Moparts

Front runner tire preference?

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 04:56 PM

I need to buy a new set of front runners, 26" dia. I have run Hoosier in the past and almost destroyed my car with only 4 passes on a new pair. Went MT and they were very stable at speed. I will likely go back with the MT, but the Moroso DS2 is intriguing to me. Anyone have expereince with this tire? Good or Bad?
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 07:21 PM

I've always ran a goodyear.
Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 07:23 PM

I like my M/T's front and rear.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 07:48 PM

I've run most all the front runners over the years. The Goodyears make MY car drive straightest and have the best life. The M&H Front Runners were not so good. The Goodyear Sports Car Special, which they no longer offer, was the worst. Mickey's were OK. Never tried Hoosier.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 07:57 PM

I have tons of experience with the DS2's. I really like the design that squats when throw a load to it. Gives you more braking traction at the stripe. I have run mine at crazy tire pressures that most wouldn't dream of with the tires 3 feet in the air. No issues. Bought a new set last year after 7 seasons on the last set. Thats well over 1500 runs.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 08:14 PM

No problems with the Hoosier front runners..they drove nice, and was stable with violent launches and wheel stands. I have already purchased M/T Sportsman Front runners for the 65 though.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 08:23 PM

I like the Moroso drag specials.
Posted By: T748

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 10:47 PM

I've had good luck with the DS2's. Currently though, the car has a taller set of Toyo's. http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-drag-slick
The price was good, and the local Les Schwab tire store can get them in a day. After a season on them, there hasn't been any issues. They are a plain blackwall tire, so no worries about vintage iron sporting a big "Toyo" logo. -Tom.
Posted By: SnakeEisz67

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 11:05 PM

Quote:

I need to buy a new set of front runners, 26" dia. I have run Hoosier in the past and almost destroyed my car with only 4 passes on a new pair. Went MT and they were very stable at speed. I will likely go back with the MT, but the Moroso DS2 is intriguing to me. Anyone have expereince with this tire? Good or Bad?

I've had no problem with the Moroso DS2s @ 136+ mph. 67' Valiant e/w 499" RB.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 11:11 PM

All I've ever run are Hoosier's... no complaints
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 11:46 PM

Quote:

I have run goodyears for forty years Brian, get the wallet open and buy them! you know what kind of luck I've had with Goodyear, They have not given me a reason to try anything else!although I am sure there are some other good ones out there! DAD
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/03/10 11:54 PM

Quote:

I have run goodyears for forty years Brian, get the wallet open and buy them!

Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 01:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I have run goodyears for forty years Brian, get the wallet open and buy them! you know what kind of luck I've had with Goodyear, They have not given me a reason to try anything else!although I am sure there are some other good ones out there! DAD

I am 100% sure you used to run the Moroso drag specials before turning to Goodyear.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 01:49 AM

Quote:

All I've ever run are Hoosier's... no complaints

This is what I've been running for 3 years now, very
good wear or should I say lack of wear , I
have also run Moroso and they wore fairly quick
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 02:06 AM

hoosiers here, no complaints

Attached picture 5780346-atco4.jpg
Posted By: Belvedere500ci

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 02:17 AM

Hoosiers! All the way around..

Posted By: 70dusterjohn

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 03:50 AM

I've had good luck with both M/Ts and Hoosiers..
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 03:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am 100% sure you used to run the Moroso drag specials before turning to Goodyear.

Dang, smartazz kid!

For what it is worth. Iliked my GY before switch to MT. Like them too.

Attached picture 5780687-HC09(3).jpg
Posted By: cudasteve68

Re: Front runner tire preference? - 02/04/10 04:59 PM

I run a VW Bettle tire.....
They do not flat spot as bad.
I have 4 years on them now and probally 4 more in them yet. I know not speed rated, but I have gone 130 mph a few passes, no issues yet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums