chebby...take your Acura head off flip it over on your workbench...couch...and what do you have.....HEMI!!! Us ol dumb Americans paved the way...

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:09 AM

My car has fewer emissions than that heap since I'm E85 burning, and that thing wouldn't fall out of a tree if you pushed it. A ten second 1/4 is laughable in this context Once again, someone elses car and efforts used to not make your point. Go to bed son I can't stay up all night playing. I'll be at another shoot in the morning for another magazine featuring my Cuda so I need some sleep. Good night, and it's been fun.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 05:03 AM

This is why he's po'ed. I kinda of figured it and then when he posted the 70 grand Corvette I knew it. He's mad because there's members here with less than 10 grand in their cars that can walk all over his 70 grand Vette.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=5#Post3944691

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 05:23 AM

The only Z06 he beat (in May '05, when he posted that) was the 346 cid LS6 C5. Those could break into the high elevens @ 118 MPH:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_2004_z06_corvette_feature/index.html

The new 427 CID Z06 wasn't released for sale until September of 2005; that one is a lot faster:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65430

Are you still laughing?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 05:33 AM

Quote:

Are you still laughing?

Everytime I see somebody go spend 70 grand or more to go 11's. Yeah I think that's pretty dayum funny.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 05:35 AM

Quote:

Everytime I see somebody go spend 70 grand or more to go 11's. Yeah I think that's pretty dayum funny.

Then you don't understand what handling, braking and being able to accelerate with force from 150 MPH are all about.

You also don't understand that the $70K models are the ones that can run TENS - BONE STOCK - LIKE THIS ONE!

The PREVIOUS gen Z06 (with its little 346 cid V8) could break into the high elevens. Example:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/0410htp_2004_z06_corvette_feature/index.html

And that one HANDLES and STOPS too (and gets 19 MPG city/28 MPH highway on 91 octane unleaded).

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/17/07 05:35 AM

Posted By: Noblewk

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 05:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Then you don't understand what handling, braking and being able to accelerate with force from 150 MPH are all about.

You also don't understand that the $70K models are the ones that can run TENS - BONE STOCK - LIKE THIS ONE!

The PREVIOUS gen Z06 (with its little 346 cid V8) could break into the high elevens. Example:

And that one HANDLES and STOPS too (and gets 19 MPG city/28 MPH highway on 91 octane unleaded).

I'll take on your 70K vehicle and kick its butt in all the categories , Handling, Stops, 1/4 speed, MPG with my little 12K stock machine.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 05:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

All this in only 40 years after Chrysler were turning out the SS cars doing 10's out the box with 1 less cubic inch. Those Hemi's really sucked didn't they? Somehow I don't think they were worried about gas mileage though. Ok you got me, better gas mileage and handling with great stopping power at a low low price of 70 grand. A real steal of a deal on wheels.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 01:12 PM

The Super Stock Cudas and Darts were NOT street cars:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc136/harddrivin1le_album/img020.jpg?t=1195306765
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc136/harddrivin1le_album/img021.jpg?t=1195306804

The Z06 Corvette is. And the Corvette does 198 MPH - BONE STOCK, has fantastic brakes and handles like it's on rails. It does all of that on 91 octane unleaded and while meeting modern emissions and safety standards and getting 15 city/24 highway MPG per the EPA's latest and most stringent fuel economy standard.

And regardless of what legend and myth would have you believe, the only Super Stock hemi cars that ran 10s back the 60s used FULLY BLUEPRINTED (with chambers cc'd to minimum NHRA tech specs) race hemi engines that were fitted with even hotter than stock cams, aftermarket valvetrain gear, aftermarket oil pans (the factory one was too small) and pickups, custom intakes and carbs, worked suspensions, open long tube headers (aftermarket), etc. The faster examples even ran "experimental" factory heads (e.g. the various "D" series racings heads) that weren't supplied with the original race hemi engines.

The customers/racers also had to dump the entire factory exhaust system, install aftermarket wheels and tires, drag optimized suspensions, etc.

NHRA's Super Stock rules permitted all of that (and more).

Guys like Dick Landy would receive the cars (ALL of which were sold to professional drag racers with factory connections) and modify them as described above - regardless the "out of the box' crap that I've also seen in print.

Here is a mid-10 second NHRA Super Stock Dart - circa 1969. Note the (partial) list of all of the mods and the obviously modified appearance of the car:
http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc136...EMIDRAGDART.jpg
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:22 PM

Quote:

This thread has been a good laugh for me & Fred you definitley summed it up for me.

As for the Accura Kid, get a life or go to another board, even better as suggested by DT, go to bed. Then you can dream about more Accura's & Vettes & whatever else you think is not true.

Thanks for the fun read

Oh yeah, did I say I got a Hemi as well, but dont think I will be panicking the next time I come accross a vette or a Honda .............

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:28 PM

Who needs a HEMI to beat a piece of crap ShatVette??? They havent been able to beat a BONE STOCK Viper for the last 10 years.......Went to Atlanta to watch the Viper Vette shootout from stock to twin turbo the Vette didnt win one single event. Want me to post those videos....or burn you a DVD and U.P.S. it to ya...
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:44 PM

Quote:

The Super Stock Cudas and Darts were NOT street cars:

Define a "street car"...

Is this all you do, cry and whine? You gotta change your channel!

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 02:46 PM

The SS cars weren't street cars? You would have a hard time convincing some of the people that bought one and put it on the street.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:00 PM

Tell ya what...I'll run my "315" horse 426 HEMI against your 600 horse Z0crap anytime you get ready.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:09 PM

Quote:

Yes, but YOUR mother and father were BROTHER AND SISTER.

They got some apologizing to do too....?

Were they brother and sister?

We want the TRUTH!

Did they have you as a baby, brother and sister?

What are they HIDING?

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:11 PM

Quote:

Tell ya what...I'll run my "315" horse 426 HEMI against your 600 horse Z0crap anytime you get ready.

He owns an Acura top fueler, not a Vette.
His tip alone got him into the 13s!
Now THAT would make a show!

Post deleted by Defbob - 11/17/07 03:12 PM

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:29 PM

Hahaha

I just went through the link where he's been banned from forums. He's been banned from ALOT of forums. Acuras forums, import forums, you name it.

Funny stuff!

Did you know he DESIGNS ENGINES FOR A LIVING...?!?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by harddrivin1le :
I am a mechanical engineer who DESIGNS ENGINES FOR A LIVING.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:34 PM

Quote:

Did you know he DESIGNS ENGINES FOR A LIVING...?!?!

I heard he was transitioning from the "Snap-Tite" models to the glue together next week....

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:50 PM

hey if he were to get a set of them long tube headers he make break into the 12s so watch out
Posted By: 540CUDA

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 03:59 PM

Other than the entertainment value this freak is adding soley from the hilarious responses, this thread needs to die.

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:56 PM

I just hope someone doesn't force him to take his meds!! LOL

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 11/17/07 04:58 PM

Quote:

hey if he were to get a set of them long tube headers he make break into the 12s so watch out

Those long tube header things have NO place on a street car!
Posted By: DonnyBrass

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/18/07 11:09 PM

I want everyone to know the GM camp does not have any membership papers on file for Acura-boy.......

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 12:49 AM

Acura dude, were you there to tear down that vette and make sure its stock with your own eyes? I bet you were, right? Every guy that knows what he is talking about knows the hemi isnt 100% stock, as stated they used what they had and some of it was a little better than stock. Just relax and read up about motors you'll never be able to own or handle so you can try to look smart on the internet. Oh, BTW by time i was 17 i built my roller cammed 408...of course its no fireturd or crapmaro with a 5.7 and headers and a cold air intake.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 01:56 AM

Let me explain it to ya like this acura boy. We all know the word "stock" is meaningless 40 years after the fact......but, when ya got an engine like the MIGHTY HEMI thats the platform for 8000hp rockets ( something your beloved chevy and acuras will never have to worry about), ya get to perpetuate ANY myth ya please. GOT IT!!! As for muscle cars in general, it was the high ceiling that came with them. It doesn't take 70,000 bucks to make any MOPAR muscle walk all over this modern stuff. I could care less about cornering and braking. Cause ya see, when your next to me at a light or on the highway and ya just got done telling your girlfriend how spiffy your junk is, now ya got to explain to her why that old car just ripped ya a new one. And THAT my honda loving (hehehehehehe) friend is how REAL men roll. GOT THAT!!! Oh.....and if ya ever want to put up any of your modern factory stock stuff, I've got a nice "stock" HEMICUDA and a beautiful piece of highyway waiting for ya. I'm easy to find.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 02:42 AM

Knowing you Darren for a little longer than that kid...i can say he has some living to do...
Of all the people someone could try to label as a liar..or sub par in character.. he picked the wrong person...let me first just say that..
next...
He's really gonna be at a loss for words when you wip this out of your garage...isnt he..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NOcI4U1sb4
sorry dude your chebby looses on this one also..
cheapst.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 02:45 AM

its just like those vette guys to bring a pensil to an erasor convention..
we got an answer for your vette to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqDhEEyFrLI
cheapst
besides didnt yo momma ever tell you? its Torque thats important....

opps... in my defense i didnt see the post date until you brought it to my attention.
Posted By: Sledge_57

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 02:47 AM

Man, is this thread back from the dead?

It needs a stake through it's heart....

"VAMPIRE THREAD" we need a new smiley

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 03:20 AM

Nice Challenger...... Vette....
Good looking cars...

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 12/19/07 03:22 AM

Quote:

Let me explain it to ya like this acura boy. We all know the word "stock" is meaningless 40 years after the fact......but, when ya got an engine like the MIGHTY HEMI thats the platform for 8000hp rockets ( something your beloved chevy and acuras will never have to worry about), ya get to perpetuate ANY myth ya please. GOT IT!!! As for muscle cars in general, it was the high ceiling that came with them. It doesn't take 70,000 bucks to make any MOPAR muscle walk all over this modern stuff. I could care less about cornering and braking. Cause ya see, when your next to me at a light or on the highway and ya just got done telling your girlfriend how spiffy your junk is, now ya got to explain to her why that old car just ripped ya a new one. And THAT my honda loving (hehehehehehe) friend is how REAL men roll. GOT THAT!!! Oh.....and if ya ever want to put up any of your modern factory stock stuff, I've got a nice "stock" HEMICUDA and a beautiful piece of highyway waiting for ya. I'm easy to find.

Posted By: daniel_depetro

Re: WATCH "THE AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR TONIGHT"@9:30PM - 02/20/10 04:52 AM

Ever since I saw this episode on TV I wanted to get a copy on DVD.

Does anyone have a copy they could send, borrow, or sell me?

daniel_depetro@yahoo.com
(906) 273-0256
© 2024 Moparts Forums